Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warhawk1984

Supercontaner odds

38 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
3,072 battles

what are the odds of a super container? and how much does random improve improve the chance by? i mean im sure its something like 100-1 odds if the random takes it to 99-1 it really is not worth it at all

also is it even possible to get a resource (coal,steel) super container

please no guess work in fact if a WG employee could give hard stats that would be nice

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,429 posts

There are coal SCs with 15.000 coal.

There are steel SCs with 1.500 steel.

The probabilities have never actually been communicated to us. Any answer in that regard is guesswork.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,402 posts
8,795 battles

I don't think I've ever seen odds published for this sort of thing (ditto WOT too); it's slightly curious too - in a recent thing in WOWS Blitz, the containers did include odds...

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
3 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

what are the odds of a super container? and how much does random improve improve the chance by? i mean im sure its something like 100-1 odds if the random takes it to 99-1 it really is not worth it at all

also is it even possible to get a resource (coal,steel) super container

please no guess work in fact if a WG employee could give hard stats that would be nice

Only god and the the devs know the real answer to that.

Is the game released in Mainland China???

In China there is a gambing law where game developer have to give the exact chances on everything that drops in loot boxes.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,830 posts
6,999 battles

The odds of getting a SC ?

Terrible is the most accurate answer i can give.

And when you finally get one its probably 100 flags you do not want.

• Cool 2

Players
257 posts
3,072 battles

just ive seen one of my friends open 3 containers just now and got 2 super containers, having a line that says you have better chance of getting a SC on random choice is all well and good but even scratch cards need to display actual odds of "winning"

me my self i have so far had 4 sc since i started playing the game so thats like 500-1 for me my buddy just got 2 as i said taking his total to 7 in 300 thats more like 44-1 games thats a massive discrepancy with random luck,  could it be the 6 months premium he just brought some how boasted his odds dramatically?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,789 posts
8,962 battles

While the base chance isn't nailed down, it seems to be around 1,5-2,5% for regular containers and twice that (3-5%) for TYL containers.

Based on some limited studies by players.

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,700 posts
20,569 battles

If I remember well, the estimated chance was 2% for Try Your Luck, and 1% for the others.

[DAVY]
Players
1,933 posts
10,717 battles

had the 15k coal container twice now, one was a random SC the other the reward SC from the anniversary campaign...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Afaik all TYL does is roll again when the dice appear.

As the SC that spawn straight away are via pure luck for any container and the ones that spawn after TYL dice appear is a result of taking the extra RNG chance.

Within the SC odds I think the vast majority are flags. The chances of a Premium Ship are something like 1% of all SC. Someone found a breakdown when containers first came out.

All I want from them is Steel but I'd have to get stupidly lucky to win enough for a Stalingrad as I'm 13k short!!!

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

Very rough estimate from my side, not at all backed up with hard numbers and all gut feeling in my case once every 40-50. I alterate the picks: credits, flags, cons, coal, tyl a.s.o. save about 20 and do an opening round when I need some cheering after a disastrous session...:Smile_teethhappy:

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,975 battles

There was a whine thread on the NA forums about Stalingrad and how accessible it was and during this (since steel can come from Supercontainers) Little White Mouse stated "Supercontainer drop rates are 1.5% for most container choices and 3% for Try Your Luck versions." She's a Community Contributor rather than WG Employee, but she is inclined to analysis rather than guess work so I think she's probably right.

[THESO]
Players
583 posts
10,811 battles

LWM stated on multiple occasions the chances ar 1.5% for normal containers and 3% for TYL. If you are not looking for anything particular or urgently, TYL is worth it. I would however not play them if you are hoping for a ship. The chances for a ship are 1% given you get a SC, so unconditional the probability is 0.03 * 0.01 = 0.0003. So if you had one TYL-container daily for a whole year, 365 in total, the chance of getting a ship are 90%. If you take 365 ressource containers, you have 146k coal after a year. So with a coupon you can get a Musashi or whatever ship equivalent to 750k FXP is in the arsenal at that time, guaranteed, no gambling.

So you cannot be certain about TYL rewards. But one thing seems obvious to me. They removed the ship upgrades from the TYL containers and put in coal instead. I doubt they messed with the probabilities there. So I assume coal is as likely to drop from a SC as once upgrades did. You get 12k-15k coal from a super container now, but upgrades cost 17k coal, so at least here you get less value than before.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,818 posts
3,634 battles
1 hour ago, Johmie said:

There was a whine thread on the NA forums about Stalingrad and how accessible it was and during this (since steel can come from Supercontainers) Little White Mouse stated "Supercontainer drop rates are 1.5% for most container choices and 3% for Try Your Luck versions." She's a Community Contributor rather than WG Employee, but she is inclined to analysis rather than guess work so I think she's probably right.

To be fair, as much as I like LWM, she has been mistaken before. Don't think there are any actual hard figures available on this, but it's all speculation..

[THESO]
Players
583 posts
10,811 battles
43 minutes ago, lafeel said:

To be fair, as much as I like LWM, she has been mistaken before. Don't think there are any actual hard figures available on this, but it's all speculation..

LWM not only had stated that it is 1.5% and 3% but that it was buffed from originally 1% and 2%. I would call that a vivid imagination if it is not fact or a small piece of leaked info. Where exactly has LWM been mistaken? Just being curious.

I am not saying that it must be right. But to me it seems reasonable that a community contributor with a good rapport to WG might squeeze some numbers out that we don't get to read normally. It is not a number that by itself allows you to make an educated guess about what container is the best value or how to play the system.

Players
132 posts
7,681 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

LWM stated on multiple occasions the chances ar 1.5% for normal containers and 3% for TYL. If you are not looking for anything particular or urgently, TYL is worth it. I would however not play them if you are hoping for a ship. The chances for a ship are 1% given you get a SC, so unconditional the probability is 0.03 * 0.01 = 0.0003. So if you had one TYL-container daily for a whole year, 365 in total, the chance of getting a ship are 90%. If you take 365 ressource containers, you have 146k coal after a year. So with a coupon you can get a Musashi or whatever ship equivalent to 750k FXP is in the arsenal at that time, guaranteed, no gambling.

So you cannot be certain about TYL rewards. But one thing seems obvious to me. They removed the ship upgrades from the TYL containers and put in coal instead. I doubt they messed with the probabilities there. So I assume coal is as likely to drop from a SC as once upgrades did. You get 12k-15k coal from a super container now, but upgrades cost 17k coal, so at least here you get less value than before.

90%? I think you meant 9%.

1 TYL container *365days gives around 11 SC per year assuming 3% SC drop rate

11 SC gives around 10% chance of getting a ship assuming 1% ship drop rate per SC

I would much rather get 12-15k coal, then use a -25% discount coupon to get a special upgrade that I actually need rather than a useless AA/Smoke/Spotter plane modules I will probably never use.

Apart from that resource containers do seem pretty nice if you're after ships

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles

After 6 months I finally got a SC.

100 victor limas .... yeeey.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

[H_FAN]
Players
2,247 posts
31,244 battles
5 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Less value is debatable as it might be only 1 upgrade f.e. radar you look for as there are so many worthless. The seemingly less value is for me no problem if you can choose what upgrade you want, I have huge numbers of spotting aircrafts mod that I never want to use.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
2,988 posts
18,247 battles

Got krispy kream in a sc like 2 weeks or so ago and some 15k coal the same day :cap_yes:

Players
294 posts

For 4 weeks I tried to get a super container from "try your luck"-option and nothing. The second non-tryUrluck container I get was a supercontaner. Its been about 4 weeks and i have gotten 5 SCs after I stopped trying.

Ive gotten 1500 steel, 50x gamescom camos, 100x +1% fire chance flag , +100 exp flag and 50k freexp.

I only felt lucky when I stopped trying :D

[COMFY]
Players
582 posts
1,475 battles

Play a flamu rant when you do get some?

heard that there is this meme going on, so tried it. got 2500 doubloon as a result.

Sign in to follow this