You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

best buy for 750k free XP ?

65 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
617 posts

Hi skippers,

After eons of hard work  sailing  & savings, I am near to finish my pile of 750k free xp. I use an old school philosophy to never skip an ship / modules trough free xp "jumps" because one must learn things about a ship using not just the strengths but also the less pleasant aspects ( THE grind) - so I manage to save enough free xp...

I am at an cross road, I confess,  and I could really use the advice of some experienced  players like you: what will be the best buy for this amount, now or on close future ?

I already own the venerable Mushi, ( and I enjoy here a lot); 

Right now I see the only options are Kron and Nelson;

But I read some negative comments about Kron, and that.s why I wish to ask your advice - its worth or I do better wait some more for a better , future option ? 

( I do not like much Nelson atm, since I am on my way to upper tiers - my "struggle" now its often T9 & t10) , and when I need credits, I simply enjoy Mushi, a better money factory then Nelson, imho...

So, please, can you give me some advices ?

Thanks in advance to all of you, skippers !

[JRM]
Players
4,005 posts
20,443 battles

If u want sort of a  "low level stalingrad" or something really different from a normal BB or CA go for kron, if you want best bang for buck possible i d have to say - wait for jean bart and hope it comes as freexp...

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,309 posts
4,186 battles

Kronstadt is, in my humble opinion, most definetly worth it. 

Speaking as someone who scored a 152k damage game in her, 137k using the main battery.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
257 posts
3,074 battles

A life? maybe a girl/boy friend, both if your into that.

but seriously for me at least if i had that amount of free EXP i would wait for RN dd's

and while i know you don't want to skip any ships there is nothing on the market that is catching my eye apart from maybe the salam but thats coal not free exp

[JRM]
Players
4,005 posts
20,443 battles
2 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

but seriously for me at least if i had that amount of free EXP i would wait for RN dd's

Well not me m8, i am not skipping any of them it will be the long way up, need more dd practice anyway...

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
617 posts
4 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

in fact, I pass trough that "hard work" long ago,  got both of them, some decades ago.... I am an old man who enjoy ships :fish_happy:.... together with a couple of other old friends....,  aside that, do you think RN dds will come this year ?

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,309 posts
4,186 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Well not me m8, i am not skipping any of them it will be the long way up, need more dd practice anyway...

Ditto. Plus there are some real proud ships down at the lower tiers, case in point the Acasta..

Players
984 posts
4,733 battles
17 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

aside that, do you think RN dds will come this year ?

Latest rumours (unconfirmed because I can't find the source) says next patch, 0.7.9. That'll mean the high tier ones arriving during the current ranked season, which might be interesting.

Edit to add source - dev blog on the bookface thing.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Get Kronshtadt and save Coal for Musashi.

I think he said he's already got the Musashi.

@SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue, couple of questions:-

1. Have you played any of the Russian cruiser line already or do you plan to? Arguably at T9 a Captain trainer isn't a great idea.

2. Have you played the RN BB line at all or plan to? At T7 Captain training isn't completely silly.

I have the Nelson and the Kronshtadt and I enjoy both a great deal, they both have strengths and weaknesses and play well in the right circumstances. I'm not going to recommend one over the other as I really like both.

Players
984 posts
4,733 battles

As for the original question, I'm saving my free xp for the Kron., though as I don't play that many high tier ships right now I'm also using my free xp for modules on regular tier 8 and 9 ships. It makes the Kron. grind slower but means when I eventually get there, it might not be a port queen as my Missouri has been.

[SEN]
Players
617 posts

@ BeauNidl3

1 - I did enjoyed russian cruisers, I got some weeks ago Moskva - even used her on some ranked .

I did really loved DM Donskoi, my favorite cruiser.

2 - RN navy : I enjoyed a lot Fiji, not so much Edi ( my last acquittance on RN cruisers) , and on BB line I own Lyon and I am half road to Conq.

Both (cruisers and bb line ) are with 16-18 points skippers.

[WCWVE]
Players
972 posts
15,823 battles

If you have the Musashi already, I would opt for the Kronshtadt

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

After eons of hard work  sailing  & savings, I am near to finish my pile of 750k free xp. I use an old school philosophy to never skip an ship / modules trough free xp "jumps" because one must learn things about a ship using not just the strengths but also the less pleasant aspects ( THE grind) - so I manage to save enough free xp...

And here I clicked the thread because I wanted to advise against buying a ship with all your FreeXP in case you need to research modules :Smile_teethhappy:

Although I think I'll still give you this piece of advice. Not skipping ships on principle - ok, it is a valid idea for learning. Not skipping modules, though... The economy of WoWs is, unfortunately, that you get an inferior knock-off rather than the ship you researched. Not buying these modules doesn't really contribute to learning - it's just the necessary (if you lack freeXP) batch of battles in a ship that doesn't work like it should. It's ok to decide that you need freeXP for something else (or to just lack freeXP) but by deciding against freeXP module research on principle is just willingly handicapping yourself (and, by extension, your team). It doesn't mean that it's reasonable to fully research each ship you get - some modules are less important, some are even side-grades at best. But there are some modules that give you just straight-up better performance, sometimes in BIG ways. And it's not "the ugly side of the ship" - it's just that you initially get your ship with missing crucial parts and need to spend freeXP or grind in that incomplete ship to bring it to proper working condition.

It's a bit like with captains (not as severe though) - it's a good idea to spend elite XP earned with your 19-pointers or to use a premium ship to re-train a captain instead of putting up with one that has some skills cut in half and some perks not working at all. If you try to "normally" retrain the poor sucker, you're not experiencing less pleasent aspect of that captain - you're just using a cripple that hit his head while coming onboard his new ship and now needs lots of training or some special resources to recuperate. It's a good idea to help him return to health faster and/or less painfully :Smile-_tongue:

[SEN]
Players
617 posts
2 minutes ago, Strappster said:

As for the original question, I'm saving my free xp for the Kron., though as I don't play that many high tier ships right now I'm also using my free xp for modules on regular tier 8 and 9 ships. It makes the Kron. grind slower but means when I eventually get there, it might not be a port queen as my Missouri has been.

sad for me, when I reached first pile of 750k free xp,  Missou was gone and only Mushi was available...

Players
984 posts
4,733 battles
14 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

sad for me, when I reached first pile of 750k free xp,  Missou was gone and only Mushi was available...

When I decided to save my free xp for the Miss. I was up to about 300k when her removal from the tech. tree was announced. Lots of hectic grinding, using all my flags and camos, I was able to grab her just before the deadline. Since then I think I've played her 3 times and only because I've been div'd with someone who wants to play tier 9 as I don't want to be the guy dragging the team down and I haven't played regular ships in high tiers. But at least I've got her for when I have the experience and need the credits! 

I've played against a few Musashi and Kron.'s recently and the Kron. is on my definite list. Those rail guns are frankly ludicrous, the only 'downside' appears to be that it's not tier 10 so you can't use it in ranked.

• Cool 1

[-GBF-]
Players
765 posts
3,283 battles

Personally I would spend it on captain points instead of ships. (just spent a shed load of free xp and captain xp on getting Halsey to 19 points) 

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

@ BeauNidl3

1 - I did enjoyed russian cruisers, I got some weeks ago Moskva - even used her on some ranked .

I did really loved DM Donskoi, my favorite cruiser.

Should like the Kron then.

2 - RN navy : I enjoyed a lot Fiji, not so much Edi ( my last acquittance on RN cruisers) , and on BB line I own Lyon and I am half road to Conq.

Both (cruisers and bb line ) are with 16-18 points skippers.

No reason you would dislike Nelson, it's a bit different to the other RN BB's with the 3 front turrets and 16" guns, great AP, decent HE, T7 so the MM can be friendly.

You will likely like either or as in my case, both :Smile_teethhappy:

[SEN]
Players
617 posts

Captain points are not limited by time - ships are ( see Missou case...) , I lost Missou just by a couple of days, and that hurt me.... I do have more then a couple of captains at 18 points, and from this perspective getting last point seems not so much an impossible task like when I was on 10 points range... At least I am not so much scarred I will need another life time to get there :Smile_teethhappy:.... 

On the other hand, loosing an nice ship because was retired days before you could get her, its hard to swallow....

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
617 posts
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Should like the Kron then.

No reason you would dislike Nelson, it's a bit different to the other RN BB's with the 3 front turrets and 16" guns, great AP, decent HE, T7 so the MM can be friendly.

You will likely like either or as in my case, both :Smile_teethhappy:

I can say its sure will be  my target after Kron, then.... :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
2,109 posts
16,648 battles
Vor 49 Minuten, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue sagte:

Right now I see the only options are Kron and Nelson;

I do enjoy my Nelson a lot, and she used to print more credits than my Missouri (mainly due to my lack of high tier skill) but there's no denying she does get the weirdest citadels at times. Also maybe it was my playstyle but I seemed to eat a lot more torps than in any other BB.

What I'm currently doing is grinding captain skills, and for that much Free XP, that is what would give me the greatest enjoyment in times like this here free commander retraining week.

[SLAPP]
Players
892 posts
16,015 battles

Save your Free xp and wait for Jean bart/alaska release. We still don't know for sure if Wg will sell them for coal, free xp or give as a reward ship. 

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
16 minutes ago, quickr said:

Save your Free xp and wait for Jean bart/alaska release. We still don't know for sure if Wg will sell them for coal, free xp or give as a reward ship. 

I suspect a fair few people are sitting on Coal and FreeXP to see what happens for that very reason. I am for one.

I've no particular interest in either ship coming up as 1 is paper and 1 was scrapped very shortly after commissioning and an uninteresting service life, but they may play well in which case I'll look at the reviews and decide.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,728 posts
13,347 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

if i had that amount of free EXP[...]

Everyone "better" than me is a virgin, everyone worse than me an rtard :Smile_trollface:

Meanwhile in Warhawk's posh home which he shares with his third wife (because the first two were supermodels but this new one is even more beautiful) and 69 kids (which he can afford but fxp conversion is too costly)

Spoiler

• Funny 1