Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
miScx

Ranked introduction course?

8 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
38 posts
17,987 battles

Now before you rip my head off for suggesting something, and pointing out that I'm not a GOOD player.

I know.. I also know that my stats aren't impressive, and that I have yet to reach rank 1. Though I got close last season..

But I know how to stay alive in ranked, I the basics.. strategy, and that every ship matters.

Some just carry the team, and keep winning. I am not good enough to do that yet, and so I rely on teamwork to advance.

However, teamwork is far from present in Ranked. You rarely come across players who have a clue about what to do, where to go and HOW to do it.

Infact, most of the time I see half my team die within the first 2 mins. On which the enemy team already have huge advantage, and ends up closing the deal shortly after.

I am seeing Demoines rushing 3 battleships alone, battleships going far to wide and hugging borderline..

You know.. the usual stuf... -.-

Again I am not GREAT by any means, and I am not as such.. "blaming the team". I know it's a team effort, and I know my "role". I apply alot of the same tactics from clanwars, but none of that matters when you have yolo players with zero clue on what to do. Ofcourse I could try direct and give orders, but that only works half the time. Usually people don't listen, and I don't want to be .. THAT GUY.. lol

But..... could WG create an introduction course, 3 step program? Some sort of short MANDATORY training program, you have to complete in order to even play Ranked? Something that would go through the basics of Ranked, tactics with 7v7, and thereby minimizing the yolo plays? Because it's close to unplayable for a regular/casual player to get ANYWHERE in ranked at this state.

I've managed to kill half the enemy team myself, and still lost the match, it seems almost impossible.

(I know ranked is suppose to be a challenge).. And I welcome that, dont want it to be easy.

All im saying is.. its not even a FIGHT.. a match..

Screw the wins and rewards, just asking for a bit of teamplay atleast.

uggh.. it turned out to be a whiny post anyways.. I apologize for that. Really didn't mean for that to happen, wanted it to be constructive.. creative. -.-

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,191 battles

WG has been catering to the lowest common denominator for too long now, the dismal performances in ranked is just a reflection of it, and no amount of tutorials, that people would ignore anyways, can cure stoopid.

Conclusion, unless you find a "better" playerbase, your solution is no solution at all.

[B0TS]
Players
38 posts
17,987 battles

Hence why I want it to be mandatory. They can't enter RANKED mode untill intro course has been completed.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
4 minutes ago, miScx said:

Hence why I want it to be mandatory. They can't enter RANKED mode untill intro course has been completed.

That is still no failsafe.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,191 battles
9 minutes ago, miScx said:

What you fail to grasp: you can not force someone to learn or understand, or care for that matter...

[BS4]
Players
1,287 posts
7,209 battles
7 minutes ago, miScx said:

Trouble is I don't think a separate ranked tutorial/ranked introduction course will do any good.

You need everything you need to know from playing random. Just because there are 7 instead of the usual numbers doesn't suddenly guarantee you the iQ of the aver edge player just shot up! Comon sence and patience is just in short supply these days.

3 Clicks of the mouse and your through the training program!!

[B0TS]
Players
38 posts
17,987 battles

True on both counts.. Just figured it would be better than SOMETHING.. if you can reach just a few, it would be an improvement over nothing? no?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,191 battles
1 minute ago, miScx said:

True on both counts.. Just figured it would be better than SOMETHING.. if you can reach just a few, it would be an improvement over nothing? no?

And its good that you do so.

But we have players with 1500+ games that still wonder why their detection range blooms after firing, and that are not sure what builds to use on their caps when there is a wealth of information gathered thorugh the years in google, at their fingertips.

There is no fixing that sadly.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this