Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
llHEROll

Dasha Uk and german commaders wrong

58 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[EIRE]
Players
60 posts
12,763 battles

is it just me or are the dasha commanders for uk and Germany the wrong way around,

eg the German commander dress look more British, and the British dress looks more German

wows.jpg

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,926 posts
51,653 battles
8 minutes ago, llHEROll said:

is it just me or are the dasha commanders for uk and Germany the wrong way around,

eg the German commander dress look more British, and the British dress looks more German

wows.jpg

Tweed not British?

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
19 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Tweed not British?

 

Silly hats not german, more like?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
684 posts
5,154 battles

Yes you are right this was the usual dress for the Brittish and below that for the Germans so lets suggest they change it accordingly:

 

ww.png

xen.png

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
2 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

Yes you are right this was the usual dress for the Brittish and below that for the Germans so lets suggest they change it accordingly:

 

ww.png

xen.png

 

Oh boy, Lucy Lawless...

They would never create Xena on this PC culture we live in nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,231 posts
8,055 battles
4 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Tweed not British?

65916.jpg

 

So that's how the British intelligence spotted German spies during WWII! Just look at these obvious undercover agents!:cap_hmm:

 

Seriously though, some quick Google searches revealed that the dresses at least fits loosely with the two nations (puns intended).

As for the silly hats, well...

1939dmz21-14.JPG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
18 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

 

Spoiler

 

65916.jpg

 

So that's how the British intelligence spotted German spies during WWII! Just look at these obvious undercover agents!:cap_hmm:

 

Seriously though, some quick Google searches revealed that the dresses at least fits loosely with the two nations (puns intended).

As for the silly hats, well...

1939dmz21-14.JPG

 

 

 

Yes people wears hats in every nation, would you argue that the brits do not wear hats more prominently than germans? And I ofcourse mean for "classy" events.

Ascot hat, I mean, germans do have the stahlhelm but, its not the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RSM-]
Players
3 posts
6,718 battles

I was expecting Dasha to attempt English Language in the role of a British captain but I spose that would of been to much effort, disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

 

Oh boy, Lucy Lawless...

They would never create Xena on this PC culture we live in nowadays.

 

If I remember right she was Bi-Sexual and that Redhead Gabriella was a Lesbian so... It's all fine and PC :cap_horn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
13 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

She needs a tash to be authentic imo.

 

bPQpp4j.jpg

 

You forgot the "british smile"

 

kate_middleton_teeth.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
1 hour ago, jimeoren said:

I was expecting Dasha to attempt English Language in the role of a British captain but I spose that would of been to much effort, disappointed.

Even if they had the idea that English with bad accent would be funny, it would be strange to just have one of the other commanders treated like this - and trying to record russian and English, and Japanese, and French... that starts to be REALLY a lot, basically - especially when most are not just non-native but probably unknown to her (I'd wager Dasha can speak English reasonably well but I'd be very surprised to see her knowing Japanese).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,234 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

(I'd wager Dasha can speak English reasonably well but I'd be very surprised to see her knowing Japanese).

 

 

There are only two acceptable Japanese English accents:

 

Spoiler

This glorious bastard

1744_v9_bb.jpg

 

 

And of course...

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,338 posts
13,081 battles

I tried the Dasha commander on PTS (the USSR one, of course) and I think the voiceover is actually pretty good!

The Russian captain one for some reason also looks like the most normal one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,126 posts
12,451 battles

Is there a way to override the Dasha voice in battle?  I don't know Russian at all.  I'd be in the market to buy a load of 10 point commanders but they're no good if I can't understand what is going on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
21 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I tried the Dasha commander on PTS (the USSR one, of course) and I think the voiceover is actually pretty good!

The Russian captain one for some reason also looks like the most normal one.

Well, for other countries they went with stereotypical/iconic female garment AND not being of the culture in question, they easily overlook the matter of it being truly appropriate for the period and occasion. It wasn't so easy to do with Russia (and the rest of USSR) since that's their own culture.

It's a pity that they didn't at least give her a fur cap or something.

220px-White_ushanka.JPG

Accurate or not - that would certainly look russian enough :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,984 battles

What was the purpose of the net from that hat?! :Smile_ohmy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
920 posts
11,130 battles
11 minutes ago, 22cm said:

What was the purpose of the net from that hat?! :Smile_ohmy:

It's a torpedo net - for torpedo protection, if you know what I me... no, no-no-no. Not again, myself, no!

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,886 posts
12,911 battles

By the way, is there any clip featuring the voice-overs of the Dashas?

I'd like to know what they sound like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,338 posts
13,081 battles
2 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

By the way, is there any clip featuring the voice-overs of the Dashas?

I'd like to know what they sound like.

I couldn't find any and that's why I decided to try on the PTS. I had tokens there (they hadn't been reset) and bought a Dasha (lol) and took her to battle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,984 battles
7 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

It's a torpedo net - for torpedo protection, if you know what I me... no, no-no-no. Not again, myself, no!

I think you re wrong, it s a small net, it only protects one eye. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,438 posts
17,697 battles
9 hours ago, 22cm said:

What was the purpose of the net from that hat?! :Smile_ohmy:

It's 'fashion' - it does not have to make sense.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×