You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JeTBarionIV

A Shima claims 4 hits on my Mino [bug?]

25 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles

Hi all,

a Shima claimed he hit me 4 times with torps. He said in-game that he had ribbons [and that I was a cheater - :( ].

I'm going to post my POV [with blurred names!!!] and I'm sending him the link to this post.

Hope he can get screenshots too 'cause maybe we might have a bug in our hands.

Btw, I still haven't figured out where the "Bug Section" is. I was told by a moderator there is one, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.45.19.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.45.37.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.46.58.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.06.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.11.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.15.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.20.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.24.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.31.jpg

Shot 2018-08-25 at 18.47.40.jpg

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles
7 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

this doesn't look like a bug to me though and doesn't match up for server de-sync neither if I'm any judge.

Thanks tenacious!!!

Do you also know how to move this post to that section, please?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,160 battles

Erm, without looking at the images a lot, damage saturation?

Having looked at the images, what seems to be the issue?

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles

Not at all !! See my health bar. Plus it's a Mino we are talking about. With 4 hits from a Shima I would have been dead for sure.

Still the guys claimed specifically "4 hits i have the torpsign".

He made a mess in chat as he was obviously altered so I tend to believe him he has seen something.

Players
6,293 posts
10,521 battles
3 minutes ago, JeTBarionIV said:

Not at all !! See my health bar. Plus it's a Mino we are talking about. With 4 hits from a Shima I would have been dead for sure.

Still the guys claimed specifically "4 hits i have the torpsign".

He made a mess in chat as he was obviously altered so I tend to believe him he has seen something.

Unless he posts the screen from his POV im calling "salty captain" on this one. He is obviously pissed he missed you with his torps.

PS: Read about "damage saturation" as @Juanx said. 4 Torps wont kill you under any circumstance. Last week I hit a Kongo with a Gaede Torp for - 363 dmg. Thats right. And I once took a Torp with my Farragut while having something like 2k Health. Well, I still had 1k after that.

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles

Thank you,

and I will read it, thank you again.

Anyway, he didn't hit me. Not once. I've the video but can't post it on the Forum.

[JRM]
Players
6,234 posts
24,047 battles

Might be that some splash damage got through to count as "hit" (idk about 4 of them tho) or he hit something else

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles
4 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Might be that some splash damage got through to count as "hit" (idk about 4 of them tho) or he hit something else

Nobody else was close to me.

I was a bit burning but otherwise, no damage. And he said 4 Ribbons. 4 TORPS Ribbons.

I tend to agree with ForlornSailor.

He has the link to this topic now. Either he shows up or.... "salty captain".

It's just that doesn't make sense. Why throwing out a huge mess in chat, upsetting even his own teammates, for a bunch of lies?

[JRM]
Players
6,234 posts
24,047 battles

Well the torps could have sailed quite a bit further then you and hit something that wasnt apparrent, hovewer it could be splash damage from a torp blast that would do minuscule or even no damage but read as a hit however 4 of them? IDK

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,160 battles
4 minutes ago, JeTBarionIV said:

Nobody else was close to me.

I was a bit burning but otherwise, no damage. And he said 4 Ribbons. 4 TORPS Ribbons.

Dont believe anything anyone says on the internet, specially online PvP games.

Your pictures are clear, no hits off that salvo, so as forlorn pointed, "salty captain" it is.

Yedwy, the island is behid its position, those torps hit land methinks.

• Cool 1

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles
4 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Well the torps could have sailed quite a bit further then you and hit something that wasnt apparrent, hovewer it could be splash damage from a torp blast that would do minuscule or even no damage but read as a hit however 4 of them? IDK

Wow!!! That's huge. A splash hit with zero damage, but count as a hit!! And you wouldn't consider that a bug by itself?

OK, wait. Just got in touch with the guy in the in-game chat.

He reports it happened to him a few more times and that he re-installed the game.

[JRM]
Players
6,234 posts
24,047 battles

No its not, like a shell detonates in the water near you and shockwave knocks out your rudder but your armour and hp take no damage at all, him reinstalling the game shouldnt gave any influence on that since hits are handeled by server, its mot exactly common but stuff like that happens

Players
103 posts
22,075 battles
20 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

No its not, like a shell detonates in the water near you and shockwave knocks out your rudder but your armour and hp take no damage at all, him reinstalling the game shouldnt gave any influence on that since hits are handeled by server

I perfectly understand what you mean: a shockwave. But that's reality. In WOWS it doesn't make much sense IMHO.
And it might lead to this kind of "incidents" more often than not.

Saturated chats of: "I hit you!!" - "No you didn't..."

It may not be a bug and it was meant by WG. But, maybe it's too much.
Like the videos WG published about "HOW IT WORKS" [link below].

They showed that when HE hit something, even a rock, an invisible box is calculated around that hit and anything in it takes damage.
So basically you are suggesting that torps might work the same as I didn't received any particular hit BUT I was close to the beach.
So when the torps hit the beach, some non existing damage was transferred to me and the guys on the other side see a RIBBON.

Interesting...

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,160 battles
6 minutes ago, JeTBarionIV said:

So basically you are suggesting that torps might work the same as I didn't received any particular hit BUT I was close to the beach.
So when the torps hit the beach, some non existing damage was transferred to me and the guys on the other side see a RIBBON.

Interesting...

I very highly doubt this scenario, specially giving 4 ribbons. Torpedoes are not HE shells and there were not 4 torps exploding on the beach near you, 2 if any at all close enough.

Players
6,293 posts
10,521 battles
33 minutes ago, JeTBarionIV said:

He reports it happened to him a few more times and that he re-installed the game.

Make him post screenshots and the replay. Im willing to bet, he wont do it.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,716 posts
13,620 battles

OP why is this bothering you, there are no 'cheats' which can alter your HP or stop torps from hitting you, so just ignore the guy and carry on, what do you think he's going to do about it? send it to support and get an automated reply telling him to report it in game, which by now is far too late ;)

• Cool 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,083 posts
10,040 battles

Ad 1: Simplest. He lies. He couldn't hit you 4 times according to these images.

Ad 2: He hit something that wasn't you. Shima 20 km torps, anything can happen.

Ad 3: Server is crazy like many many times before and misinformed someone.

Ad 4: Replay is incorrect.

WHO WON? WHO'S NEXT? YOU DECIDE!

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
6 hours ago, Salentine said:

OP why is this bothering you, there are no 'cheats' which can alter your HP or stop torps from hitting you, so just ignore the guy and carry on, what do you think he's going to do about it? send it to support and get an automated reply telling him to report it in game, which by now is far too late ;)

There are cheats that can tell u where a torp is going, also rumors of certain clans using hp cheats are a thing, but its rumor.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,160 battles
6 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

There are cheats that can tell u where a torp is going, also rumors of certain clans using hp cheats are a thing, but its rumor.

Do you have any evidence for that "cheat" you speak about, or its the usual "cant be better than me, ergo cheats" kind of "rumor"?

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
18 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

is that the built in lead indicator and the team-HP mod you are talking about, or are you going full on tinfoil hat?

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles
On 8/26/2018 at 2:46 AM, ironhammer500 said:

i thought all the damage stuff and well basically all information is handled server side and the client basically just gets updated with the server.

modding/editing your ship to have 20 million hp would be pointless because though it might say 20mil above your ship on your screen as far as the server is concerned you have 70k hp and guess what once you took that as damage you will sink regardless of what your client is displaying in fact your client trying to tell the server you have xx hp when it knows you dont is a quick way for the server to flag your account.

it makes zero sense to allow the client to have much control of anything apart from where you are X/Y and where your aiming also x/y from that the server can cross reference your location to where hostile shells are gonna land(where they are aiming +dispersion/sigma) if they match up your hit the client dont really do much else and the server is kinda smart it notices things like teleportation around the map.

now yes there are aimbots out there that predict where to aim based of the direction and speed of the target but again even with that they turn as your shoot you will still miss. there are even some  mods that will draw a line from your ship to where your torp will actually goso instead of seeing a wide spreed you might see 4 red lines representing a torp each though personally i dont see how its much different to the big green one torping is best guess at the best of times

. both of which are banned and will get you perma banned if caught regardless of how much $$$ you have spent.

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,068 battles
On 8/25/2018 at 9:02 PM, Humorpalanta said:

Ad 1: Simplest. He lies. He couldn't hit you 4 times according to these images.

Ad 2: He hit something that wasn't you. Shima 20 km torps, anything can happen.

Yeah, I'll bet my money on these 2. First of all Mino simply does not have enough HP to even take 4 Shimatorp hits and live, it'll die from 2 or 3 already, Well unless you hit 2 on the bow or stern and there's damage saturation. From replay I think he dodged all of them actually. So unless the Shima-guy is just full of BS, then 2 is the likely truth. But then again, one can see all this from the battle results screen quite easily. Let's see the guy send a replay in and take a look, though somehow I suspect he won't. :Smile_sceptic:

PS. I have a Shima myself and some 900 games in it, this kinda magic never happened to me though admittedly I have only 10km torps. :Smile_Default:

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,083 posts
10,040 battles
5 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeah, I'll bet my money on these 2. First of all Mino simply does not have enough HP to even take 4 Shimatorp hits and live, it'll die from 2 or 3 already, Well unless you hit 2 on the bow or stern and there's damage saturation. From replay I think he dodged all of them actually. So unless the Shima-guy is just full of BS, then 2 is the likely truth. But then again, one can see all this from the battle results screen quite easily. Let's see the guy send a replay in and take a look, though somehow I suspect he won't. :Smile_sceptic:

PS. I have a Shima myself and some 900 games in it, this kinda magic never happened to me though admittedly I have only 10km torps. :Smile_Default:

Time to time I played Shima with 20 km torps and it sometimes causes interesting hits. Even I get torped sometimes in a BB by a 20 km Shima torp because you see the DD 18-20 km away and you expect the torp to disapeear but it still comes aaaand hit. So it happens. Like 30 sec after you died you can still hit things and if that poor bastard cannot repair he can even sink. It's 1 minute after you have died. :D Funny but very rare.