Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

PSA: Rental Tirpitz / Scharnhorst marketing mail drive underway

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,109 posts
15,331 battles

Hi,

 

by way of a small public service announcement, don't be alarmed if you come across especially, shall we say, inexperienced players in the German Tier VII and VIII BBs the next few days. Apparently, Wargaming is renting these for ten days to players who haven't logged on to the game in several months at least, inviting them via Email to come back. This means that players at Account Level 3, who have only ever gained a total of 2000 XP, can do Tier VII and VIII in Random battles, although I don't think players with quite that little experience are thrown in with the general population. Then again, as soon as they have gained a total of 97,000 XP and thus attained Account Level 14, they may crop up in Ranked, and I don't think they have protected MM there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

I guess one would hardly ever meet such a player. And even if this happens from time to time... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Hi,

 

by way of a small public service announcement, don't be alarmed if you come across especially, shall we say, inexperienced players in the German Tier VII and VIII BBs the next few days. Apparently, Wargaming is renting these for ten days to players who haven't logged on to the game in several months at least, inviting them via Email to come back. This means that players at Account Level 3, who have only ever gained a total of 2000 XP, can do Tier VII and VIII in Random battles, although I don't think players with quite that little experience are thrown in with the general population. Then again, as soon as they have gained a total of 97,000 XP and thus attained Account Level 14, they may crop up in Ranked, and I don't think they have protected MM there.

 

tumblr_okkorv0l6b1r2pp2to1_250.gif

 

Lucky me I'm already past Rank 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

I guess one would hardly ever meet such a player. And even if this happens from time to time... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

As an individual its ofc very unlikely to meet one of them. However every game they play, they potentially ruin the game for 6-11 other ppl (ranked/random). And who knows how many ppl they gifted those? There was already one 2 days ago here in the forums....

I dont [edited]understand why WG is doing that. They want to get players back, who BARELY ever played the game, probably didnt even spend a single dime on it, yet they are perfectly fine by pissing off their regular playerbase by making them play with newbs (not to be meant as an insult, they are such players by definition)? Makes no freaking sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
6,034 posts
12,332 battles
2 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Hi,

 

by way of a small public service announcement, don't be alarmed if you come across especially, shall we say, inexperienced players in the German Tier VII and VIII BBs the next few days. Apparently, Wargaming is renting these for ten days to players who haven't logged on to the game in several months at least, inviting them via Email to come back. This means that players at Account Level 3, who have only ever gained a total of 2000 XP, can do Tier VII and VIII in Random battles, although I don't think players with quite that little experience are thrown in with the general population. Then again, as soon as they have gained a total of 97,000 XP and thus attained Account Level 14, they may crop up in Ranked, and I don't think they have protected MM there.

 

So you say you'll see a difference in this game?

I bet some of those players play better then others with many more games on their belt.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,728 posts
27,960 battles

Nothing different than a new player with a credit card. Everyone can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
7 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Nothing different than a new player with a credit card. Everyone can do that.

 

Atleast that way WG would get some money. Handing out free Prems for inexperienced players is pretty much only pissing off your regular players:cap_fainting:

Hoping that someone who hasnt played this game for a while, and maybe someone who didnt play more than a handful of battles is returning to the game to spent money seems... far fetched to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,728 posts
27,960 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Atleast that way WG would get some money. Handing out free Prems for inexperienced players is pretty much only pissing off your regular players:cap_fainting:

Hoping that someone who hasnt played this game for a while, and maybe someone who didnt play more than a handful of battles is returning to the game to spent money seems... far fetched to me.

Rentals for 10 days sounds very limited to me.. Can't see the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,663 posts
16,801 battles

The following ships were given out for free at gamescom. Plenty of them, too:

- Tirpitz + Atlanta

- Scharnhorst + Giulio Cesare

- König Albert

- Campbeltown

- invite codes with Nassau + St. Louis and Oleg

 

So yeah, doesn't matter what tier you play, potatoes will haunt you.

On the bright side, I've scored more citadels with AP bombs in the last two days than I did with any other class in the past month. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

On the bright side, I've scored more citadels with AP bombs in the last two days than I did with any other class in the past month. :Smile_trollface:

I hope that is with the NEW reworked carriers.

 

It's been ages since we had a good sh*tstorm!

:Smile_popcorn:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,663 posts
16,801 battles
27 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I hope that is with the NEW reworked carriers.

 

Nah, bought a new dress for my waifu. Taking her out to dinner.

Potatoes are delicious.when served the right way. :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
45 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Nah, bought a new dress for my waifu. Taking her out to dinner.

Potatoes are delicious.when served the right way. :Smile_trollface:

66698waftl.gif

:Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
6 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

66698waftl.gif

:Smile_hiding:

Actually, she performs quite well, especially in the right hands - and @El2aZeR's are definitely on the capable side, I'd say.

 

Btw, while I'm at it - why doesn't my Premium Shop seem to feature permanent clothes? Nor are they available in-game for doublons. I mean, I don't really have most of the relevant shps but Nelson sits in my port and she doesn't seem to have any AL clothes despite being listed in the Patch Notes. Am I missing something? :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,663 posts
16,801 battles
3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Am I missing something? :cap_hmm:

 

Enterprise is the only ship for which you can currently buy the AL camo. According to Crysantos someone flipped a switch too early.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Am I missing something? :cap_hmm:

 

For example that I was relating to woman and not ships but that's a-okay!

At least he did understand.

 

tumblr_oscd3mtpnd1u1lzcimh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

For example that I was relating to woman and not ships but that's a-okay!

At least he did understand.

 

tumblr_oscd3mtpnd1u1lzcimh.gif

Oh, but both me and him were talking about ships :Smile_trollface:

How could he feast with his waifu on WoWs potatoes if she wasn't a ship? You're not making any sense :Smile_trollface:

 

5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Enterprise is the only ship for which you can currently buy the AL camo. According to Crysantos someone flipped a switch too early.

Thx, I assumed they were going to be available later but when it turned out that you managed to buy it, I started to doubt myself :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Oh, but both me and him were talking about ships :Smile_trollface:

 

tenor.gif?itemid=7905934

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,109 posts
15,331 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Zemeritt sagte:

I bet some of those players play better then others with many more games on their belt.

Could be, could be.

There is still the potential Captain handicap though, especially if they didn't happen to grind the German BB line, and also the question if they are ready to blow a few million credits on upgrades for a ship that will vanish again in ten days, especially if they don't have premium accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,109 posts
15,331 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, hgbn_dk sagte:

Nothing different than a new player with a credit card. Everyone can do that.

Disagree. This is a mass mailing marketing action, probably reaching a few hundred people. Even though only a fraction of them will indeed come back and try these ships, I wager Wargaming would need to put a massive discount or an even bigger incentive on those ships to get as many non-regular players to just buy them outright.

By way of example, I am a very regular player, somewhat committed collector and card-carrying wallet warrior, and I have had my eye on an Atago and Tirpitz for some time, but the summer discount just did not do it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,109 posts
15,331 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, El2aZeR sagte:

The following ships were given out for free at gamescom.

"given out"?

 

As in, if I'd just asked somebody to drop by in Cologne and grabb some code for me, I'd have these now? Permanently?

 

I mean, I already have five of them, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,663 posts
16,801 battles
14 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

"given out"?

 

Campbeltown and Nassau + St. Louis were found in bags given to everyone who played (same as every year I believe). Other codes were thrown into the crowd or given to people who played on stage.

And there were a lot of codes being thrown around.

 

Personally me and my collegues just traded some goodies with @MrConway and other WG staff, so I got a hold on all codes without having to brave the masses. Being an exhibitor at gamescom is hilarious in that regard, I got so much free stuff I was almost incapable of bringing it all back without buying an extra trunk.

Including the Lego Blyskawica I always wanted, now proudly decorating one of my shelves. :D

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,461 posts
Vor 44 Minuten, Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

"given out"?

 

As in, if I'd just asked somebody to drop by in Cologne and grabb some code for me, I'd have these now? Permanently?

the codes for Tirpitz + Atlanta and Scharnhorst + Giulio Cesare are VIP codes and of course very rare and not easy to get. They come with doubloons and premium time, and of course they give you the ships permanently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,746 posts
2,790 battles
On 8/28/2018 at 7:44 AM, Klopirat said:

the codes for Tirpitz + Atlanta and Scharnhorst + Giulio Cesare are VIP codes and of course very rare and not easy to get. They come with doubloons and premium time, and of course they give you the ships permanently

 

And only two people approached me with the special codeword from twitch :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC_DK]
Players
2,728 posts
27,960 battles
29 minutes ago, MrConway said:

 

And only two people approached me with the special codeword from twitch :(

You do have your voice back again? What was it? Womens day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,746 posts
2,790 battles
54 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

You do have your voice back again? What was it? Womens day?

 

Yes to both! I did sound like several years of whiskey and cigars by the end of it ;)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×