Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Earthglade

Ranked Battles

15 comments in this topic

[1805]
[1805]
Players
20 posts
5,430 battles

Hi Guys,

I am at level 15 from previous ranked battles, my ships at the moment are Hindenberg and Fredrick De Grosse level 9 and 10. I don't seem to be able to play them in Ranked... Will I have to buy another ship to play in these battles..

Players
1,468 posts
10,097 battles

You start at rank 8 then move to rank 10 so of course you cannot play Grosse or Hindenburg. If you have the Hindenburg they are doing very well in ranked battles.

[ONE2]
Players
2,932 posts
17,492 battles

I think what he means to say is that, when you start playing ranked, you begin with tier 8 ships. You will only need tier 10's later on, when you have progress to a high enough rank.:Smile_Default:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
6 minutes ago, Earthglade said:

Hindenberg and Fredrick De Grosse

Never saw these ships... Are they new? :cap_wander:

7 minutes ago, Earthglade said:

Hi Guys,

I am at level 15 from previous ranked battles, my ships at the moment are Hindenberg and Fredrick De Grosse level 9 and 10. I don't seem to be able to play them in Ranked... Will I have to buy another ship to play in these battles..

If you ever play, please wait till I'm Rank 10 tomorrow so that I'am out of the "Purgatory" League. Thanks.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles
25 minutes ago, Earthglade said:

Hi Guys,

If you are at R15, there should not be a problem using your Hindenburg.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles
1 hour ago, Earthglade said:

Hi Guys,

Here you go:

Spoiler
Rank in Previous Season Bonus Stars Starting Rank in Current Season
22 1 22
21 2 22
20 3 21
19 4 21
18 5 20
17 6 20
16 7 19
15 8 19
14 9 18
13 10 18
12 11 17
11 12 17
10 13 16
9 14 16
8 15 15
7 16 15
6 17 15
5 18 14
4 19 14
3 20 14
2 21 13
1 22 13

So you will start at Rank 19.

This is the TIERS that are played in the current ranked Season. To rank 15 its T8. From rank 15 on its T10.

Spoiler

d72bca1e-a566-11e8-940e-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1,468 posts
10,097 battles
2 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I think what he means to say is that, when you start playing ranked, you begin with tier 8 ships. You will only need tier 10's later on, when you have progress to a high enough rank.:Smile_Default:

Thank you for the correction... a very simple but noobish mistake has been corrected... :Smile_facepalm:

[1805]
[1805]
Players
20 posts
5,430 battles

Do you loose your previous rank as I was rank 15 and just started to play my level 8 Cruiser .. my rank shows 19 ... anyone know why or is this normal....

[NWP]
Players
6,518 posts
7,482 battles
1 minute ago, Earthglade said:

Do you loose your previous rank as I was rank 15 and just started to play my level 8 Cruiser .. my rank shows 19 ... anyone know why or is this normal....

The rank you ended up last season doesnt mean much. You get one star for each rank you had from the previous season, so when you reach R1 in the last season you will start from a higher rank this season. Since you were rank 15 last season, you did get so many stars that you could start from R19 and not from R23 (i think is the first one).

• Cool 1

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
40 minutes ago, Earthglade said:

This is quite normal … one day you are rank 15 and the NeXT you are 19, on the Third day it's Xmas and the NeXT after that you will be Mount Everest … if you still have questions about ranked please make a New thread :cap_book:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, Earthglade said:

It's normal.

Ranked system in WoWs sounds a bit deceptively, suggesting a running ranking but that's not really the case. You climb the ladder by winning, yes, but you don't generally descend it - there are irrevocable Ranks AND the rewards are for first reaching certain milestones rather than remaining and playing there (compare Clan Battles that work more similarly to the classic ranking system). In the end, after a Ranked season is finished, a PORTION of your achievements carries over so that you don't begin from the very bottom the next time - but there's still a lot of Ranks to climb to reach your previous season's position.

This is, of course, inevitable with current design. Otherwise there would be no reason to play Ranked anymore for anyone who ever reached Rank 1 - they'd just need a single Superleague match (or was it a single victory) to get all the applicable rewards for the season.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
3 hours ago, Earthglade said:

Last season's Rank just dictates what rank you start this season, so in effect yes rank is reset.

If you look in your Profile and the Ranks section it will show you your starting rank. If you change to Ranked Battle in the battle type selector it will show you the ships you have that you can play at your starting rank which is 19, if you have NO T8 ships then it will be empty and you're stuck unless you re-buy one or buy a premium ship.

• Cool 1

[1805]
[1805]
Players
20 posts
5,430 battles
16 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Last season's Rank just dictates what rank you start this season, so in effect yes rank is reset.

If you look in your Profile and the Ranks section it will show you your starting rank. If you change to Ranked Battle in the battle type selector it will show you the ships you have that you can play at your starting rank which is 19, if you have NO T8 ships then it will be empty and you're stuck unless you re-buy one or buy a premium ship.

Yep just had to purchase ????

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
Just now, Earthglade said:

Yep just had to purchase ????

Since you have T10's you must have got there via T8 silver ships, you can buy them back for silver if you've sold them already.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this