You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shoot_Him_____

Unfairly Banned: Contractual Battles

218 comments in this topic

Players
53 posts
16,990 battles

The original post was closed but I think you deserve to know the response I had.

They have banned me because I clicked in (even though I didn't).  This is apparently 'rigging' the game.  It breaks the rules if you are in a ranked battle with another same clan member,  whether your in the same team or not.  As you are aware, we always come across this and I hope that they punish them like they punished me.  However, if it happens randomly that's OK, or not in my case.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles

So .. banned for a well known exploit in the game that still has not been "fixed", despite that topic has been brought up countlessly  in the community? 

Really WG ... I mean ... really?!?!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Cool 3

[POP]
Players
448 posts
9,645 battles

It's a big issue if people might get banned if clan members end up in the same match.

• Cool 4

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
10 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

The original post was closed but I think you deserve to know the response I had.

They have banned me because I clicked in (even though I didn't).  This is apparently 'rigging' the game.  It breaks the rules if you are in a ranked battle with another same clan member,  whether your in the same team or not.  As you are aware, we always come across this and I hope that they punish them like they punished me.  However, if it happens randomly that's OK, or not in my case.

Seems like it still only takes one little snowflake to be offended...

giphy.gif

This is one of the ocations when I hate to be right, well half right.

@Crysantos

This needs fixing!

5 minutes ago, Profilus said:

So @MrConway has lied to us, telling its ok to even count into battles with friends/clanmates?

Not the first time but I doubt he knew (this time), he's only a the community Hanswurst after all

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,913 battles
1 minute ago, Altsak said:

It's a big issue if people might get banned if clan members end up in the same match.

Yep. 2 of my clan members are in a rank game right at this moment at the same side. 1 is in discord the other isn't. So they for sure didn't count in.

• Cool 1

Players
53 posts
16,990 battles

Sure it happens all the time.  So I will be sending in replays of every battle I see more than one clan member in a ranked game.  And I hope they punish them like they punished me.

• Bad 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
Just now, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Sure it happens all the time.  So I will be sending in replays of every battle I see more than one clan member in a ranked game.  And I hope they punish them like they punished me.

That is excatly the wrong way to handle this

• Cool 2

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Mods are already summoned to this thread. Just wait and see what they say. If nothing happens, then we make a fuss.

And you can't do sh*t anyway till September the 3rd.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,913 battles
3 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

What do you suggest ?

Umm, don't be an a**? You know it well how it feels when you get punished for this.

• Cool 2

Players
53 posts
16,990 battles
1 minute ago, Profilus said:

Umm, don't be an a**? You know it well how it feels when you get punished for this.

It's to make a point, not to get people banned.

• Bad 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,913 battles
1 minute ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

It's to make a point, not to get people banned.

You can't make a point thru Customer Service.

Players
53 posts
16,990 battles

They did reduce my ban to 3 days because I had a clean history of playing the game.  I still think it was unfair to punish a loyal customer.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,077 posts
21,913 battles
20 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

I still think it was unfair to punish a loyal customer.

Being loyal customer has nothing to do with it. Being punished for what you did(n't) is unfair and nonsense.

• Cool 4

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,446 posts

Mmmh...

On 3/27/2018 at 6:56 PM, MrConway said:

This rule is directed at clan battles more than random battles.

Counting down into battle to play each other is fine as long as everyone keeps playing normally and doesn't try to "feed" or avoid shooting at clan mates on the opposing team.

@MrConway @Crysantos

If you change how this is handled, wouldn't it be nice to communicate it to us properly?

• Cool 4

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
25 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

I still think it was unfair to punish a loyal customer.

Welcome to Capitalism.

As "loyal customer" you're the first one who gets shafted.

I once was stupid enough to invest 30€ in this game, never ever again.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,448 posts
8,914 battles

I don't recall seeing any notices posted anywhere about 'counting in' not being permitted for Ranked, but I could have not been paying enough attention, as it's not something that impacts me personally?

If the usual 'counting in is fine' policy has been changed, it would have been sensible of WG to broadcast such a change widely. Besides which, any such change is asking for trouble - I would imagine the larger (by membership) clans are quite likely to have more than one member in games quite a bit...?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Besides which, any such change is asking for trouble - I would imagine the larger (by membership) clans are quite likely to have more than one member in games quite a bit...?

It happens with our clan on a regular basis, we frequently find ourselves in battle with other clan members by pure chance.

Now I am feeling hesitant about playing ranked in case I get into the same battle as another clan member and get banned as a result.

Surely we should have an official statement on this sooner rather than later?

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,812 posts
12,610 battles
22 hours ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Sad to see that this is what you took from this encounter and a disturbing distortion of what I told you.

To quote myself from the other thread: Let me please highlight in general that there is a reason why we don't allow divisions in ranked. Be a sportsman, don't try to count in to have an advantage over others or use clan members to increase your chances of winning in an unfair way. We don't simply ban on a whim because someone from the same clan happens to be in the same battle accidentally or by pure chance. If we have clear proof that you're doing it to gain an advantage, we do take this seriously. In most cases this is no problem and you can be sure that if we ban, there is a reason for it.

I will bring this topic up internally to have clear understanding on everybody's side and make sure our CS is globally aligned on this - but this here isn't a topic about randoms, where people count in and afaik MrConway's quote didn't refer to ranked battles. If you want to play with friends, play clan battles, play divisions in randoms - try to keep ranked as fair as possible.

Update:

I clarified this internally and our official stance is that unless players try to rig the battle by not playing properly, we don't see this counting into a battle as an exploit of game mechanics. We'll also make sure that our entire CS department is aware of this stance to avoid any future incidents like this and this policy should be stated on our CS portal in the future - give us a bit of time to put it there.

I'm sorry that this incident created confusion and apologize on behalf of the WoWs team. On the positive side I hope this will clarify this for all future incidents and be easily accessible information for any player, who is wondering about this aspect.

Greetings, Crysantos

Greetings, Crysantos

Edited by Crysantos
  • Cool 7
  • Bad 4

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
17,433 battles
6 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Sad to see that this is what you took from this encounter and a disturbing distortion of what I told you.

To quote myself from the other thread: Let me please highlight in general that there is a reason why we don't allow divisions in ranked. Be a sportsman, don't try to count in to have an advantage over others or use clan members to increase your chances of winning in an unfair way. We don't simply ban on a whim because someone from the same clan happens to be in the same battle accidentally or by pure chance. If we have clear proof that you're doing it to gain an advantage, we do take this seriously. In most cases this is no problem and you can be sure that if we ban, there is a reason for it.

I will bring this topic up internally to have clear understanding on everybody's side and make sure our CS is globally aligned on this - but this here isn't a topic about randoms, where people count in and afaik MrConway's quote didn't refer to ranked battles. If you want to play with friends, play clan battles, play divisions in randoms - try to keep ranked as fair as possible.

Greetings, Crysantos

Wow... As ever @Crysantos goes defensive blames the player NOT the complete and utter lack of communication from WG on this matter... best thing Crysantos is to say nothing and do nothing until you have a firm decision from someone with more poke than you........

As an aside @xxNihilanxx change your patch please... have you forgotten that Dasha is the Clan Mascot !

• Cool 1

[OMNI]
Players
297 posts
11,027 battles

Finally. I thought that day would never come. Its nice to see if the situation is clear that actions are taken. 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,448 posts
8,914 battles
6 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Now I am feeling hesitant about playing ranked in case I get into the same battle as another clan member and get banned as a result.

I suspect you aren't the only one - Ranked is damned annoying at the best of times, and if there is a risk (however small) of getting banned just because one got unlucky, it wouldn't surprise me if the mode was killed stone dead as a result - if enough people got wind of this...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
13 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings, Crysantos

We have asked about this specifically in the past and have been reassured that it was totally fine. Despite searching I cannot find the quote right now but I do know it has been covered several times.

When was the policy changed and, more importantly, when was it communicated to the playerbase?

Edit: How do you determine when two players from the same clan end up in the same ranked battle deliberately versus accidentally? Do you profess to have mind-reading equipment now? Is it finally time to get the tin-foil hats out for real?

• Cool 10

[DC_DK]
Players
2,728 posts
27,960 battles

Okay no more ranked for me this season...Don't want to take the risk of being banned if I randomly gets in a battle with a fellow clan member.... Simply not worth the risk sorry.

• Cool 1