Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_RcmOkfI99bBx

French captains, get in!

22 comments in this topic

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

there isnt really anything special about the Lyon in terms of build... bog standard BB...

http://bit.ly/2BL71kz

You can also go for a bit more AA with things like BFT and AFT if you feel you get hit by CVs a lot

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,459 battles

Prioty Target,

Expert Marskman, Adrenaline

SupIndendent, BasicSurvivability

Concealment, Fire Prev.

Edit @Tyrendian89 :crab:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,970 posts
6,481 battles
9 minutes ago, patr1234 said:

So to skip level 3 skill, which level2 skill should I go for?

You can't skip a tier 3 skill in any way if you want to get a tier 4 skill. I would recommend getting Superintendent since it gives you an extra repair party usage, which is great for a battleship (or any other ship with a repair party, really).

That is if you want to get a tier 4 skill at all. Both Fire Prevention and Concealment Expert are extremely valuable on your Lyon though.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,326 posts
6,863 battles
15 minutes ago, patr1234 said:

Thanks... But I forgot to say I got a special captain. So he already has expert marksman and adrenaline. So to skip level 3 skill, which level2 skill should I go for?

The special captains DONT come with the skills. What they have instead is a "better" version  if you select those skills.

So if you want to take advantage of that better expert marksman/adrenaline you still need to spend the points to get them.

• Cool 6

Players
35 posts
8 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

The special captains DONT come with the skills. What they have instead is a "better" version  if you select those skills.

So if you want to take advantage of that better expert marksman/adrenaline you still need to spend the points to get them.

Ooh, so they dont exist actually, it is just makes the effect double am I right?

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
4 minutes ago, patr1234 said:

Ooh, so they dont exist actually, it is just makes the effect double am I right?

Yes. You have to CHOOSE them, so that they work. With special captain they work more effective, which is all the more reason to pick them.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
19 minutes ago, patr1234 said:

not double, just better. You can see the numbers ingame yourself :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,278 posts
7,360 battles

I use PM, EM, AR, SI, BFT, AFT and FP for a more brawler type build.

This is actually my Reppu build now but afair I barwled in Lyon as well.

So it is up to you what playstyle you chose.

• Cool 1

Players
2,109 posts
16,660 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, ImperialAdmiral sagte:

I use PM, EM, AR, SI, BFT, AFT and FP for a more brawler type build.

Really! That is interesting.

By my calculation, that gives you at most a 7.56 km secondaries range. And for that you need to sacrifice Aiming Systems Mod 1 in favour of Secondaries Mod 2, when the main guns already have yuge dispersion. Is that worth it?

I don't have Lyon myself yet, but can't remember ever having gotten that close to one. Either got blapped by her main guns some kilometres earlier, or I was in my Missouri and blapped her from still more km further out.

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

None of the French BB secondaries are worth it without IFHE, because you can not pen anything. that build is just waste.

I personally use(Republic) full tanks build, but instead of choosing fire prevention, I use IFHE, so my secondaries pen something from close range.

[COMFY]
Players
1,278 posts
7,360 battles
24 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Really! That is interesting.

By my calculation, that gives you at most a 7.56 km secondaries range. And for that you need to sacrifice Aiming Systems Mod 1 in favour of Secondaries Mod 2, when the main guns already have yuge dispersion. Is that worth it?

I don't have Lyon myself yet, but can't remember ever having gotten that close to one. Either got blapped by her main guns some kilometres earlier, or I was in my Missouri and blapped her from still more km further out.

Indeed and with legendary mod I sacrafice initial long range Reppu with more deadlier mid range Reppu. I'm still testing it with legendary mod but I quite enjoy such change.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,858 posts
7,188 battles
2 hours ago, Kenliero said:

None of the French BB secondaries are worth it without IFHE, because you can not pen anything. that build is just waste.

Not entirely. On the Alsace with BFT and flags 6% firechance with 2.5 sec reload is a ton of shells downrange that sets a suprising amount of fires on everything.

IFHE is still going to be needed to cause any real damage but you can still have a somewhat effective secondary build while grinding for it.

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
17 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Not entirely. On the Alsace with BFT and flags 6% firechance with 2.5 sec reload is a ton of shells downrange that sets a suprising amount of fires on everything.

IFHE is still going to be needed to cause any real damage but you can still have a somewhat effective secondary build while grinding for it.

Why on earth would you take BFT and use 3 skills in it just to boost reload a little bit, when you can put just 1 more skillpoint in, to make actual HE damage? Your secondaries do zero damage with those 100mm ones, since they can not penetrate anything at all. "Think old Akizuki".

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
3,309 posts
4,186 battles

PT AR SI (considering trading out for BFT) and AFT here. It works all right.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,863 posts
29,380 battles

shot-18_08.27_00_03.25-0917.thumb.jpg.9a1050e777540b61db5b9d2a3fc1f269.jpg

I use this build on my Alsace, Gastogne and Dunkerque.. Simply for fun and giggles. In a target rich environment it produce close quarters achievements.

• Cool 1

Players
1,127 posts
8,311 battles
12 hours ago, tank276 said:

Prioty Target,

Expert Marskman, Adrenaline

SupIndendent, BasicSurvivability

Concealment, Fire Prev.

Edit @Tyrendian89 :crab:

You can't go wrong with something like this, a pretty basic "tank" build. I tend to switch BoS for Vigilance, just a personal preference.

Good on literally any BB. 

I deviate from this if I specifically want to spec for AA and/or secondaries. Rationally I think it's not worth it on any BB in the game -- but secondary builds are fun and I run quite a few of them.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,858 posts
7,188 battles
9 hours ago, Kenliero said:

Why on earth would you take BFT and use 3 skills in it just to boost reload a little bit, when you can put just 1 more skillpoint in, to make actual HE damage? Your secondaries do zero damage with those 100mm ones, since they can not penetrate anything at all. "Think old Akizuki".

Because I personally can't stand secondary builds without manual secondaries. My current for fun Alsace build is PT-AR-BFT-AFT-Mansec. Without manual secondaries the accuracy is way to much spray and pray for my taste. And like I said it is a pretty effective fire starter even if the damage is non existent, and BFT-AFT gives you pretty potent AA if you happen to run into a CV.

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
Just now, ollonborre said:

Because I personally can't stand secondary builds without manual secondaries. My current for fun Alsace build is PT-AR-BFT-AFT-Mansec. Without manual secondaries the accuracy is way to much spray and pray for my taste. And like I said it is a pretty effective fire starter even if the damage is non existent, and BFT-AFT gives you pretty potent AA if you happen to run into a CV.

Secondaries aim at belt.... so what ends up happening is that with manual secondaries those 24 x 100mm guns hit BELT with better accuracy. You will never pen belt.

What is more effective is to get a little bit closer, say 7km instead of 10km and use IFHE to make more damage.

Sign in to follow this