Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ArsenicIndigo

Zao legendary upgrade

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
56 posts
10,177 battles

So after all this grinding I finally got the legendary upgrade for my beloved Zao - only to be shocked to find that you put it into slot 6. Seriously, a T10 heavy cruiser with 17.5km range, is that a joke? The range is atrocious even with the regular slot 6 module, but half of that from a LEGENDARY upgrade? Why not put it into slot 5 like the Hindi one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
6,026 posts
12,326 battles
3 hours ago, ArsenicIndigo said:

Why not put it into slot 5 like the Hindi one?

 

Because itr would allow the Zao to stack both range improvements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,118 posts
5,030 battles

Are you a troll or an island hugger?

 

The range difference is very slight. 1.3 or 1.5km, I kinda forgot...

You can use a spotter plane on Zao btw :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
56 posts
10,177 battles

I'm neither. It's just not much of "legendary" upgrade if the downsides outweigh the upsides.

The range difference is significant because of all the heavy cruisers, the Zao already has pretty much the lowest range.

And I'm mainly complaining about the slot, not the actual "upgrade", don't get me wrong. Zao counters Hindi and with this upgrade, it gets even worse rather than better, compared to the stock module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
5,927 posts
7,236 battles
21 minutes ago, ArsenicIndigo said:

I'm neither. It's just not much of "legendary" upgrade if the downsides outweigh the upsides.

The range difference is significant because of all the heavy cruisers, the Zao already has pretty much the lowest range.

And I'm mainly complaining about the slot, not the actual "upgrade", don't get me wrong. Zao counters Hindi and with this upgrade, it gets even worse rather than better, compared to the stock module.

Legendary modules are meant to be sidegrades, not straight up buffs. In Zao's case, it is less range benefit in return for better rudder shift and added accuracy. If you think standard range mod is better, well, then the legendary module might just not be for your playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
209 posts
8,539 battles

Grinds a Legendary mod, pouring hours into the ship without doing any homework on the mod itself Flawless intelligence. But seriously,  the range difference is almost nothing, if its affecting your gameplay so much, you must be sticking to that maximum range circle like super glue. If your really having issues, get a spotter place mod and slot it onto your zao and slap on jack of all trades + everything else that reduces consumable reload time, gl hf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
56 posts
10,177 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 12:28 AM, Riselotte said:

Legendary modules are meant to be sidegrades, not straight up buffs. In Zao's case, it is less range benefit in return for better rudder shift and added accuracy. If you think standard range mod is better, well, then the legendary module might just not be for your playstyle.

Not quite true - on DM you get double propulsion mod.To quote: "When combined with Propulsion Modification 2 (-50% to time for reaching full power. / Increases engine power when the ship starts moving.), the ship will accelerate from 0-27 knots in approximately 8 seconds."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×