You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Do you guys remember when was last (and if there was any) discount on "Permanent Camouflage" that you buy with Doubloons inside game?

18 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,977 posts
12,638 battles

Hi all,

Do you guys remember when was last (and if there was any) discount on "Permanent Camouflage" that you buy with Doubloons inside game?

Leo "Apollo11"

[BYOB]
Players
3,944 posts
16,717 battles

There was one just recently, I think 2-3 months ago.

All tiers save 10th had a flat 50% discount applied.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I don't think I remember such a discount, unless you count accidental de-facto discounts (buying a camo for ship that gets her tier changed, leading to getting two camos, one possibly of higher tier than what you actually bought).

EDIT: Aaaand, seeing the post of my predecessor - it seems like I overlook at least one proper discount :Smile_teethhappy: Oh well.

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
11 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Right before the US cruiser split, which even allowed for doubling of camos as the line was split.

Basicly two camos for half the price of one...

[H_FAN]
Players
2,359 posts
34,468 battles

Golden week late april, bought mine 28 th of April. 50% off as stated previously T5-9. Bought several to ships that I played decently much or felt inclined to play in the future like Fletcher, NC, Fiji, Nagato.

But that is the only time I can remember. I see it as a wy both to imprive captains but also in the long run get 50% more Elite XP , like now when I have a 19 p on NC.

It is also saving premium single use camos, now to the point that I hardly get rid of them...

[BS4]
Players
1,157 posts
6,533 battles

39 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

There was some I think now a couple of months ago, managed to get them for the Eddy and Fiji so I guess it was RNL offer?:cap_hmm:

Is there a way of tracking when I applied these so as to give you a more accurate date if you need?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,977 posts
12,638 battles

Hi all,

Thanks for info guys! :Smile_honoring:

I am looking to buy the Perma Cammo for my new "Fletcher"... I am in love... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

It is very hard to find things on WG site... tthe news archive is cumbersome to say the least (and you can't search contents)... :Smile_hiding:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,359 posts
34,468 battles
6 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for info guys! :Smile_honoring:

I am looking to buy the Perma Cammo for my new "Fletcher"... I am in love... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

It is very hard to find things on WG site... tthe news archive is cumbersome to say the least (and you can't search contents)... :Smile_hiding:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/i-love-goooold/

Snipped the relevant part

perm camos from Golden week.jpg

• Cool 3

Players
5,311 posts
10,284 battles

I bought a couple permacamos during this event and am happy with most of my purchases :Smile_great:

I had wanted to get a couple tier 9 ones, but I didn't have these unlocked at the time so I missed out. But otoh the way that the high tier techtree ships are being nerfed, doesn't incite me to actually get a permacamo for any of them (yet).

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,977 posts
12,638 battles

Hi all,

52 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Thanks!

BTW, I asked the same thing on Reddit and found this exact link by myself few minutes ago (the Reddit post helped me to pinpoint the time)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
295 posts
1,653 battles

As others said before, there was a 50 cammo discount before US cruiser split. Used it to purchase Cleveland camo so now I have 2 camos for the price of 500 doublons (T6 pensa and T8 cleveland).

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,977 posts
12,638 battles

Hi all,

Now the question is when (and if) will be the next discount... I guess patience is the virtue... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,863 posts
29,380 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Now the question is when (and if) will be the next discount... I guess patience is the virtue... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Only been once as far as I know.. So rarer than a Solar eclipse

[CATS]
Players
21,751 posts
13,052 battles
18 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Only been once as far as I know.. So rarer than a Solar eclipse

We had at least one discount before that. That makes at least two, probably three.

Players
365 posts

Last time I bought permas for Nürnberg, Fuso and Aoba. Now Im sailing Roon, Amagi and Mogami. Would like to see another discount for permacamos

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,977 posts
12,638 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

We had at least one discount before that. That makes at least two, probably three.

Do you, possibly, remember the time frame of those older discounts?

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I am pretty sure the recent one was the first ever direct discount on premium camos, because that is when I bought my first premium camo for a silver ship because it was that cheap. There was a dubloon payback special offer before that which gave me 500 dubs for buying something I wanted in the shop - those I invested for the Cleveland camo which gave me two camos in the end for basically free i couldn't resist that.

Normaly I don't buy any premium camos as I see them as too expensive. (Harekaze catcamo does NOT count as it is the best camo in the friggin game :Smile_hiding:)

If you meant indirect discounts then you have to count every chance to get discounted dubloons ever.

Maybe you get lucky with the WoWS Birthday next month?