Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

Hindenburg armor nerfed?

116 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
6,658 posts
7,783 battles
38 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

 

In Hindi I will always rush solo Republique hoping he doesn't have 2nd build - bcs he will deal little dam to me while I will torp him with ease, the problem is if he is running from me or keep me on 12km 2nd range 

I frankly wouldn't dare. Rep's main gun can overmatch almost everywhere and citadel through the bow. The secondaries won't blap you, but a short range Republique salvo can and you got no turtleback in the front to keep you save from that.

4 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Now when you mention I have to ask, is it worth to spend 3 captain points into Demolition Expert on Des Memes? I think he have a great HE chance by default already.

Like all USN ships, the fire chance is mediocre. DM has good fires per minute due to high shell output. Like all ships that gain their fire starting capability from high shell output, DE pays off quite well. Thus, it certainly is a skill that is viable. It might however be a skill you readily replace for other skills in random, e.g. if you decide to spec BFT/AFT for AA (or AFT and manual AA, assuming you want SI and CE for sure), thus not having any skills left for DE. Can be useful for CB though, where AA skills are pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,704 posts
10,691 battles
8 hours ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

 

Hini and Rep have mutual love/hate relationship :)   

 

I love to see Hindi turning on lets say 22km not pay attention and than blap for 20-30-40k on him and than after few min here he is on 10-20hp spamming my [edited]/deck with HE inferno and all I score is 1450, 4850, 0, 1450, 0, 1450  and pin to all kill him, kill him :) 

 

But all in all Rep is far superior to Hindi and Hindi is easy kill for Rep - far more than Wochester, Zao and so on,, I would tell that implement od French BBs including these with 380mm (all of them ) is biggest nerf Hindi have ever - they are like magnet to Hindi and for all of them Hindi is first target on map ...

 

I cant really agree to that, sure Rep is the most feared Blapper in the Hinden, but you get one chance, and then you got a pissed of Hinden player that will focusfire you til you burn down. I would take a 1 vs 1 against a Rep in my Hinden any day of the week and 2 on sunday. There is no way a Rep wins over a kite:ing Hinden in my experience.

 

5 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Bold part;  Well, I wouldn't call reduced reload of main battery guns a buff.

I believe you on the rest you say.

That Bismarck on the first video hit you for half HP, just like I had experience with Hindi vs Biz.

Cant see what skills on captain you use but can guess.

 

Now when you mention I have to ask, is it worth to spend 3 captain points into Demolition Expert on Des Memes? I think he have a great HE chance by default already.

 

You are actually right, they did "nerf" the reload for 1 sec, the reason i totally forgot about that is I consider that "nerf" the same I considered them "nerfing" the Khaba when they gave it 6 km torps, and I was like "Khaba has torps?! Haa, never knew that...."

 

And thats the thing. I play really reckless in the Hinden, at many times in those vids I pull of maneuvers that would have been a insta kill in any other cruiser, but in Hinden you may take 50% damage, and then you heal 20-25% back and then you turn around and burn that poor soul down. I will show my captain skills below on both my Hinden and DM, and I use Demo expert on my DM, best choice in my book.

 

shot-18_08.30_21_43.56-0704.thumb.jpg.fdff53ebe4179c6b5d5c61692134cbc1.jpg

 

 

 

shot-18_08.30_21_38.16-0930.thumb.jpg.a03250c40026fce5107a00cb96df81a3.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 4:36 PM, Riselotte said:

I frankly wouldn't dare. Rep's main gun can overmatch almost everywhere and citadel through the bow. The secondaries won't blap you, but a short range Republique salvo can and you got no turtleback in the front to keep you save from that.

Like all USN ships, the fire chance is mediocre. DM has good fires per minute due to high shell output. Like all ships that gain their fire starting capability from high shell output, DE pays off quite well. Thus, it certainly is a skill that is viable. It might however be a skill you readily replace for other skills in random, e.g. if you decide to spec BFT/AFT for AA (or AFT and manual AA, assuming you want SI and CE for sure), thus not having any skills left for DE. Can be useful for CB though, where AA skills are pointless.

So DE is best only for CB?

Since Salem already have good AA by default I wont build is on fully AA with manual. AFT for 20% longer range and 200% AA power consumable seems enough. Especially because there are no that much CV's in the battles and other survival skills and DE are prirority for US cruisers.

 

On 8/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

You are actually right, they did "nerf" the reload for 1 sec, the reason i totally forgot about that is I consider that "nerf" the same I considered them "nerfing" the Khaba when they gave it 6 km torps, and I was like "Khaba has torps?! Haa, never knew that...."

 

And thats the thing. I play really reckless in the Hinden, at many times in those vids I pull of maneuvers that would have been a insta kill in any other cruiser, but in Hinden you may take 50% damage, and then you heal 20-25% back and then you turn around and burn that poor soul down. I will show my captain skills below on both my Hinden and DM, and I use Demo expert on my DM, best choice in my book.

 

I got Salem last night, played only 1 battle so far and it was 3 kills with 100k damage without any module instaled. So I played on 14-15 km range, without 18.4 km modul range.

Im using Halsey captain which is speced for Montana / Missouri - AA (AFT) build with CE, so useful skills I had on Salem with that commander are PM, Adrenaline, SI, AFT, CE. Only DE missing.

How much fires do you make with DM per battle with DE?

btw my Hindi is similar build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,658 posts
7,783 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

So DE is best only for CB?

Since Salem already have good AA by default I wont build is on fully AA with manual. AFT for 20% longer range and 200% AA power consumable seems enough. Especially because there are no that much CV's in the battles and other survival skills and DE are prirority for US cruisers.

DE is good for randoms too, but in CB it is more useful, because AA skills in CB are a waste. In randoms AA skills have situational usefulness and you might want to spec into it relying instead on base fire setting ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles

How is this possible? Or better to say, why is this possible?

From Alsace got hit in ONE salvo for 41k damage.

I thought that no one can citadel or delete Hindi because of his armor exept Republique, Conqueror and something else.

Hindi ''OP'' armor my a$$...

 

hindi2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,658 posts
7,783 battles
58 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

How is this possible? Or better to say, why is this possible?

From Alsace got hit in ONE salvo for 41k damage.

I thought that no one can citadel or delete Hindi because of his armor exept Republique, Conqueror and something else.

Hindi ''OP'' armor my a$$...

 

hindi2.jpg

Alsace can citadel you. Heck, another Hindenburg can citadel you. Just, only Yamato, Musashi, Republique and 457 Conqueror can overmatch your armour if you angle. If you do not angle to autobounce, at anything but short range, citadels are common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts

i played 20-30 battle with hindy yesterday and today and i take a lot close/medium  range  citadel and double citadel from all, cruisers, bbs, not matter, just like any other cruisers.

 

as well, i gave a lot of citadel to the enemies hindy from any distance, close, medium no matter

 

so, hindy turtleback armor now suck hard from all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
7,806 posts
8,273 battles
5 minutes ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

i played 20-30 battle with hindi yesterday and today and i take a lot close/medium  range  citadel and double citadel from all, cruisers, bbs, not matter, just like any other cruisers.

 

And you know those were Citadels because...?

Not being citadelled doesnt mean that you cant eat massive penetration damage. Got 18k just now from a Musashi, and i think he didnt citadel me, was just 5 pens or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,517 posts
4,454 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

And you know those were Citadels because...?

Not being citadelled doesnt mean that you cant eat massive penetration damage. Got 18k just now from a Musashi, and i think he didnt citadel me, was just 5 pens or so.

Easily doable. Just aim right below the deck, helps you avoid the main belt and do consistent damage, if (probably) not citadels.

 

Should be a well known weakness of the turtleback by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,517 posts
4,454 battles
5 minutes ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

 

because i have  an intuition :D

Don't even need citadels if you know where to aim (see previous post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Don't even need citadels if you know where to aim (see previous post)

 

that was not the subject of discussion. this topic is not about aim - go sleep :)

 

 

p.s.

 

just right now, training room: 2-4-6-8-10km non-stop citadel and double citadel

 

good night :)

 

 

 

 

shot-18.09.03_02.06.56-0738.jpg

shot-18.09.03_02.07.01-0671.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,039 posts
9,185 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Alsace can citadel you. Heck, another Hindenburg can citadel you. Just, only Yamato, Musashi, Republique and 457 Conqueror can overmatch your armour if you angle. If you do not angle to autobounce, at anything but short range, citadels are common.

 

Yes I thoroughly enjoy a Hindy trying to turn out to my Henri at 12-16km. I can usually land 4-5 cits and pens for 30k-50k dmg before they get away. For whatever reason, the 240's also like to ignore turtleback, even up close on occasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
7,806 posts
8,273 battles
20 minutes ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

just right now, training room: 2-4-6-8-10km non-stop citadel and double citadel

 

Seems like less than 10% of your shots still. Compare to lets say Moskva you will probably get like 75% or more citadels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
130 posts
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Seems like less than 10% of your shots still. Compare to lets say Moskva you will probably get like 75% or more citadels.

 

neah, number of shots is not relevant - because i was bored (o my lord, hindy's speed!) and  i started shoot  early , when all enemy still angle :)

 

 

 

l.e.

 

montana 6km one salvo - by by hindy :)

 

 

shot-18.09.03_03.26.53-0124.jpg

 

so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,936 posts
10,304 battles

Oh god, a German cruiser going full potato and getting citpenned like all the other cruiser for plebs?
How could this be!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,951 posts
11,948 battles
On 27.8.2018 at 5:43 PM, Hades_warrior said:

I have very low amount of battles with it, about 15 counting few CBs, but still, can feel that something is not right.

The problem is that however I position myself against enemys, no matter on distances, angles, bow-on, backward, broadside, it doesnt matter, I get citadeled with every 2nd salvo.

 

I think you need to learn how to kite properly. Maybe YouTube can help. Also you want to be not too close and not in the focus of too many people at once. 

 

Quote

That says a lot when even Missouri with bad guns and Bismarck can citadel me with no problem.

 

:Smile_amazed:

Missouri has some of the most accurate BB guns in the game. And on top of that, they have improved ricochet angles.

 

Quote

I even had better results with Hipper and experienced less armor issues on it.

 

Maybe you are not ready for a TX cruiser yet.

 

Quote

Did I miss some nerf on Hindi as his popularity over the past few months+ was very high, or am I just THAT much unlucky with this ship?

 

Not unlucky, just inexperienced it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,658 posts
7,783 battles
2 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

:Smile_amazed:

Missouri has some of the most accurate BB guns in the game. And on top of that, they have improved ricochet angles.

as far as I'm aware, improved ricochet angles are a thing on USN cAs, but not on USN BBs. They just have a very heavy shell that retains its energy over range well at higgher tiers. But they bounce off angled ships like any other shells of its caliber.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,951 posts
11,948 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

as far as I'm aware, improved ricochet angles are a thing on USN cAs, but not on USN BBs. They just have a very heavy shell that retains its energy over range well at higgher tiers. But they bounce off angled ships like any other shells of its caliber.

 

That is correct. 

I could swear that they used to have better angles, but maybe it is my imagination. 

 

Still Missouris guns are amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,658 posts
7,783 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

 

That is correct. 

I could swear that they used to have better angles, but maybe it is my imagination. 

 

Still Missouris guns are amazing. 

Yeah, and if they had improved ricochet angles, they'd be pretty OP. Something like Hindenburg would die to Montana much more often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
16 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Alsace can citadel you. Heck, another Hindenburg can citadel you. Just, only Yamato, Musashi, Republique and 457 Conqueror can overmatch your armour if you angle. If you do not angle to autobounce, at anything but short range, citadels are common.

Than what is the point of turtleback German armor if ANY high tier cruiser and BB can easy citadel you?

 

11 hours ago, a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s said:

some time ago flamu shooting 4km and 2km - no citadel

 

today i shoot same 4km and 2km - instant citadel

 

This brings me to a thinking how one friend of mine (who have over 400 battles in Hindi) told me that Hindi armor doesnt perform the same this days as in the past. And I can easy believe in this because this is nothing from what I've seen from this ship in the past (youtubes, twitch).

 

9 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Oh god, a German cruiser going full potato and getting citpenned like all the other cruiser for plebs?
How could this be!?

Wtf? Who was going full potato?

 

9 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

 

I think you need to learn how to kite properly. Maybe YouTube can help. Also you want to be not too close and not in the focus of too many people at once. 

 

If I can survive longer in my Salem than Hindenburg, im very sure that my kiting is not problem...

 

Quote

Missouri has some of the most accurate BB guns in the game. And on top of that, they have improved ricochet angles.

Sure, keep telling that to yourself.

My 180 battles says it doesnt. And if I were you I would think twice before saying ''L2P'' to someone who have over 2000 battles in BB class (2300+).

 

And its a bit strange that this defense on this ship coming from a player with 78k average damage. That number is not great for Missouri you know.

 

Quote

 

Maybe you are not ready for a TX cruiser yet.

If I can handle Salem, I doubt.

So agree to disagree.

 

Quote

 

Not unlucky, just inexperienced it seems. 

Mhm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,658 posts
7,783 battles
Just now, Hades_warrior said:

Than what is the point of turtleback German armor if ANY high tier cruiser and BB can easy citadel you?

What's the point of french spaced armour if you can still at times get citadels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×