Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MortenTardo

Shimakaze has guns!?

28 comments in this topic

[N0RSE]
Players
1,745 posts

So, since i have not seen a single Shima use their guns today, (and there are plenty of Shimas around) i will just like to be a good forumite and inform people that the Shimakaze infact have guns! I know right! Wow! You don't have to torp a Gearing with 900HP. You can just shoot him! Free kill for you! 

And maybe just YOU using your guns can turn the game. Think about it.

Free tip! 

shimakaze.jpg.3c90731afa69b19f98494aa1d8d0d89f.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 12

[NWP]
Players
6,594 posts
7,498 battles

Makes you wonder when you see Mutsukis using their 2 peashooters and then you have shimas who are like "Guns? Can i use them as torplaunchers maybe?" :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,321 posts
8,597 battles

I could also add that caps aren't made out of Shimakaze repellent material :Smile_trollface:

And maybe just YOU capping can turn the game. Think about it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[POI--]
Players
5,939 posts
7,236 battles

I guess I'll blame it on you then that I met Shimas today that thought it wise to pick gun duels with my Hindenburg...

• Funny 2

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Makes you wonder when you see Mutsukis using their 2 peashooters and then you have shimas who are like "Guns? Can i use them as torplaunchers maybe?" :cap_haloween:

Somewhere around the Kagerou it seems that they somehow have disabled the use of their 1 and 2 keys....

• Cool 1

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

I use the guns of my japanese torpedo destroyers in most game where i got in fighting range to other desroyers, and i often kill them with my guns!

But sometimes it is better to run and don't fire as i don't want to be spotted when i am out of my dectection range, so its situational.

Players should not forget that these jap DD have 6 guns which can hit another DD hard, their reload rate is slow but if you have the first shot and aim good the enemy has a problem.

Its a good feeling when my asashio shoots a benson out of the water, they don't expect it beeing shot from jap torp boats.

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

I take it you are not having a great time in Ranked @MortenTardo :Smile_playing:

I have noticed a similar pattern, I can already recollect a numerous amount of victories getting thrown out the window purely thanks to our lovely Nippon garbage barge captains. 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
3,097 posts
18,357 battles

Top tip :cap_like: however some discretion is advised by viewers - ie if you try to shoot a henri IV that might end up him using the reload booster and vaporizing you :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles

Actually Shima guns are not that innocent. Had one rekt me pretty well in my Gearing. Sure a Montana shaved half of my HP with one shell, but I really had to run for it.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,187 posts
13,994 battles

Move along people, nothing to see or read here. OP is clearly a potato, suggesting you to use your Shima guns. ( potatoness is proven by the lack of camo on the shima :cap_cool:)

• Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles
45 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Move along people, nothing to see or read here. OP is clearly a potato, suggesting you to use your Shima guns. ( potatoness is proven by the lack of camo on the shima :cap_cool:)

You rly dont need camo when torping from 20km.... doh! ... saves you 22k silver!

• Funny 3

[WCWVE]
Players
908 posts
14,741 battles

We are well aware that the Shimakaze has guns, but the torpedoes are so much more useful and have such a long range compared to the guns that it is more convenient to use the torpedoes in most scenarios

Shimakaze 1 27.08.18.png

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,858 posts
17,294 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Actually Shima guns are not that innocent. Had one rekt me pretty well in my Gearing. Sure a Montana shaved half of my HP with one shell, but I really had to run for it.

this

Stern facing the enemy at 7+ KM A Shima Can equal A Gearing and has a real chance of winning any gun fight

• Cool 4

[ONE2]
Players
2,934 posts
17,547 battles
11 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

So, since i have not seen a single Shima use their guns today, (and there are plenty of Shimas around) i will just like to be a good forumite and inform people that the Shimakaze infact have guns! I know right! Wow! You don't have to torp a Gearing with 900HP. You can just shoot him! Free kill for you! 

And maybe just YOU using your guns can turn the game. Think about it.

Free tip!

Yeah, I have seen Shimas persistently NOT using them even when in a knife fight with an enemy DD and clearly visible (within a couple of km of their opponent), still obstinately trying to torp them, failing and then waiting for reloads while running. Have no idea what that is all about anyways... The guns are actually quite decent, even if they have a slow reload and bad turret traverse. :cap_hmm:

On the other hand, I also saw a Fubuki yesterday opening fire and trying to gun down a full health Emile Bertin from something like 10+km away (gunboat build??) while not launching any torps all game (yeah, I'm sure - He did that right in front of me almost immediately when first enemy, The Emile, was spotted and so got himself killed within the first couple of minutes or so). I guess we have all sorts then. :cap_wander:

11 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

I could also add that caps aren't made out of Shimakaze repellent material :Smile_trollface:

Oh yes, apparently they are... My only tier 10 Dd is Shima and I always find that the friendly Cruisers behind me seem to be utterly taken by surprise, when I head for the caps first. You get some priceless & hilarious commentary thadda-way (and quite often the cap too). Totally worth it. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
3,097 posts
18,357 battles

Shima drivers should have finished the honour campaign and got shinonome by the time they start playing shima, one basically linearly upscale of the other in all departements alas...

Players
2,982 posts
14,246 battles

Yesterday night I outgunned a Gearing in ranked.

He went in my cap just the last second. Hilarious!

Our torps missed each other, but I was able to deliver more damage with my rear guns at 5 - 6 km distance than he with his front guns. :cap_wander: So I survived with some 3k HP.

My team was really excited. :cap_haloween:

Players
1,387 posts
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

We are well aware that the Shimakaze has guns, but the torpedoes are so much more useful and have such a long range compared to the guns that it is more convenient to use the torpedoes in most scenarios

Do I smell 20 km torps?

• Funny 2

[KAKE]
Players
1,813 posts
4,228 battles

I once solo killed a Hsienyang with the Asashio at half health. He insisted on chasing me, and I kept pummeling him with the two rear turrets while dodging his more floaty shells. The guns on the "torpedo" line may be slow to turn and slow to fire, but they handle well. They've got good arcs, are fairly easy to hit with and the shells hurt. Don't get too close, and you can often deal a surprising amount of damage to other DDs while avoiding a lot of return fire.

[WCWVE]
Players
908 posts
14,741 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Do I smell 20 km torps?

Yes you do smell 20 kilometre torpedoes, DD's are supposed to spot as well as contest caps and deal out damage 

[N0RSE]
Players
1,745 posts
9 hours ago, OttoZander said:

I take it you are not having a great time in Ranked @MortenTardo :Smile_playing:

I have noticed a similar pattern, I can already recollect a numerous amount of victories getting thrown out the window purely thanks to our lovely Nippon garbage barge captains. 

No. Randoms. Have not started properly with ranked yet.

I have however seen that there are so many Shimas in ranked. Why? What? Why? 

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
15 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Shimakaze infact have guns! I know right! Wow! You don't have to torp a Gearing with 900HP. You can just shoot him!

e75.jpg

• Funny 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Weekend Tester
992 posts
5,600 battles

When you are in your Conqueror on 2k hp against the enemy DD and you just wait for them to shoot at you so you can press zombie heal and laugh with your 40k fresh hp while you instagib them.

[ONE2]
Players
2,934 posts
17,547 battles
36 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

I have however seen that there are so many Shimas in ranked. Why? What? Why? 

DOH!... :cap_hmm::Smile_great: Because if you're not doing too well in Randoms, totally make sense that it would go so much better in Ranked? :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

success.jpg.78e6be1b91087ba853ce6d23257f65ee.jpg

THEN REPEAT...:cap_like:

• Funny 1