Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
COBRA_DOGX

cv's in ranked

25 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Beta Tester
20 posts
9,326 battles

Why have cv's been allowed to play in ranked battles when they are not in clan? Plain *edit , spoils the game totally

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Bad 7

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

When in queue and you see one CV or more in the MM pot you press Escape and wait a few mins.

Problem solved then. I've literally seen under 5 CV games across hundreds of Ranked battles with the above method. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ITA_C]
Players
307 posts
8,967 battles
6 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

I think OP is asking why CV in ranked and not in clan battles.

And not why non-clan-CV are allowed in rankend battles.

We can just guess , please op explain yourself a bit better

Players
1,373 posts
6 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

I think OP is asking why CV in ranked and not in clan battles.

And not why non-clan-CV are allowed in rankend battles.

"Hello dear forumites,

in clanbattles the CV class is not allowed for balance reasons yet in ranked it is allowed despite the imbalance it brings. This seems odd to me and I would like to know the reasoning behind the decision to include CVs in ranked. 

Thank you."

There @OP.  

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
19 posts
9,037 battles
14 minutes ago, COBRA_DOGX said:

Well me being me, its the way i worded it but yes, this is exactly what i mean

Then if that is the case my answer is Yes.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,234 posts
336 battles
29 minutes ago, Kiagy said:

CV's 100% unbalance ranked battles, the OP is correct, they should be banned from ranked as they are banned in Clan Battles

ltp?

Players
1,009 posts
6,188 battles

So you want to ban CV players from ranked, these same guys who are already banned from clan battles?

If WG does this, no need of a CV rework, there will be no CV players remaining at all.

I'm fine with CVs in ranked.

I'm not fine with 30% WR CV that keep playing CV though, but that's another story. 

Players
209 posts
8,505 battles

I dont really see why its such a massive problem, cvs are rare in t8 ranked and even more rare in t10 ranked. With ships like the Wooster being rather popular and the fleet mentality that is in ranked. I wont deny that a good cv player will dominate, last season I started from r19 and got to r10 in under 25 games in the skokaku, with 82% wr. The main reason why there are no cvs in CW is because of the massive inbalance between clan with a good player and one without. Even then, playing tx cvs is a completely different game from t8 and bellow

[ITA_C]
Players
307 posts
8,967 battles

For a cv is a lot easier to perform good in a battle if his team play well meanwhile if the team perform shitty cv will be in real truble this is still a team game also with cv involved, your beliving in an imbalance caused by cv is wrong but is also a lot popular cuz is a lot easier to blame the cv .

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,216 posts
6,518 battles

Ranked is mirror MM. So if they get a CV, so do you.

Clan battles is not. So you could have 7 DD vs 7CA if you wanted. It was obviously felt that a clan having a CV would have an advantage over one that didn't.

I guess they thought that by excluding CV they would stop the complaining of clans who didn't have a CV captain, or not a good one. Instead they now have the complaining of "you excluded them from this, why not exclude them from everything"

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,422 battles

Have to say that I have quite enjoyed the change of game experience that having a CV in ranked makes to all the other battles - 3 so far in roughly 40 games for this season, so <10%. It is amazing the amount of co-operation it forces on the rest of the team, players remember that fingers are not just for WASD'ing and tapping 1/2/3 buttons.

(without the CV it is just like playing clan wars, but without the coordination/communication).

• Cool 2

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

I would love to see more Carrier in general... All my AA Crews are like...

tenor.gif?itemid=5370934

• Funny 3

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,545 posts
16,696 battles
33 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

All my AA Crews are like

Well, you know what they say. War is 10% action and 90% boredom. WoWs is just trying for realism here. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,149 battles

Cvs are in ranked because they are a class that people play. It was enough banning them from cb. Can't wait to meet you in my midway sir :) 

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Well, you know what they say. War is 10% action and 90% boredom. WoWs is just trying for realism here. :Smile_trollface:

Well, back in my days when I was in Kosovo, removing all the "mineral resources" the serbs burrowed there, we never got bored.

But thats maybe because we were the real army?!?

:cat_bubble:

Players
4,500 posts
8,202 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You need to talk to my former superior then. Every time I tried to balance action & boredom to your mentioned scale (usualy by sleeping in the craziest places) - I got yelled at.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

Well, back in my days when I was in Kosovo, removing all the "mineral resources" the serbs burrowed there, we never got bored.

Now it gets interesting. KFOR Bundeswehr eh. sounds familiar...

• Funny 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Now it gets interesting. KFOR Bundeswehr eh. sounds familiar...

fcPSfwK.gif

• Funny 2

[JRM]
Players
2,976 posts
18,246 battles

Oh u mean like the imballance that happend to an enemy midways team after I hunted him down the other day in my henry and left his team without their cv (after i murdered his flanking dd and cruiser) - oh wait... :cap_yes:

Point is not in me beeing espetially capable but cv beeing just as team dependent (if not more) then any other class, if you get "tato team" you re f**ked in any class (cv beeing a part of any) the unbalance you percieve is not the unballance of cv as such but the fact that there is always one per side and everyone looks at them and see all the f**kups so they get blaimed, often unjustified...

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,348 battles

And here I am the only person in the thread or in the game that can say if it was not for the CVs existence I will have deleted the game long ago

Sign in to follow this