Jack_Geary

2 new japanese DDs

36 comments in this topic

[GUNUP]
[GUNUP]
Players
18 posts
2,654 battles

Wargaming, what have you done. The 2 new Japanese DD's are way overpowered. How come they can destroy an Atago with just guns when the Atago is bow on in less than 1 minute?

What a joke. People will just get them now as they are to OP. Even your early testers said they was OP. Sort it out and stop making ships OP.

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles

The Kitakze has the same Firepower as the Akizuki.....

I suggest to be more aware of the minimap and look more closely at you after battle report. Looks like you tend to miss stuff...

• Cool 1

[GUNUP]
[GUNUP]
Players
18 posts
2,654 battles
58 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The Kitakze has the same Firepower as the Akizuki.....

I suggest to be more aware of the minimap and look more closely at you after battle report. Looks like you tend to miss stuff...

What has looking at my mini map anything to do with a Atago and a Kitakze going 1v1? I was hitting him with every shot as he was me. No one else was involved.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles

It helps you not getting surprised.

And when you lose an open water gun duel vs Kitakaze in an Atago, you were doing it wrong.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles

Can you post a replay of that game? Because it's really hard to believe that an Atago loses against a Kitakaze without some massive gameplay mistakes.

[COMA]
Players
158 posts
9,076 battles

Regardless of this Atago vs. Kitakaze knife-fight, those 2 new DDs are fukking disgusting. Guns reloading in like 2 seconds??? I've been in many battles with these so far and the outcome was that the team with more of these always wins. But that's the issue with Wargayming testing ships procedures, which is a big failure here. Giving ships to few community contributors is not the way it should be done.

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles

Once again! Kitakaze has the same firepower as Akizuki!

Where are all the Akizuki guns are too strong threads?

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Todeskult sagte:

Guns reloading in like 2 seconds???

Totally 2 seconds, yes. 8ff0d6911b.png

Vor 2 Stunden, Todeskult sagte:

But that's the issue with Wargayming testing ships procedures, which is a big failure here. Giving ships to few community contributors is not the way it should be done.

If you really think that's all the testing they do ...

Just another proof that one should better say nothing if one knows nothing :cap_like:

[UNICS]
Players
1,277 posts
17,595 battles

Atago DPM ain't exactly special so yea it will get rekt in a dpm duel...

The balance is broken tho , penning 32mm in a dd is just...

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,435 battles
2 hours ago, Todeskult said:

Regardless of this Atago vs. Kitakaze knife-fight, those 2 new DDs are fukking disgusting. Guns reloading in like 2 seconds??? I've been in many battles with these so far and the outcome was that the team with more of these always wins. But that's the issue with Wargayming testing ships procedures, which is a big failure here. Giving ships to few community contributors is not the way it should be done.

you are aware that daring will have higher dpm with just 6 guns? thogh not so good on pure damage vs non DDs  due to pen but nearly dobble the fire chance and near  perma smoke......

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles
9 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

Atago DPM ain't exactly special so yea it will get rekt in a dpm duel...

The balance is broken tho , penning 32mm in a dd is just...

Not really...

[UNICS]
Players
1,277 posts
17,595 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Not really...

i don't personally have a problem with it but the special playerbase will

Already they have a huge problem with the wooster , but its just  bb's getting butthurt because they cant learn to counter anything.

[COMA]
Players
158 posts
9,076 battles
On 8/27/2018 at 4:49 PM, Spellfire40 said:

you are aware that daring will have higher dpm with just 6 guns? thogh not so good on pure damage vs non DDs  due to pen but nearly dobble the fire chance and near  perma smoke......

So what? Daring is not in game yet, this OP shayt is. Even CCs are claiming that these bastards are OP as hell. Daka-daka...

On 8/27/2018 at 7:01 PM, Ysterpyp said:

i don't personally have a problem with it but the special playerbase will

Already they have a huge problem with the wooster , but its just  bb's getting butthurt because they cant learn to counter anything.

Go for caps in Domination mode and "counter" 3 radars per side... What's to "learn" here? Tell me please...

On 8/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Totally 2 seconds, yes. 8ff0d6911b.png

If you really think that's all the testing they do ...

Just another proof that one should better say nothing if one knows nothing :cap_like:

Yeah, 2 or 3 makes a difference. Having 2 sec is no problem with captain specs.

Yeah, you are "speshull" Cornflake and do know all I can see...

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,435 battles
1 hour ago, Todeskult said:

So what? Daring is not in game yet, this OP shayt is. Even CCs are claiming that these bastards are OP as hell. Daka-daka...

Yea CCs that play with without CE as pure damage dealer. Let me lell you for son superunicons you dont see DDs entering a cap even if tehy have a 700m stealth advantage over you in 99% of the games that means if you dont cap you lose after 5 min with all caps in red. And if you do you take MUCH more damage leaving you with much less to trade in late game.

[TAW]
Players
201 posts
6,254 battles

It's a wonder there's actually any room for engines, fuel, crew quarters, etc; at the rate these things fire they'd have to be just one enormous floating magazine :)

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
8,795 battles

On 27/08/2018 at 1:07 PM, ColonelPete said:

Once again! Kitakaze has the same firepower as Akizuki!

You are mistaken here. You're only looking at the stats you can see in the game. On the Akizuki and other destroyers you have theoretical dpm. In practice you get much less damage because HE and AP shells will shatter against BB armour, so you get a fraction of the theoretical dpm plus the fires. 

But the problem with the Kitakaze is that its ammunition has improved penetration, better than other DDs. With IFHE, its tiny shells penetrate the armour plating of every BB.  Which means its practical dpm is nearly equal to its theoretical dpm (well, unless you miss your shots completely).  This is why it is totally OP:  the Akizuki may fire equally fast, but it can only hope to set fires. Most of its shells will shatter.  Not the Kitakaze. So basically you fire every 2.3 seconds, you do a constant stream of reliable damage, plus you set fires. No other DD can do this. 

In my most recent game, I was up against a Kitakaze in my Baltimore.  I was practically full health. I radared him,, came around an island promontory, fired two or three volleys into him hitting with most shells and taking a large portion of his health. But in the meantime, he killed me from full health. 

Which means that in a one-on-one battle, a heavy cruiser with a much bigger health pool and armour does not stand a chance against a destroyer. 

Can't you see how ridiculous this is?   I mean, I would understand if he killed me with torps, that's OK, but with those peashooters? 

Some WW2 tanks had bigger guns than the Kitakaze, for f*cks sake!

Basically: stoopid Japanese. Instead of building all those carriers, battleships and cruisers, all they needed to do was to build lots of the Kitakaze class destroyers and they would have kicked the Americans' arses  and won WW2  :-)  

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,693 posts
8,340 battles
2 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

You are mistaken here. You're only looking at the stats you can see in the game. On the Akizuki and other destroyers you have theoretical dpm. In practice you get much less damage because HE and AP shells will shatter against BB armour, so you get a fraction of the theoretical dpm plus the fires. 

But the problem with the Kitakaze is that its ammunition has improved penetration, better than other DDs. With IFHE, its tiny shells penetrate the armour plating of every BB.  Which means its practical dpm is nearly equal to its theoretical dpm (well, unless you miss your shots completely).  This is why it is totally OP:  the Akizuki may fire equally fast, but it can only hope to set fires. Most of its shells will shatter.  Not the Kitakaze. So basically you fire every 2.3 seconds, you do a constant stream of reliable damage, plus you set fires. No other DD can do this. 

In my most recent game, I was up against a Kitakaze in my Baltimore.  I was practically full health. I radared him,, came around an island promontory, fired two or three volleys into him hitting with most shells and taking a large portion of his health. But in the meantime, he killed me from full health. 

Which means that in a one-on-one battle, a heavy cruiser with a much bigger health pool and armour does not stand a chance against a destroyer. 

Can't you see how ridiculous this is?   I mean, I would understand if he killed me with torps, that's OK, but with those peashooters? 

Some WW2 tanks had bigger guns than the Kitakaze, for f*cks sake!

Basically: stoopid Japanese. Instead of building all those carriers, battleships and cruisers, all they needed to do was to build lots of the Kitakaze class destroyers and they would have kicked the Americans' arses  and won WW2  :-)  

Every japanese 100 mm guns have the improved penetration of 1/4, so Aki and Kita are same in that case

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, callumwaw sagte:

But the problem with the Kitakaze is that its ammunition has improved penetration, better than other DDs.

Kitakaze has exactly the same ammunition and penetration as Akizuki. You are the one who is mistaken here.

Though ColonelPete is kind of wrong as well, because Kitakaze gets reload module and therefore does have a higher damage output.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,693 posts
8,340 battles
On 8/26/2018 at 9:15 PM, Jack_Geary said:

Wargaming, what have you done. The 2 new Japanese DD's are way overpowered. How come they can destroy an Atago with just guns when the Atago is bow on in less than 1 minute?

What a joke. People will just get them now as they are to OP. Even your early testers said they was OP. Sort it out and stop making ships OP.

Bow on doesn't matter. HE Shells can't bounce. The 100 mm guns of every japanese ship "penetrates" with 1/4 of the caliber. That means 100 / 4 = 25 mm armor. Aki, Kita and Haru generally use IFHE skill ,so the penetration capability is increased by 30%. 25*1,3 = 32 mm armor

That's enough to penetrate almost every cruisers bow armor

On 9/5/2018 at 5:01 PM, Maihon said:

It's a wonder there's actually any room for engines, fuel, crew quarters, etc; at the rate these things fire they'd have to be just one enormous floating magazine :)

The shells doesn't need that much space. If you use 100mm x 10 shells widths and then 10 shells in the height, you get 100 shells on a 1m x 1m area. The length would take some more space. But you would only need a small storage room of a few meters to store hundres of shells

• Cool 1

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
87 posts
8,795 battles
On 9/8/2018 at 2:13 PM, Pikkozoikum said:

Every japanese 100 mm guns have the improved penetration of 1/4, so Aki and Kita are same in that case

Oh, sorry then, my bad.  I was sure the improved pen is just for the new DDs. 

So it's even worse than I'd thought :)   

Why on earth do Wargaming do that?  Why do they first give those ships pathetic tiny guns, and then mess around with the rules of the game to suddenly make those crap guns OP? LOL

And most of the testers said it the new DDs were OP.  Why do Wargaming even bother giving the ships to testers in the first place, if they don't listen to their feedback?  :( 

I can see this game is going down the same path as WoT, which had become so ludicrous that I stopped playing it. 

SERIOUSLY, guys:  100 mm shells destroying Battleships?  REALLY?   Look at the chase after the Bismarck: there was a whole division of destroyers chasing the Bismarck and firing at it, but somehow they didn't sink it in 30 minutes. 

Why? 

because destroyer-calibre shells CANNOT SERIOUSLY DAMAGE A BATTLESHIP. 

IF they could, no nation would ever build battleships if you can have 20 DD's for the same cost, and at a lower cost of maintenance. 

This game is becoming another science-fiction game, like WoT. 

(by the way, the fact that HE shells don't bounce in this game is also f*cking absurd - what, do they have fuses sticking out of them at every angle?  LOL)

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
6 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

Why on earth do Wargaming do that?  Why do they first give those ships pathetic tiny guns, and then mess around with the rules of the game to suddenly make those crap guns OP? LOL

And most of the testers said it the new DDs were OP.  Why do Wargaming even bother giving the ships to testers in the first place, if they don't listen to their feedback?  :( 

I can see this game is going down the same path as WoT, which had become so ludicrous that I stopped playing it. 

SERIOUSLY, guys:  100 mm shells destroying Battleships?  REALLY?   Look at the chase after the Bismarck: there was a whole division of destroyers chasing the Bismarck and firing at it, but somehow they didn't sink it in 30 minutes. 

Why? 

IF they could, no nation would ever build battleships if you can have 20 DD's for the same cost, and at a lower cost of maintenance. 

Yes, magic heals on BBs is historical.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, callumwaw sagte:

and then mess around with the rules of the game to suddenly make those crap guns OP?

Yeah, they never did that before. Oh, wait, German cruisers, battleships and British battleships. It's not messing with the game rules, it's balancing.

Vor 6 Minuten, callumwaw sagte:

And most of the testers said it the new DDs were OP.

I highly doubt that. Testers are under NDA and you will never know what they say or said.

Vor 7 Minuten, callumwaw sagte:

Why do Wargaming even bother giving the ships to testers in the first place, if they don't listen to their feedback?  :( 

Why do people talk about so many things they know nothing about?

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,693 posts
8,340 battles
14 minutes ago, callumwaw said:

Why? 

Well, that has many reasons

1. Why they do it? Because it's a arcaden game, it doesn'T have to be realistic. This game breaks many rules against any realism. One example: the speed is way faster than in realism, something like 2 or 3 times the real speed. There is one issue, that torps travel 10 km in lets say 60 s. That would mean that the torps move 10 km / min. In km / h you divide the min / 60. 10 km / 1/60 min = That are 600 km / h.

2. But this game is in some cases accurate, Akizuki had 100 mm guns, so it has those guns as well in this game.

Without the improved penetration, this ship would have many issues. At first it wouldn't penetrate anything without IFHE and even with IFHE it pens only superstructes

3. The last point is, that it isn't even unrealistic, because the penetration also depends on the shell itself. Beside AP and HE were many different types of shell, some kind of hybrid ap-he shells. Just imagine this ship would use those shells. Beside that, 100mm means also low damage per shell. Giving higher caliber would mean, that this ship would deal even more damage

This game is no simulation, otherwise nobody would play destroyer or cruiser, everyone would play battleships and carries. Carrier would start 50-100 planes and sink many ships. Battleship would use the secondaries to sink multiple cruisers and destroyers

:cap_hmm:

Sign in to follow this