Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sisito0o

Dynamic map suggestion

18 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles

I know Wargaming doesn't take suggestions and even if it did it will be a good 1-2 years before the results come, but I wanted to share this just to see what is your opinion or what problems will you find with it more likely. Also has anyone suggested it before ?

Another arctic map but this time with movable objects in it, icebergs with size of small islands that move throughout the game, I won't make this post long by describing all the different situations and problems that movable objects may incur will keep it short and simple. But for all of them that I can think of solutions can be made easily or moderately, like pushing the ship outside the map or trapping one in-between

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 9:23 PM, Arakus said:

Icebergs don't move so fast, so no!

Ships don't travel that fast either or shells or torpedoes should I continue ? So if we are going to call some things arcade and not realistic why should we treat others differently ?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
Just now, sisito0o said:

Shits don't travel that fast either or shells or torpedoes should I continue ?

Sorry what? Are you high?

• Funny 1

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles
11 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Sorry what? Are you high?

How long it takes you to travel 20km in the game with the ship of your choice and at what ingame speed ? How long it takes for your shells to travel or the torpedoes, give me some numbers here so we can see who is high.

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
14 minutes ago, sisito0o said:

How long it takes you to travel 20km in the game with the ship of your choice and at what ingame speed ? How long it takes for your shells to travel or the torpedoes, give me some numbers here so we can see who is high.

By the way, what beta tester are you, not knowing such basic stuff, what was you testing for spelling mistakes ?

Erm, some basic facts about the game: this is not a simulation, measurements and scales are severely off.

Ships travel at about 20-40+ knots, which is not 20-40 km/h, google will help you know how fast that is. Torpedoes tend to travel at 50+ knots, again, google knots. Shells are above 800 m/s for the most part, there are severe gradients there so, take your pick.

Icebergs on the other hand move with sea currents, that even tho they can be really strong, for in game purposes, since we are also sailing there, will give it a 0.5-1 knot speed.

What part of the above is too much for you? Pretty sure you are about to moan about something, so dont hold back, we love laughing about people like you.

Just now, Major_Damage225 said:

However i doubt alot of players would like it because they'd have to use brain. exe and you know how many today do.

Hint: the OP did not use it either.

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles

I sugested this long ago, but i doubt it we be realised, i hope im wrong though, a dynamic map woud be a great addition as random moving icebergs would keep the battle and tactics everchanging. 

However i doubt alot of players would like it because they'd have to use brain. exe and you know how many today do.

:Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles
28 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Erm, some basic facts about the game: this is not a simulation, measurements and scales are severely off.

Ships travel at about 20-40+ knots, which is not 20-40 km/h, google will help you know how fast that is. Torpedoes tend to travel at 50+ knots, again, google knots. Shells are above 800 m/s for the most part, there are severe gradients there so, take your pick.

Icebergs on the other hand move with sea currents, that even tho they can be really strong, for in game purposes, since we are also sailing there, will give it a 0.5-1 knot speed.

What part of the above is too much for you? Pretty sure you are about to moan about something, so dont hold back, we love laughing about people like you.

Hint: the OP did not use it either.

I asked you to tell me how long in seconds it takes you to travel 20 km in the game with what in-game speed and you didn't answer. Also 0.5-1 knot sounds exellent to me, thats what I was thinking about when I wrote the post

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
5 minutes ago, sisito0o said:

I asked you to tell me how long in seconds it takes you to travel 20 km in the game with what in-game speed and you didn't answer. Also 0.5-1 knot sounds exellent to me, thats what I was thinking about when I wrote the post

And I gave you all the information that would provide you the answer, you are just too thick to make it work I guess? And no, I have no interest in finding out.

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles
36 minutes ago, Juanx said:

And I gave you all the information that would provide you the answer, you are just too thick to make it work I guess? And no, I have no interest in finding out.

Please do not spam in my thread anymore.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
20 minutes ago, sisito0o said:

I see no property signs, is this truly yours? Show me the papers.

Theres a suggestion thread stickied on top, I would suggest you to use that one(and follow forum rules), but something tells me you think you know better.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
On 25/08/2018 at 10:02 PM, sisito0o said:

I'm sorry what? This is a public forum. People have the right to voice their opinion in any thread they damn please. Your idea has already been suggested and is probably not going to become reality, at least not in the forseeable future.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

Think this idea has been discussed before and while it would be fun and have a welcome variety from the rather stale maps the conclusion was it would be almost impossible to balance. One team or the other would have an advantage depending where the ice roamed.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles
14 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

I'm sorry what? This is a public forum. People have the right to voice their opinion in any thread they damn please. Your idea has already been suggested and is probably not going to become reality, at least not in the forseeable future.

Of course, I too did voiced my opinion by writing that, in the thread I pleased, in this case thread I created, which according to you I have the right to do :P

14 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Think this idea has been discussed before and while it would be fun and have a welcome variety from the rather stale maps the conclusion was it would be almost impossible to balance. One team or the other would have an advantage depending where the ice roamed.

Thank you, that is a valid concern but nothing that can not be done given the good will of the game creator, now it's a different story whether such exists

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
On 25/08/2018 at 7:35 PM, sisito0o said:

Shits don't travel that fast either

Well that completely depends on what I've been eating or drinking the night before.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,749 posts
10,202 battles

The main idea from the OP I  guess is not icebergs moving around

but carrying your waifu island all around the map :)

I think he is imagining himself in his atlanta or cleveland.. .pushing an iceberg from left to right :)

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this