Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Prospect_b

What ships are you taking out in Ranked?

Ships  

96 members have voted

1. 1. I use (or intend to use) one single shipTYPE in ranked

2. 2. I use (or intend to use) one single ship in ranked

3. 3. My main class in ranked is

4. 4. The (main) BB I use in ranked is

5. 5. The (main) CA I use in ranked is

6. 6. The (main) CL I use in ranked is

7. 7. The (main) DD I use in ranked is

8. 8. On the enemy team, I most fear a decent opponent in a

52 comments in this topic

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,014 battles

Just curious what people are taking out - maybe even changing ships depending on specific rank?

I see a lot less hindenburgs for example.

I only tried moskva once and then took out wooster, cause I can mostly save star when team dies by killing DDs.

I might have to change ships when reaching let's say r10, depending if DDs get a little more brain.

(I left CV in the last question, cause duh)

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts

i played only 2 battles yesterday one in hind and one in mino both sucessfoul last season i mostly played hindi and most likely will end up doing the same this season

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,541 battles

Lo Yang, still 1 victory away from R15 after 2 battles played.

:crab:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Only 7 battles in Tier X MM thus far:

3 with Z-52 (2W/1L) - Main Line/Boat

1 with GK (1W)

3 with Salem (2W/1L)

Will stay on Salem, if you can't beat them, join 'em...

• Cool 1

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,014 battles
Just now, Mandalorianer said:

3 with Z-52 (2W/1L) - Main Line/Boat

Z might be the worst DD for ranked atm, even beating shima

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Especially since I installed the legendary modul!

58.5 sec torp reload is nice tho!

• Cool 1

Players
233 posts
14,830 battles
9 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Especially since I installed the legendary modul!

58.5 sec torp reload is nice tho!

Few torps and they hit low damage. I just changed Z to a gunboat, 3.2s reload, 3k max AP damage.

Players
1,280 posts
10,331 battles

Only planning to play a few games to get to T15 and get that flag and a bunch of signals.

Bismarck + Enterprise, most probably.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

First tried Worcester, but it can't really push and the BBs I got on my teams where craptastic, so I switched to Montana which so far gave me decent results.

Now however most people seem to be playing either BB or DD and I get loads of meh DDs (including a load of very enthusiastic Leeroys), so I might either switch to Yue Yang (not sure if radar or smoke) or perhaps go back to cruisers with Des Moines.

I know one thing for certain though, as soon as I get to the bracket where everyone plays their Stalingrad, Hindenburg it is (dat juicy 51mm HE pen bro).

• Cool 1

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,014 battles
10 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Yue Yang (not sure if radar or smoke)

If you'd go smoke, why not gearing?

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,234 battles
1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

How do you figure?

It might be lacking in torpedo damage and is a bit unwieldy when you really need to maneuver it tight spaces, but I find that it has good flexibility and the hydro gives it great DD bullying ability, on top of being faster than the average.

Not to say that the Gearing or YY are bad choices, but the 52 being one?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

If you'd go smoke, why not gearing?

Because those DWT take no BB prisoners mate!

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,252 posts
10,811 battles

My DD of choice so far (simply because it is the only one I own) is the Z-52. I have had terrible results, most of which are related to me not adapting to a Ranked enviroment and beeing overly agressive so there is that.

BB, Republique. It is just brilliant, fast, punchy consistent guns and excellent penetration. Protection is an issue but I can take it. Then it is the Yamato. And lastly secondary Kurfurst for the lols (for some reason I only won 33% of games but kept my star purely due to refusing to die and damage dealing, go figure).

And for cruisers, well I only really played the Zao. Zao is good but I mainly focus on Republique due to legendary grind. And because I got Hindenburg fatigue since it is my CW main ship.

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,014 battles
2 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

How do you figure?

It might be lacking in torpedo damage and is a bit unwieldy when you really need to maneuver it tight spaces, but I find that it has good flexibility and the hydro gives it great DD bullying ability, on top of being faster than the average.

Not to say that the Gearing or YY are bad choices, but the 52 being one?

Because it needs its hydro/smoke combo to have an advantage over red DDs. In this radar meta, that is highly questionable. Also, you mentioned torpedo damage, but I'd place the limited range as a more acute problem.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
8 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Because it needs its hydro/smoke combo to have an advantage over red DDs. In this radar meta, that is highly questionable. Also, you mentioned torpedo damage, but I'd place the limited range as a more acute problem.

Well I played mine the whole CW season and she's not bad! Before the legendary modules where a thing noone expected a Z to have a full torpedo build and many got suprised by the then 1:07 reload on torps.

I might be a N00b and an a**hole who can't even dodge torps all the time but I have a neck for torping enemy DDs in a brawl and in laying "minefields", e.g. blind torp people out of the game.

Yes the Damage on them is sheite and they're only 10.5km but they're f*cking fast (69knots) and you have a fast reload, even faster if you trade 300m concealment.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,438 posts
17,691 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Because those DWT take no BB prisoners mate!

Except that the Lo Yang does not fire DWTs.......

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,014 battles
13 minutes ago, Mandyxx said:

Wrong poll, no shima to vote.

Sorry for that. I had it in the first version, but I had to edit and apparantly forgot her. Thanks for noticing!

• Cool 1

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,014 battles
6 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

He was talking about YY...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
7 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Except that we're talking about the Yue Yang ...

Spoiler

InB4 those Pan-Asian DDs all look the same :Smile_trollface:

[TOXIC]
Players
1,132 posts
5,921 battles

Voted for Z DD but it's the Z-23 rather than the 52 as that's as far as I've got in the line. Just won my first battle after 6 losses, although I've finished in the top 2 in all but one of those battles where I ended bottom after the client crashed my PC. :Smile_sceptic:

Still, had my first win in the last one played and all I had to do was 90k damage, get 3 kills (2 DDs and a Tirpitz) and end with 2k base xp so how hard can it be, right?! :Smile_great:

I'm only part-way through the Roon so far, however, so if I reach rank 15 then I'll have to grind that for a while before I can pick up in the second half of the season, then I'll be in the Hindy unless I get a super container full of coal and can get the Salem sooner than I thought.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,234 battles
36 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Well the AP is certainly a deterrent, especially to the fat Gearing and YY.

I suppose that those two still manage to keep a more univeral and multipurpose aspect, all the while including a more teamplay oriented smoke. I can definitely see good clans in CB prefering the Gearing/YY, but in ranked? Z-52 is feeling right at home for me for the moment. Plenty of potatoes to be farmed with AP and quick reloading torpedoes.