Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadArchangel

Anniversary Event

279 comments in this topic

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, DreadArchangel said:

Well lets face it , its a bit of a wash out, best thing so far is the 3 video's wi  Dasha and Alena.

AlertBriefBadger-size_restricted.gif

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,460 battles
2 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

Well lets face it , its a bit of a wash out,

Do you actually all remember the original release party?:Smile_hiding: Do you?

Because .......

TuKf61l.jpg

and in that sense this is actually infinitely better. Not because its actually good or decent but rather because dividing by 0 isnt defined. :Smile_trollface:

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,043 battles

Yea the event is pretty lame so far. I don't get all the fuss about Dasha and Alena anyway. :cap_wander:

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,084 posts
7,189 battles

But that’s not all; we have some enticing gifts in store for you! More details will be unveiled on the day of World of Warship’s birthday, September 17.

(Source)

Maybe one should wait until the actual birthday before complaining about the lacklustre gifts?:cap_like:

If you ask me, this is more of "a trip down memory lane" with corresponding bonuses (commanders, patches, camouflages) than anything else.

• Cool 4

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,050 posts
10,824 battles
6 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

(Source)

Maybe one should wait until the actual birthday before complaining about the lacklustre gifts?:cap_like:

If you ask me, this is more of "a trip down memory lane" with corresponding bonuses (commanders, patches, camouflages) than anything else.

It's going to be 10 camos :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,972 battles
11 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

It's going to be 10 camos :Smile_trollface:

And one Damage Control Party Modification 1.

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,665 posts
11,783 battles
6 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

Well lets face it , its a bit of a wash out, best thing so far is the 3 video's wi  Dasha and Alena.

It hardly even started, though. We're in the preliminary stage of the event - the real thing will probably last around a week, not the whole month. So, let's enjoy our appetizer and wait - we'll have enough time to whine, complain and b*tch about WG's general stinginess once the actual birthday arrives and there's nothing (or little) more :Smile-_tongue:

1 hour ago, ironhammer500 said:

A 10 point captain is not much? WUT!

It really isn't. Yesterday I got a 24h premium (from Ranked). I hoisted some XP and captain XP signals, brought out stars&stripes camo that I got loads of after the last event and played significantly more than I usually do. So yes, these were the more-or-less optimal circumstances, but it was still just a single day's worth of WoWs and it's not like I played it like it was a job or something - mostly I've had an enjoyable evening of trying out my new Kitakaze. Playing with my 19-point captain, I've earned enough elite XP to bring a completely new captain to 10 points and still have some left over. 10 skillpoints is worth 183k captain XP if you start from 0. It might sound like halfway through to 19 points but in reality it's only a bit more than 1/10 (to get 19-pointer you need 1 708 000 ). So no, 10 points isn't really a big deal.

Which is, btw, why I don't understand the pricing in Arsenal. They want 150 tokens for any of the Dashas. Ok. But why are the Spaceship Captains priced exactly the same? They have no special skills, they have no special voiceover - you're paying this much for... ten skillpoints and a picture. It's pretty clear that they should be MUCH cheaper than Dasha...

Beta Tester
4,705 posts
10,926 battles
7 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

its a bit of a wash out, 

Wut? I don't see Joss Whedon involved anywhere?

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,569 posts
40,895 battles

Personally I like the Arsenal thing as it gives the opportunity to choose what you want, I have seen some calculations on around 400 tokens for maximum effort, that is two free 10 p captains + some more.

And my verdict will come after the birthday bonus which they have hinted.

For the RN DDs it is always nice with a few captains extra, for those that are not collectors the value of 10 pointers is perhaps less, but if you like me has kept every ship in port (now every ship apart from t7-10 Cvs and the new T10 IJN DD, the number of captains is always a problem, my goal is to have 10 p on every ship now, 12 to go incl. T1 ships + 22 (other nations) in reserve for future lines atm.

Do not know if I will buy any containers yet. 

OTOH I thought that the mission oriented items that it was last year also was fun, killing ships in StLouis, Wakatake and Nassau f.e.. that also reflected that years events.

I guess the massive number of dragon flags two years ago and all supercontainers for T10s last year which must be rated as great rewards makes you easily disappointed but let us wait to the day at least - are you angry for the poor christmas presents 2018 already?

Players
5,976 posts
11,354 battles

I had been hoping to receive the 4 premium containers from the campaign collection, but due to some mixup these are not coming, so I'm left with 180 fewer tokens then I anticipated.

I could really use some new captains, but will be lucky if I can get 2 new captains with the amount of tokens I'll be able to gather and I cannot gather all the oves available from missions (I need to be away from the game for a little while, due to unfortunate circumstances that I cannot neglect).

I've really considered buying some containers, along with the 10% universal discount coupon die to me playing 1 year...but it just seems to be veeery expensive for what I will receive and even then the coupon will only "save" me €6 or so...

And there's not much worthwhile for the time needed to be invest into the game, every free container is a lousy 8 tokens and I need 150 :Smile_facepalm:

It seems like a waste of time. I'll probably end up with a single Dasha and maybe the hzrzngh (the great) captain I had wanted to get.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
19 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

(Source)

Agree they are usual very generous when celebrating the actual day September 17... Think it will hard to top last year level.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
54 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I had been hoping to receive the 4 premium containers from the campaign, but due to some mixup these are not coming, so I'm left with 180 fewer tokens then I anticipated.

Campaign?

There's a campaign that gives anniversary containers?

What did I miss? :cap_wander:

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
1 minute ago, Bellegar said:

Campaign?

There's a campaign that gives anniversary containers?

What did I miss? :cap_wander:

Collection not campaign

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
2 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Collection not campaign

2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Doh, I meant collection :Smile_facepalm:

Haha ok. Thanks for giving me a heart attack :Smile-_tongue:

Still doesn't make sense to me though :cap_book:

Do the subparts of the collection give anniversary containers? Because (for me at least) it doesn't say so if I hover over the reward thingy...

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
12 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Do the subparts of the collection give anniversary containers? Because (for me at least) it doesn't say so if I hover over the reward thingy...

But you're right it only give you a super container when you complete the entire collection, sub collections is the new flags.

Players
5,976 posts
11,354 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

But you're right it only give you a super container when you complete the entire collection, sub collections is the new flags.

I ended up really enjoying the tier 8 permacamos from last year, especially the CM and Monarch ones :Smile_great:

Alas, the NO one I barely got to use, as it moved down a tier when I hadn't played that many battles with NO yet :Smile-_tongue:

Compared to a permacamo, 10 normal camos or 10 (albeit new) signals seems a bit lackluster. I had been hoping this would change.

1 hour ago, Bellegar said:

Iirc it had originally been planned with a premium 3rd anniversary container each instead of the 10 signals or 10 camos, but due to some error it never got swapped and the original (test) rewards had remained in place.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,613 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 9:14 PM, DreadArchangel said:

In which I was chilling with Dasha and Alena got pissed hence my avatar

Sign in to follow this