You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Up_The_Donald

Yamato Legendary Upgrade and other Module Choice

39 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
130 posts
7,852 battles

Quick question.

With the YLU selected, I receive -7% dispersion improvement.  I already have AMS selected in module slot 2 which also gives -7% dispersion improvement.  Does this mean I get a total of -14% dispersion improvement or is on cancelled out by the other?  

I'm asking because I'm considering going for the secondary battery modification in slot 2 instead now that I have the YLU.  

Any thoughts?

[ONE2]
Players
2,934 posts
17,547 battles

Well, unfortunately Yamato has been designed as a dedicated "Sniper BB" from the start (only talking about WG version here not the real ship, mind you). Including the only still above-waterline citadel perfectly positioned to discourage any attempt at approaching to close range and brawl. So I'd say that conventional wisdom would preclude any secondary setup for her or at the least make it pointless. Any and all modules / upgrades which increase or stack up to improve accuracy, range or reload speed are recommendable though (yeah they stack up BTW, by taking both you can get 14% buff to accuracy). One exception to this is perhaps AA mod, which could be quite useful too, when sniping 30km away at the map border all by yourself and getting singled out by a CV... IF you happen to have a CV in the game, that is.:Smile_Default:

All that said... UNLESS of course, you are an utter fool such as myself, who would still attempts to figure out how to make her perform in somewhat closer-quarter combat, but alas WG ship design is decidedly against this kind of ambition (still doing it tho)... :Smile_sad::Smile-angry::cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,705 posts
20,674 battles
12 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

cancelled out? wut?

I guess only a Donald could come up with that kind of idea... :Smile_trollface:

Because 7-7=0 :Smile_hiding:

Players
1,565 posts
10,242 battles
28 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Quick question.

With the YLU selected, I receive -7% dispersion improvement.  I already have AMS selected in module slot 2 which also gives -7% dispersion improvement.  Does this mean I get a total of -14% dispersion improvement or is on cancelled out by the other?  

I'm asking because I'm considering going for the secondary battery modification in slot 2 instead now that I have the YLU.  

Any thoughts?

Go brawl my man.

Respect.

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,678 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

7 hours ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Quick question.

Any thoughts?

For all similar cases you simply go to "WoWs Fitting Tool" and check everything out - highly recommended!

https://wowsft.com/

BTW, here is direct link for Yamato:

https://wowsft.com/WarshipStats?nation=japan&shipType=Battleship&ship=Yamato&moduleN=1111&upgradeN=110121&commander=default&s0=PCY001_CrashCrew_B_Japan&s1=PCY002_RegenCrew_B&s2=PCY005_Spotter_PJY007_Kawanishi_E15K1_Battleship_7

Default MAX dispersion: 275.0 m

275.0 m Default MAX dispersion with "Aiming System Modification 1" (Slot #3): 255.8 m (-19.2)

Default MAX dispersion with "Enhanced Main Battery Guns" (Slot #6 = "Legendary Upgrade"): 255.8 m (-19.2)

Default MAX dispersion with "Aiming System Modification 1" (Slot #3) and "Enhanced Main Battery Guns" (Slot #6 = "Legendary Upgrade"): 237.8 m (-37.2)

Please note that 19.2 + 19.2 = 38,4 - so there must be some rounding up on "WoWs Fitting Tool" WWW site!

Edit:

It is multiplier and not addition - thanks to Forumites who helped with my misunderstanding!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 6

[HEATH]
Players
175 posts
15,740 battles

One time, got rushed by a GK in my Yamato, i was low HP  and under focused fire, i  was  about to die anyway so i  wanted to try to ramm the GK but failed.

To my surprise, my secondaries ( i dont have any secondaries build) put 4 fires on GK, and got me an Witherer achivment :Smile_medal:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,752 posts
7,249 battles
4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Default MAX dispersion: 275.0 m

275.0 m Default MAX dispersion with "Aiming System Modification 1" (Slot #3): 255.8 m (-19.2)

Default MAX dispersion with "Enhanced Main Battery Guns" (Slot #6 = "Legendary Upgrade"): 255.8 m (-19.2)

Default MAX dispersion with "Aiming System Modification 1" (Slot #3) and "Enhanced Main Battery Guns" (Slot #6 = "Legendary Upgrade"): 237.8 m (-37.2)

Please note that 19.2 + 19.2 = 38,4 - so there must be some rounding up on "WoWs Fitting Tool" WWW site!

275 * 0.93 * 0.93 gives 237.8m.

They don't stack additionally, it's a multiplier. Exactly like how CE+concealment module works.

And the whole point of that LM is to stack it with the normal -7% to make Yamato extra accurate.

Also, -7 - 7 = -14, please don't fail at basic maths, it's embarrassing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,810 posts
4,221 battles
Just now, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Looks more like they stack multiplicatively rather than additively.

275*0.93*0.93 = 237.8

• Cool 1

Players
101 posts
3,283 battles
1 ora fa, RAHJAILARI ha scritto:

Well, unfortunately Yamato has been designed as a dedicated "Sniper BB" from the start. Including the only still above-waterline citadel perfectly positioned to discourage any attempt at approaching to close range and brawling. So I'd say that conventional wisdom would preclude any secondary setup for her or at the least make it pointless. Any and all modules / upgrades which increase or stack up to improve accuracy, range or reload speed are recommendable though (yeah they stack up BTW, by taking both you can get 14% buff to accuracy). One exception to this is perhaps AA mod, which could also be quite useful too, when sniping 30km away at the map border all by yourself and getting singled out by a CV... IF you happen to have a CV in the game, that is.:Smile_Default:

All that said... UNLESS of course, you are an utter fool such as myself, who would still attempts to figure out how to make her perform in somewhat closer-quarter combat, but alas WG ship design is decidedly against this kind of ambition (still doing it tho)... :Smile_sad::Smile-angry::cap_haloween:

For me they were wrong to build it with a citadel so exposed.
Because of this criterion the ship is too frail and therefore becomes difficult to use.
Also because if you go to see the information on the yamato (the real one) you can understand how that ship in truth could fight even at medium distances without suffering significant damage, this thanks to a very resistant armor and a virtually impenetrable citadel.
I do not understand this thought of the "sniping ship" to be used only by exaggerated distances.
I know that the game itself does not exactly follow the ships as they were in reality (otherwise some would be really unsinkable), but distorting so the main feature of this ship is not a good thing indeed.
In my opinion, they should improve it from the point of view of resistance.
What do you think about it ?

As for the main battery I do not have much to say: huge damage at every stroke, a high range of action, we must be careful to aim and "slight" dispersion in my opinion that on long distances you can cheat.

I apologize if there is any possible grammatical error but I am not English and I have used a translator
  • Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,810 posts
4,221 battles
5 minutes ago, CapitanHarlock98 said:

I apologize if there is any possible grammatical error but I am not English and I have used a translator

And that's just fine, but be nice to other people's eyes and please use right click -> "paste as plain text" (or your localized equivalent) when you do so. Because regular ctrl-v messes up the forum formatting (and overrides the default text colours, which in this case makes it unreadable on dark forum themes).

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,678 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

They don't stack additionally, it's a multiplier. Exactly like how CE+concealment module works.

And the whole point of that LM is to stack it with the normal -7% to make Yamato extra accurate.

1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Looks more like they stack multiplicatively rather than additively.

275*0.93*0.93 = 237.8

OK - multipliers - no addition!

Leo "Apollo11"

[XTREM]
Players
130 posts
7,852 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

Thanks.

On the maths point, it is actually -7 plus -7 = -14.  If it was -7 minus -7 the answer would be zero.

On being cancelled out, the point I was asking was that with an existing -7 does that feature of the legendary upgrade not apply because of it already applying on the existing module.  Anyway - happy to see that the effects are stacked. 

As always, the helpful responses are appreciated and the rest are just chaff. 

[XTREM]
Players
130 posts
7,852 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Because 7-7=0 :Smile_hiding:

correct but my question was -7 + - 7 with the answer being -14.  Carry on.  

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Lel wut!?

Surely OP could just look at the info in game and it'll update to the new dispersion value?

I'm about 30k base XP from the upgrade. Pretty keen to witness it's power, hopefully it'll live up to the hype!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

I personally avoid playing that sniping style with Yamato. 

My goal in Yamato is always to find position as close as possible in a way that my flanks are safe and I am not targeted by too many ships at the same time.

Also, keep in mind that with Legendary module you lose 6% of your main battery reload speed, which is 2 seconds in reality(26s to 28s).

Players
101 posts
3,283 battles
2 ore fa, Uglesett ha scritto:

And that's just fine, but be nice to other people's eyes and please use right click -> "paste as plain text" (or your localized equivalent) when you do so. Because regular ctrl-v messes up the forum formatting (and overrides the default text colours, which in this case makes it unreadable on dark forum themes).

Ok sorry 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,752 posts
7,249 battles
22 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

My goal in Yamato is always to find position as close as possible in a way that my flanks are safe and I am not targeted by too many ships at the same time.

Also, keep in mind that with Legendary module you lose 6% of your main battery reload speed, which is 2 seconds in reality(26s to 28s).

The reload drawback is actually not important if the LU allows you to do more damage per salvo reliably. And from what I've seen, it does.

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
107 posts
8,803 battles
26 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

If i am not mistaken as it was always like this and even wiki show it same - -6% to main battery loading time. So i fact LM buffs your dispersion and reload, sacrificing traverse, which will be with recent update same as on old yamato - bearable.

Beta Tester
2,447 posts
6,683 battles
3 minutes ago, Kpt_Silas said:

If i am not mistaken as it was always like this and even wiki show it same - -6% to main battery loading time. So i fact LM buffs your dispersion and reload, sacrificing traverse, which will be with recent update same as on old yamato - bearable.

Well if you use Yamamoto on Yammy, it becomes a bit more than bearable, and since you use the ship between medium/max range, well the traverse is not that big of a thing. :cap_yes:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
11 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

The sniping thing isn't the only thing Yam can do no. By all means take pot shots at the start but getting closer means the Yam dispersion is even better...

I'm finding Yam is easier to use in Ranked than Random Battles as your citadel is easier to protect vs fewer BB.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
42 minutes ago, Kpt_Silas said:

With normal reload module you get -12% reload, so by using LM instead(-6% reload), you get 6% slower reload than you would with normal reload module.

So in reality LM does not buff any reload from normal, it nerfs it compared to regular reload module. In short, you are giving up 6% reload (2s) by taking LM.

You have to keep in mind that you are giving up reload module to use LM.

[N0RSE]
Players
1,745 posts

I rushed a Yamato with my Moskva. He's main turrets could not keep up and he was shooting HE, but the secondaries hit me for 40k dmg. 18 hits. The AP secondaries are nasty against broadside cruisers at close range. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
52 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

The reload drawback is actually not important if the LU allows you to do more damage per salvo reliably. And from what I've seen, it does.

I have heard the opposite opinions about that one. People regretting getting LM.

I personally am not going to get it at least any time soon.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,678 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

I am at "Stage #3" with my "Yamato" grind for the "Legendary Upgrade"... it would take some time... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"