Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warhawk1984

Premium ships and ranked battles

should premium ships be restricted in ranked battles  

70 members have voted

1. 1. should premium ships be restricted in ranked battles

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't mind
    • Don't play ranked
    • wont play ranked when pay to win ships are allowed

22 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

its no secret that a lot of the pay to win ships, err i mean premium ships are op compared to the silver line counter parts (enterprise-lexington) to name just 1 so for ranked should WG make it silver line (tech-tree grinded) ships only? 

i have tried to make the poll as open as possible. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles

Frankly, yes, they should be allowed, but in general they shouldn't be OP. The issue with CVs is hopefully getting reworked with the general overhaul of the class, while for other P2W ships, thankfully T8 has few. Loyang is strong, but has clear downsides (low hp, mediocre dpm, crappy torps, no defAA), as do other premium DDs (Harekaze has even worse hp and underwhelming speed, Kidd lacks in torpedoes, Asashio is a meme), in cruisers, the the premium cruisers are similar (Atago and Hipper both trade dpm for survivability, Kutuzov lacks radar and has high smoke firing penalty) and T8 BBs are across the board similar to their silver siblings in utility. 

At T10, there only exists Stalingrad and Salem. Stalingrad cannot be paid for, Salem is a gimped Des Moines.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
17 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

its no secret that a lot of the pay to win ships, err i mean premium ships are op compared to the silver line counter parts (enterprise-lexington) to name just 1 so for ranked should WG make it silver line (tech-tree grinded) ships only? 

What you need to understand, is that the important part is the player.

If not, every belfast owner would have 100% WR in it, but its not so...

• Cool 2

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles
4 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Frankly, yes, they should be allowed, but in general they shouldn't be OP. The issue with CVs is hopefully getting reworked with the general overhaul of the class, while for other P2W ships, thankfully T8 has few. Loyang is strong, but has clear downsides (low hp, mediocre dpm, crappy torps, no defAA), as do other premium DDs (Harekaze has even worse hp and underwhelming speed, Kidd lacks in torpedoes, Asashio is a meme), in cruisers, the the premium cruisers are similar (Atago and Hipper both trade dpm for survivability, Kutuzov lacks radar and has high smoke firing penalty) and T8 BBs are across the board similar to their silver siblings in utility. 

At T10, there only exists Stalingrad and Salem. Stalingrad cannot be paid for, Salem is a gimped Des Moines.

the issue with CV's has been getting reworked for the past 2 years my friend WG should fix what they have before bringing out more lines, and yes while i agree with you on most of what you said i think you should be playing in ranked by merit (earned the right to be there rather than reaching into the wallet)

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
4 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Eh, Belfast is OP. There's little argument about that. The ship is not at 100% WR, but since when is the criteria for OP to have 100% WR? It does outperform most ships with the notable exception of Flint. And that despite being wildly played also by potatoes with no clue.

Players
2,989 posts
11,824 battles
5 minutes ago, Juanx said:

First off, there can be payfasts on both sides, so 100 % WR is impossible.

Second: That Bellfast allows any potato to crap on ships way out of his (skill)-league. Do you really think I got 75k avg damage in Cesare just because I am such an outstanding Battleship player while the avg. damage of a T5 BB is more like 30-40 k? Do you really think that, despite the fact I (mostly) stoped playing AP-Cancer ~2 years ago when I couldnt stand WGs brownnosing of them anymore? Really? Or could it be, that it is an op p2w boat and lets me crap on stuff despite not even having a 10 pt captain? 

I know what a skilled Belfast player can do - and how little counterplay is there to that.

Thats the potato-side covered. If some actually decent skilled wallet-warrior is using the payfast, there is little counterplay to that at all. Yeah that sounds mighty balanced.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,969 posts
16,841 battles

(Disclaimer: I have a lot of premium ships, so I may be biased, although my best run in T8 ranked was with Z-23 this season)

Nah - I suspect that the impact of premiums is largely (although not entirely) psychological on Ranked overall; most players will be merely average in most of them, so shouldn't unbalance things excessively. A really good player in a Kidd, say, may well wreak havoc, but the relatively lower numbers of such players probably don't result in the game being harmed much overall. Plus, with the current arrangement, such good players will tear up to ranked 15 in no time, at which point they're out of the T8 pool anyway (even a stinker like me has got to Rank 15 already)...

Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

And you got answer. Answer is NO by majority. 

Also 90% premiums are not p2w ships. On t 8 there is none. 

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
1 hour ago, havaduck said:

First off, there can be payfasts on both sides, so 100 % WR is impossible.

Second: That Bellfast allows any potato to crap on ships way out of his (skill)-league. Do you really think I got 75k avg damage in Cesare just because I am such an outstanding Battleship player while the avg. damage of a T5 BB is more like 30-40 k? Do you really think that, despite the fact I (mostly) stoped playing AP-Cancer ~2 years ago when I couldnt stand WGs brownnosing of them anymore? Really? Or could it be, that it is an op p2w boat and lets me crap on stuff despite not even having a 10 pt captain? 

I know what a skilled Belfast player can do - and how little counterplay is there to that.

Thats the potato-side covered. If some actually decent skilled wallet-warrior is using the payfast, there is little counterplay to that at all. Yeah that sounds mighty balanced.

What is AP-cancer?

Any good player will outplay most people in any ship, that still proves nothing regarding pay to win, you might be grasping at straws here.

Your previous experience has no bearing on your average damage on a given ship, nothing at all...

Want to keep trying?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

BBs.

Hum, for some reason Id expected RN cruisers...

AP cancer makes 0 sense for BBs, just a heads up.

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Hum, for some reason Id expected RN cruisers...

AP cancer makes 0 sense for BBs, just a heads up.

Play a Gearing or Z-52. Eat a Montana salvo. Tell me how you feel about that AP afterwards.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
19 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Play a Gearing or Z-52. Eat a Montana salvo. Tell me how you feel about that AP afterwards.

Like I made a mistake? Not too sure BB AP has anything to do with it tho, a full HE salvo from a cruiser will probably blap you too.

You seem ok with the fact that a single shell that could cut the ship in two, needs more than 1 hit to have any effect. Odd that huh?

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
2 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Like I made a mistake? Not too sure BB AP has anything to do with it tho, a full HE salvo from a cruiser will probably blap you too.

You seem ok with the fact that a single shell that could cut the ship in two, needs more than 1 hit to have any effect. Odd that huh?

Most cruisers don't reliably one-shot DDs at anything but point-blank range. BBs meanwhile can do it from pretty much any range. From a balance point of view, it is questionable whether BBs should be able to delete cruisers and DDs both fairly reliably and pretty much only have other BBs and the rare CV as counter (though BB AA gets ever more insane). Even WG themselves have tried to work on changing the silly amount of damage BBs can do to DDs.

And from a realism point of view, no, the shell wouldn't split the ship in half. Not that realism is a worthwhile argument when BBs can get like 30% hitrate, when IRL they had hit rates in the lower single digits. But you seem oddly ok with that, I guess.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

Most cruisers don't reliably one-shot DDs at anything but point-blank range. BBs meanwhile can do it from pretty much any range. From a balance point of view, it is questionable whether BBs should be able to delete cruisers and DDs both fairly reliably and pretty much only have other BBs and the rare CV as counter (though BB AA gets ever more insane). Even WG themselves have tried to work on changing the silly amount of damage BBs can do to DDs.

And from a realism point of view, no, the shell wouldn't split the ship in half. Not that realism is a worthwhile argument when BBs can get like 30% hitrate, when IRL they had hit rates in the lower single digits. But you seem oddly ok with that, I guess.

Erm, no, I never made any argument for or against realism, this game is arcade, nothing realistic here.

BBs can not realiably blap DDs from range, you might think that, but once every 100 attempts is not "reliably". The damage caused by AP to DDs should be revised indeed, but given WG struggles coding chat windows, I dont see them putting any extra lines of code in the AP ammo function like /ifithitsclass=DDthendmg20%aboverange6000

Players
1,373 posts

clearly no.more ships equals more variety and ranked is already lacking a bit in that regard, since one tier only.

are there OP premiums? well... yes and no. in the hands of a good player with a high point captain, sure. but the next one you meet in battle might be a noob who just bought the ship. i'd rather have the techtree ship and a skilled player on my team than a seemingly OP premium in the hands of somebody whose natural tier is at around 2. but if i have to settle with the noob, i'd much rather have him in a ship as fool-proof as at all possible. swings and roundabouts.

the only exception is possibly the stalingrad, since you actually have to earn that. so there's a too strong ship in the hands of somebody who's at the very least quite experienced. i wouldn't mind if they banned stalingrad from ranked and clan.

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
12 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Erm, no, I never made any argument for or against realism, this game is arcade, nothing realistic here.

Then why bring up:

25 minutes ago, Juanx said:

?

If it has no bearing on an arcade game, it has no place in the debate.

Players
535 posts

CV should be ban from ranked, they are banned from Clan Battles so I don't know why they let it i Ranked - every cv game is one team CV kraken other 0 or 1 kill, one cv 45% win rate other CV 65%  --- this is by far most retarded and  frustrating thing in ranked

• Boring 1

Players
5,261 posts
19 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

CV should be ban from ranked, they are banned from Clan Battles so I don't know why they let it i Ranked - every cv game is one team CV kraken other 0 or 1 kill, one cv 45% win rate other CV 65%  --- this is by far most retarded and  frustrating thing in ranked

I have so many ships AA specd that sometimes I wish for a CVs in a (any mode) game.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
29,015 battles
13 hours ago, Warhawk1984 said:

Will never hapen. The paying players are the ones that keep this game alive.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,292 battles
14 hours ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

So we're not aloud to be good in our class? Also I think they have banned cvs from enough things. Time to let them have some fun with des moines and moskvas with no def AA :) 

Players
1,068 posts
26,535 battles
15 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

clearly no.more ships equals more variety and ranked is already lacking a bit in that regard, since one tier only.

are there OP premiums? well... yes and no. in the hands of a good player with a high point captain, sure. but the next one you meet in battle might be a noob who just bought the ship. i'd rather have the techtree ship and a skilled player on my team than a seemingly OP premium in the hands of somebody whose natural tier is at around 2. but if i have to settle with the noob, i'd much rather have him in a ship as fool-proof as at all possible. swings and roundabouts.

the only exception is possibly the stalingrad, since you actually have to earn that. so there's a too strong ship in the hands of somebody who's at the very least quite experienced. i wouldn't mind if they banned stalingrad from ranked and clan.

Stalingrad is for...

No matter how experienced they are, the play style is disgusting like all radar ships, the ship itself is so completely over-powered, it's not even funny.

I just saw a Minotaur throwing 500 cookies at it, the guy spent his time (as they all do) going forward and backward hiding behind his little rocks, then pop up at the end of the game to massacre what remains alive.

If you guys have no problem with that, i do, but eh, it is possible to get use to everything, only my stomach won't take it, they can brush up their stats this way all they want, no respect from me.

Sexy-Seamless-Panties-Cat-Underwear-Women-Briefs-3d-Pussy-Cat-Knickers-Ice-Silk-Boyshorts-12PCS-Lot.jpg

Sign in to follow this