Sign in to follow this  
umpaumpaX

Slots for legendary upgrades

2 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
9,491 battles

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that the ships will have  legendary upgrades in slot 5 or 6. Ok. upgrades will buff different stats but I want

to talk about Hindy and Zao. For both ships CE mod. is mandatory and here are difference:

Hindy put LU in slot 5 so you have to choose between something what you must have or samething that

could be done a littele wors with appropriate use o DCP (basic skill on this level). Additionaly she is the most "tanky" cruiser and there are other vital features

that could be buffed for trade for such important mod. Interesting choice.

But Zao dont have such "grate" choice. You choose from 2 good buffs +16% to range or +8% range, -7% dispersion and 20% better rudder shift time.

Additionaly Zao got 50% buff to torps range and Hindy got 10% reload nerff.

Was Hindy so OP? I dont know how to get stats for dedicated time period but in general she has the worst WR from of al T10 cruisers.

I have heard she was overpopulated and doing wery well in CW (personaly never did and never will).

So CW are now main factor to decided if ship is doing good or bad and the random battles are only less important add-on?.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,969 battles

Too many questions at once, but Ill answer as best I can.

2 hours ago, umpaumpaX said:

For both ships CE mod. is mandatory

Zao, yes. Not for Hindenburg though. Both Concealment and Rudder mod 3 worked well for Ranked and Randoms and I personally used the latter in combination with Propulsion mod 2. In clan wars though Concealment mod is absolutely mandatory. 

The art of using propulsion mod for dodging can be hard to get a hang of, but when you do you can be close to invulnerable to BBs at long range while you can chunk them back with HE. For Randoms and Ranked you want to fire all the time if possible, and as such concealment mod doesnt get a chance to shine. For Zao this isnt the case, Zao focusing much more on torpedoes and pure alpha against many targets the concealment is very valuable and the rudder is already good enough that you really dont need Rudder shift mod 2 in the 4th slot.

Hindy put LU in slot 5 so you have to choose between something what you must have or samething that

could be done a littele wors with appropriate use o DCP (basic skill on this level). Additionaly she is the most "tanky" cruiser and there are other vital features

that could be buffed for trade for such important mod. Interesting choice.

I dont really get what youre trying to say here.

Hindenburgs legendary mod is an upgrade over Rudder shift mod 3, but concealment mod is still considered the best for top competitive. In ranked or randoms however I think the Legendary upgrade is much better as it lets you pick propulsion mod 2 instead of rudder mod 2 in the 4th slot. Hindenburg has such a bad rudder that I would say you need at least one upgrade that buffs it.

Since Hindenburg is pretty tanky (if played right) then it is actually kind of counterproductive to run concealment mod in many situations. If you want to have a large impact, then drawing fire and tanking by staying spotted will do just that. As long as the player is at a sufficient range, positions correctly and/or negates incoming fire well then going into stealth should be something that is needed.

But Zao dont have such "grate" choice. You choose from 2 good buffs +16% to range or +8% range, -7% dispersion and 20% better rudder shift time.

Its actually a choice between 3 good buffs. I found once I got used to Zaos ins and outs the 16.2km base range was enough as long as I had a backup spotter plane. So the last 50 or so games I played before I got the legendary I only used the reload modification. 

Still the two you mentioned are best for competitive.

4 hours ago, umpaumpaX said:

Additionaly Zao got 50% buff to torps range and Hindy got 10% reload nerff.

Was Hindy so OP? I dont know how to get stats for dedicated time period but in general she has the worst WR from of al T10 cruisers.

I have heard she was overpopulated and doing wery well in CW (personaly never did and never will).

So CW are now main factor to decided if ship is doing good or bad and the random battles are only less important add-on?.

Not sure if Zao really "needed" a buff, but Hindenburg surely needed the nerf. The consistent damage output Hindenburg had against just about any target made it have just too good performance without any glaring issues.

Hburg is just as strong in randoms as it is in competitive. It can just stay at range and deal damage to anything due to the 1/4 HE pen rule. Imo its still kind of too strong and doesnt have any super big weakness, but its much better now at least.

I dont know the exact reason why Hburgs server stats are so bad, but Hindenburg has been buffed several times and many of the stats are maybe mostly from before it was buffed?

Still in the hands of a capable player there isnt enough counterplay to the ship.

Sign in to follow this