Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

Hindenburg armor nerfed?

116 comments in this topic

Players
130 posts
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

This brings me to a thinking how one friend of mine (who have over 400 battles in Hindi) told me that Hindi armor doesnt perform the same this days as in the past. And I can easy believe in this because this is nothing from what I've seen from this ship in the past (youtubes, twitch).

obviously the old hindenburg is dead - or is again a bug  as it was before with hindy ang all german t8+ bbs plus conqueror

2 and max 4km again - easy double - triple citadel

shot-18.09.03_18.05.22-0960.jpg

shot-18.09.03_18.06.25-0418.jpg

shot-18.09.03_18.02.14-0460.jpg

shot-18.09.03_18.02.10-0610.jpg

Beta Tester
2,954 posts
12,010 battles
38 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Sure, keep telling that to yourself.

My 180 battles says it doesnt. And if I were you I would think twice before saying ''L2P'' to someone who have over 2000 battles in BB class (2300+).

And its a bit strange that this defense on this ship coming from a player with 78k average damage. That number is not great for Missouri you know.

Lel, you really want to pull the stats card on me?

That is so silly, I will not even answer. These 2k battles didn't get you far however, neither in Randoms nor in Ranked... 

If I can handle Salem, I doubt.

So agree to disagree. 

With your 3 games in that ship? :Smile_child:

[NWP]
Players
7,844 posts
8,301 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Than what is the point of turtleback German armor if ANY high tier cruiser and BB can easy citadel you?

Cruiser turtleback is much weaker than BB Turtleback.

If Hindenburg would be as impossible to citadel as a FDG or so, it would be totaly OP.

The tests from @a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s look a bit weird tho, maybe i go try myself. Im not sure if anything changed, i didnt have much opportunity to go brawling with Hindi lately. Too much camping and cowards running from one Cruiser anyway :cap_tea:

Sadly ofc, the best tactic for a BB is to turn away from the Hindi, but still....

Longrange CItadels are as common as always if you show broadside that is.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
37 posts
6,212 battles
On 27/08/2018 at 7:17 PM, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Hindy is only immune to citadels from BB's below 12km, from Cruisers below 10km (except Dm who can always do it) because turtleback, but she will eat a lot of regular pens. She's also very weak to HE, as the entire ship but turret faces and conning tower can be penned by native 203mm rounds, including your belt and everything else. 

Jack not true my friend Moskva can tear the hindy a new one sub 10km, aim just below the front guns and it’s citta time comrade!

[SCRUB]
Players
1,041 posts
9,205 battles
1 minute ago, DeTrimmy said:

Jack not true my friend Moskva can tear the hindy a new one sub 10km, aim just below the front guns and it’s citta time comrade!

Quoting me from 2 weeks ago. Scrub. 

Moskva and Henri can citadel her closer, but it's a bit of a lottery for both. But then, neither of them use 203's so I guess it's to be expected. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
37 posts
6,212 battles
1 minute ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Quoting me from 2 weeks ago. Scrub. 

Moskva and Henri can citadel her closer, but it's a bit of a lottery for both. But then, neither of them use 203's so I guess it's to be expected. 

***Choking henri**** @MortenTardo. Wasn’t incorrect though someone needed to make sure you were corrected! Have you tested the 203s vs Hindi in test server? Just curious. 

[SCRUB]
Players
1,041 posts
9,205 battles
Just now, DeTrimmy said:

***Choking henri**** @MortenTardo. Wasn’t incorrect though someone needed to make sure you were corrected! Have you tested the 203s vs Hindi in test server? Just curious. 

Test server? Have they changed something?

If you meant training room then yeah, Zao and Hindy's own 203's at least struggle to get much but overpens under 9km. You will get the occasional cit but you're better off going for the middle/upper belt for pen dmg. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
37 posts
6,212 battles
Just now, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Test server? Have they changed something?

If you meant training room then yeah, Zao and Hindy's own 203's at least struggle to get much but overpens under 9km. You will get the occasional cit but you're better off going for the middle/upper belt for pen dmg. 

Yeah I meant training, Brain fart. To be perfectly honest as we both found out during the infestation of Hindys season before last/start of last. It’s citadal isn’t too hard to hit. Or just massive AP pen :cap_rambo:

[NWP]
Players
7,844 posts
8,301 battles
1 hour ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

obviously the old hindenburg is dead - or is again a bug  as it was before with hindy ang all german t8+ bbs plus conqueror

2 and max 4km again - easy double - triple citadel

Not sure what you Hindis are doing,  but mine seem to perform differently (almost). Not sure if its Missouri/Monty difference or what. Or did i have bad RNG or i dunno.

Hindi at 5,5km

Spoiler

shot-18_09.03_19_37.35-0679.thumb.jpg.f61e869c8ab8b6b2b67e17481295387c.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_38.07-0712.thumb.jpg.d687f4d41cff15d16994ca7b7958001d.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_38.08-0679.thumb.jpg.0b7bcf9534ecf2fa00fc247362a95d2b.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_38.39-0631.thumb.jpg.a3b1428e91ce5794ccc3689a6dbfaea8.jpgshot-18_09.03_19.39_09-0856.thumb.jpg.0ce6029f2b1e93438ce4479ed2ac18b3.jpg

Hindi at 8,5km (i wonder about that one tho)

Spoiler

shot-18_09.03_19_39.43-0648.thumb.jpg.be8c38e8daf93d670d51f106564da260.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_40.13-0100.thumb.jpg.4a22015ee73c796f33ff5ad983ea254b.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_41.35-0268.thumb.jpg.73e898817c04bbb04c500dca3c18db35.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_42.14-0003.thumb.jpg.5b2339514989c880c38d545d2bf444d0.jpg

Hindi at 1,7km (also i wonder about that one)

Spoiler

shot-18_09.03_19_42.54-0468.thumb.jpg.96ff472fa1ba96c3bd7e3f3186bb5304.jpg

Now what we do with a DM at 4,7km

Spoiler

shot-18_09.03_19_43.28-0079.thumb.jpg.cfbfd495e8a97ac18fe52ded0841ad6f.jpg

Moskva at ~9km (think a bit unlucky tho)

Spoiler

shot-18_09.03_19_46.00-0058.thumb.jpg.bb5acb469b71ff4e235d34f77cfa6e6c.jpgshot-18_09.03_19_48.34-0996.thumb.jpg.ae0ef1a1a4548d37ddb298e01fb456a9.jpg

Zao at 5,7 typical troll armor

Worcester at close range aswell.

shot-18.09.03_19.38.39-0631.jpg

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

Hindi is still my favorite cruiser one of 2 favorite T10 ships BUT Hindi did have some change after that citadel-bug fiasco not log after French BB have come -- you know the one that get you normal play/punishment  vs brainless BS BBs ..

After that they fix ( don't know why it was such a nice game at that time ) all BBs ( and maybe other ship from other class like cruiser with turtleback - don't know ) they kind a like left it on Hindi ..

I will tell you that I will easily kill av player in Hindi on 16-20km even will one shoot him or give him like 30k salvo from my Republique but will never or very hard do that to ZAO and that 2 ships had like almost the same trol armor before that bug and now ZAO still have it but Hindi got a lot more that 16-20-23km 30k salvos and  ofc from Mushi/Yami your angle is just irrelevant while same shoot on ZAO will get you most 10k normal pens  from those 2 460..

It's not like now Hindi is crap and it's unplayable or something it is still very very good cruiser but every now and than this long range cit that was not here before ( that common )  will made your have hell or more defensive while hindi is strongest in close combat...

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
7 hours ago, Riselotte said:

What's the point of french spaced armour if you can still at times get citadels?

French BBs getting citadels? They have soft armor, everyone knows that. So nothing weird about that.

7 hours ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

obviously the old hindenburg is dead - or is again a bug 

Maybe it is a bug.

7 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Lel, you really want to pull the stats card on me?

That is so silly, I will not even answer. These 2k battles didn't get you far however, neither in Randoms nor in Ranked... 

With your 3 games in that ship? :Smile_child:

People like you are easy to read, so I knew you would sooner or later mention my gameplay skills. So yea, ofc I will pull that card on you.

I dont know how much battles you have overall in BBs but like I said, you're not so great in that ship either. You can think you are, but...

Also knew how Hindi smells in my hands after few battles so yea. For now in Salem is only 3 but will be lot more to come.

6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Cruiser turtleback is much weaker than BB Turtleback.

If Hindenburg would be as impossible to citadel as a FDG or so, it would be totaly OP.

No one says Hindi have to be impossible to citadel, but the problem is he is very easy to citadel. And that is far from ''great OP turtleback German armor'' we (or at least I) was listening for long time.

Players
6,708 posts
7,823 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

French BBs getting citadels? They have soft armor, everyone knows that. So nothing weird about that.

French BBs don't have spaced armour. French cruisers have. You still can citadel them from broadside if you got good enough pen.

Funnily enough, French BBs often do have turtleback, but far worse than Germans. Anyway, my point is, German cruiser turtleback not being completely immune to citadels like German BB turtleback is not necessarily a flaw. As long as it decreases chance of citadels (not eliminating it), it already is an advantage and if you play Hindenburg just for the armour... eh... there are more reasons to play the ship. Certainly the ship is not becoming pointless just because you eat cits when broadsiding like a potato.

• Cool 1

Players
130 posts

2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Maybe it is a bug.

i hopo so. he is already too slow,   if it adds to this a crap armor...

2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

No one says Hindi have to be impossible to citadel, but the problem is he is very easy to citadel.

very easy citadel  ( double , triple ) especially  in close range (below 6km ),  this is the problemover 8km he always take citadel

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,954 posts
12,010 battles
7 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

People like you are easy to read, so I knew you would sooner or later mention my gameplay skills. So yea, ofc I will pull that card on you.

I dont know how much battles you have overall in BBs but like I said, you're not so great in that ship either. You can think you are, but...

I hadn't even looked at all your red stats then. I was simply referring to your statement that you get citadelled by 380mm all the time when angled, wich is  compete nonsense. If that happens regularly, you are not angling correctly. 

But you immediately went for stats, Mr. 47%.

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
17 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Certainly the ship is not becoming pointless just because you eat cits when broadsiding like a potato.

I dont remember I ever had issue with heavy damage or citadeling some French BB.

About Hindi, like I said in my very forst post here; I eat citadels in every scenario. Do you really think I broadsiding in cruiser? Come on... I dont do that even in BBs...

10 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

If that happens regularly, you are not angling correctly. 

Tell that to a game mechanics and rng.

If I can angle in Salem without get citadel or heavy damage, then I doubt my angling is a problem.

10 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

But you immediately went for stats, Mr. 47%.

What 47%? Is this some thing like with camera's and tv show when people says that camera gives you +10 pounds so forumites like you take away -5% from others?

Eitherway, liars are not some surprise.

Players
130 posts
3 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Tanked about 2 million potential damage on round about 10k HP getting focused by 2 T10 BBa and a Akizuki at the same time......... so armour is fine if you learn how to kite and dodge.

i do not comment he spam long range style,  but on the contrary, i was referring to medium and especially  in close range (and extrem close range,  where he was the king until now).  his armor  in close range fight is pure garbage at present, do not tank anything

Players
167 posts
13,303 battles

I would like to add and confirm on this. I currently Play Hindi in ranked.

Long range plunging fire Cita's fine - this is as expected and here you can dodge, hide etc.

But the way she performs in brawlings is somewhat dissapointing.

It does not get anyway near the wiki-description of being "hard to citadel" in Close range....:-(

Beta Tester
1,716 posts
10,756 battles

I really see no difference between armour nowdays and the Hindy armour from before. You will always be capable of eating citadells in Hindy from all ranges (freak cits included), its not a Conqueror?! But that said Hinden will always tank and survive more situations then any other T10 cruiser in the game. Its strong at long range and its unbelievable strong in CQB which I show in one of the bonus clips in this video and also in one of the earlier Hinden videos.

This ship strives in Cyclones and such!

Players
130 posts

i stop played hindy - now i  grind moskva, zao and henri  lengendary, but i tested again yesterday or the day before yesterday. i shot him 4-5 km with yamato and montana and he tank  like as in the past (20-30k damage but no citadel or only one)... 

strange...  maybe one day he is  garbage, one day he is old hindenburg - new balance game 2.0 from wg :)

[NED]
Players
4,386 posts
12,087 battles

I've been more closely watching this matter in combat. Indeed it seems the armor is protected very well with the citadel... A BB looks funny = citadel or miss. Seems to be hardly anything 'in between."

Edit; don't mind these screenshots. They somehow creeped in and i can't get rid of them in an edit.

image.png

image.png

Players
167 posts
13,303 battles

The Topic is a bit older but I still would like to add to it.

I grinded German CA line and currently grid the US CA/CL line and from the Armour scheme of Hindi I am also very dissapointed I must say.

My stats on the Hindi are not great yet (just some 49% winrate) but they as well as my overall stats are significantly improving (getting to great/unicum recently).

(Made some mistakes all around in the beginning, did not invest in premium consumables, had badly speced and weak captains etc.).

I am perfectly ok with long range citadels through plunging fire. This is as expected.

But I really struggle with it's brawling endurance. I am still flashed with what I was able to do in the Hipper at the time...

Brawling in and taking out BBs with torps was a natural thing to do mid/end of a game...

Hindi as enemy I could easily citadel with my Seattle or Cleveland Sub 6 km or own Hindi Sub 10km.

The Moment I get detected - 5 ships press "I like" .... so - I feel like a light cruiser and have to Play super carefull in all circumstances.

Maybe it is the Meta but Hindi is nowhere near strong brawling (anymore?). I spoke to a few People and so many confirmed this to me.

Something seems to have changed... Did anyone ask wargaming?

I kited yesterday with my Seattle against two BBs one after another (1 Izumo, 1 Rep I believe) - And I took both out and got even blamed for using tools...

No Cits, no big bleps, even several ricochets... Could not have done this in my Hindi...

Today I read that wargaming is giving Hindi 1 more heal....so it seems they start to realise something is wrong here.

Stats of Hindi overal look not very healthy (probably a more difficult ship to master and used by many potatoes).

Another thing that frustrates me is - as mentioned by others - this insane ruggednes of the Worcester.

I had it on several occasions - I go in bow on on a broadsided Worcester - like 8-6km. I shoot AP - I cannot not citatel at all.

Maybe some overpens if I am lucky. Slightly angled - Forget it. vise versa I can easily citadel a Hindi.

And bow on in a Hindi the Worcester just takes me out due to fire power....

(Doing the same with a Mino as oppoenent - it takes me max. 2-3 salvos front turrets only and she is gone...)

Just my two Cents.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,250 posts
16,393 battles
On 8/27/2018 at 9:05 PM, Hawker_gb said:

Moskva

Nonsense. The tankiest cruiser is the joint Worceter and Des Memes tag team with their patentedtm Allied island armor which can't be penetrated by any shell in the game. :fish_haloween:

But yes, I do feel that the Hindenburg is taking a lot more damage than she used to from battleships and cruisers alike. It could be that the player base is just getting better at aiming though.

Sign in to follow this