Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shoot_Him_____

Unfairly Banned: Contractual Battles

74 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Or maybe wargaming didn't bother to check the footage and just banned me anyway.  And my clan mate.  For no reason whatsoever.  How does logic deal with that ?  I'll tell you, it doesn't.

 

Well, you can say many, many, many things about Wargaming but from my experience they ain't Electronic Arts, yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
6 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Perhaps you could ask their clan if anyone of them have a replay.

If they are innocent, chances are they will provide you with a replay.

Don't know who it was.  I just ignored it after the game and thought they were just bad losers looking for excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,575 posts
9,734 battles
Just now, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Or maybe wargaming didn't bother to check the footage and just banned me anyway.  And my clan mate.  For no reason whatsoever.  How does logic deal with that ?  I'll tell you, it doesn't.

 

Yea exactly, there is no logic in that. If WG would ban every person, some salty captain reports to them, half of the community would be banned by now. I cant count how many times Ive been harrased ingame and "promised ill be banned by the end of the week" cuz some nut will send "proof of me cheating with video and screenshot" to WG. Like a Gneisenau raging at me for hours basically, cuz Im having penetration-cheats with my Fiji. Or once I was accused of having a reload cheat on my DD. Aimbot happened so often, I lost track. And that happens all the time to many people. Guess what - never been banned. Your explanation?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
Just now, Mandalorianer said:

 

Well, you can say many, many, many things about Wargaming but from my experience they ain't Electronic Arts, yet.

I hope so.  I really want to prove my innocence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
3 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

I hope so.  I really want to prove my innocence.

 

We'll maybe know if a "white knight with a red stripe" visits this thread in a week or so, after half of my posts got edited. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

 

Yea exactly, there is no logic in that. If WG would ban every person, some salty captain reports to them, half of the community would be banned by now. I cant count how many times Ive been harrased ingame and "promised ill be banned by the end of the week" cuz some nut will send "proof of me cheating with video and screenshot" to WG. Like a Gneisenau raging at me for hours basically, cuz Im having penetration-cheats with my Fiji. Or once I was accused of having a reload cheat on my DD. Aimbot happened so often, I lost track. And that happens all the time to many people. Guess what - never been banned. Your explanation?

Same crap dude, of course this stuff goes on all the time.  Its not a case of my explanation, but there's.

 

If I had done something wrong and I was aware of it, do you think I would be on here ranting away trying to prove my innocence.  Or do you think I would be like, oh crap nevermind I'll just wait 7 days.  No I'm pissed off because I've been wrongly accussed.

 

BYW I noticed you have played 4,429 battles.  I have played 10,902 battles.  So I guess this might happen to you in the next 6,500 battles or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,575 posts
9,734 battles
1 minute ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

If I had done something wrong and I was aware of it, do you think I would be on here ranting away trying to prove my innocence.  Or do you think I would be like, oh crap nevermind I'll just wait 7 days.  No I'm pissed off because I've been wrongly accussed.

 

I´ll tell you something about my background: Some years ago I was involved in anti-cheating and was adding people to banlists to keep the game clean (different game, I wont name which one). Watching at thousands of screenshots and other evidence. The only time we banned someone, was, when we were 100% sure. Not 99%, but 100%. And someone always double-checks. I had to let a few people go, cuz the evidence wasnt water-proof. Even when I personally was 100% sure and I knew that guy is a cheater. But, anyway, many times when we banned someone, it didnt take long for that guy to appeal his ban. And the lists of explanations (read: excuses) is endless, some things are super-hilarious. Thats why im sure WG has strong evidence when they decide to take drastic measures.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

I´ll tell you something about my background: Some years ago I was involved in anti-cheating and was adding people to banlists to keep the game clean (different game, I wont name which one). Watching at thousands of screenshots and other evidence. The only time we banned someone, was, when we were 100% sure. Not 99%, but 100%. And someone always double-checks. I had to let a few people go, cuz the evidence wasnt water-proof. Even when I personally was 100% sure and I knew that guy is a cheater. But, anyway, many times when we banned someone, it didnt take long for that guy to appeal his ban. And the lists of explanations (read: excuses) is endless, some things are super-hilarious. Thats why im sure WG has strong evidence when they decide to take drastic measures.

Well I wish you were working for them.  'Innocent until proven guilty' doesn't seem to be there ethos.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
2 minutes ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

Well I wish you were working for them.  'Innocent until proven guilty' doesn't seem to be there ethos.

 

I've been gaming for over 30 years and I have never been banned from anything until now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

 

I've been gaming for over 30 years and I have never been banned from anything until now.

 

You know the saying: "It's only cheating if you get caught".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
3 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

You know the saying: "It's only cheating if you get caught".

I have never cheated.  Whats the point ?  There is no achievement in cheating for me.

 

I will let you know the response from WOWs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Shoot_Him_____ said:

I have never cheated.

 

Sorry mate but this is like saying: "I never ever masturbated, ever!"

 

Everyone cheated in games at some point.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles

Well I masturbated all the time.  And I have no idea how to cheat with a mod.  It doesn't interest me.

 

Actually I don't need to masturbated, I have a very nice girlfriend ;)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,716 posts
6,954 battles

Ok, can someone point to where the "3,2,1 go" is prohibited in randoms or ranked, that should eliminate that ban reson. 

 

OP do you have any mods? 

3d party. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LEGIO]
Players
614 posts
9,045 battles
53 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Why you still arguing? Look at my post from an hour ago...

You just cant rhink for ONE sec that he acctually might be right? I understand him. What would you say if you were banned due to similar reasons? Would you be happy? If you knew that you hadn´t done anything wrong. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,731 posts
12,507 battles

So all these people saying "he got banned for cheating so he must have been cheating" and yet if someone comes onto the forum accusing others of cheating people say "it's impossible to cheat in WoWS cos it's all server-side so you would have to hack WG's servers" - so which is it?

 

A little consistency guys.

 

Looking at the screeshot provided, the ban is for something called "Contractual Battles" - do we know what this means? It looks to me that this could be WG punishing people for counting in in ranked and yet several WG staff have said in the past quite categorically that this is fine. Have WG changed their minds and not told us?

 

@MrConway can you shed any light on this?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles

My commander asked them on the 30th april.

 

Ticket ID 4598206: Matchmaking

 

He asked them if its OK to click in and they replied its OK as long as you don't hinder the game by unsportman like behavier.

 

On this particular game, we didn't click in anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
2 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

You just cant rhink for ONE sec that he acctually might be right? I understand him. What would you say if you were banned due to similar reasons? Would you be happy? If you knew that you hadn´t done anything wrong. 

 

I can understand him aswell I just don't think that WoWs is in any position to ban people willy nilly - thats all.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
872 posts
15,798 battles

Just FYI, if I'm not mistaken posting communication with support is against the rules. OP you might be better off removing the print screen and paraphrasing the answer with your own words

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
Players
2 posts
3,946 battles
7 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Looking at the screeshot provided, the ban is for something called "Contractual Battles" - do we know what this means? It looks to me that this could be WG punishing people for counting in in ranked and yet several WG staff have said in the past quite categorically that this is fine. Have WG changed their minds and not told us?

 

 This is the problem, no definition for what he got banned for. And we need a clear statement if "counting in" is allowed or not. Because if that gets decided case by case....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
1 minute ago, Freyr_90 said:

Just FYI, if I'm not mistaken posting communication with support is against the rules. OP you might be better off removing the print screen and paraphrasing the answer with your own words

OK, thanks for point out.  I'll take it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GURKA]
Players
2 posts
3,946 battles
1 minute ago, Ecki98 said:

 This is the problem, no definition for what he got banned for. And we need a clear statement if "counting in" is allowed or not. Because if that gets decided case by case....

But even tho if its not, like i understood it, they didnt do it. And i think even if someone does it they cant really proof it. Thats also written in the printscreen and the reason why it is "allowed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,575 posts
9,734 battles
12 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

A little consistency guys.

 

Well, we are all individuals, cant blame someone for his opinions just cuz someone else said somewhere something different.

 

13 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Looking at the screeshot provided, the ban is for something called "Contractual Battles" - do we know what this means? It looks to me that this could be WG punishing people for counting in in ranked and yet several WG staff have said in the past quite categorically that this is fine. Have WG changed their minds and not told us?

 

I did read the german conversation he posted with the support and they said pretty clear, that getting together in the same battle, even if counting in, is fine, since the system allows it. However its not ok to then play unfair, aka, stop playing to let one side win, give away positions, and so on. And they said they will need evidence in form of a replays to act on such cases.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
53 posts
19,047 battles
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

Well, we are all individuals, cant blame someone for his opinions just cuz someone else said somewhere something different.

 

 

I did read the german conversation he posted with the support and they said pretty clear, that getting together in the same battle, even if counting in, is fine, since the system allows it. However its not ok to then play unfair, aka, stop playing to let one side win, give away positions, and so on. And they said they will need evidence in form of a replays to act on such cases.

 

It was just a normal game of rank.  I can't even remember who won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,731 posts
12,507 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

 

I did read the german conversation he posted with the support and they said pretty clear, that getting together in the same battle, even if counting in, is fine, since the system allows it. However its not ok to then play unfair, aka, stop playing to let one side win, give away positions, and so on. And they said they will need evidence in form of a replays to act on such cases.

 

I understand what you are saying, however, one look at the guy's very first post shows that he says they were on the same team. How the hell could they be rigging battles in the manner you describe whilst being on the same team? If they had been on opposite sides then, I guess, it is possible that one of them could somehow rig things for the other but I don't see how they could do that from the same side. According to his post it was an enemy player who reported them so what, they were refusing to shoot and letting the enemy win? Doesn't make an ounce of sense to me.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×