Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Duncan_Carrier

Steel for coal

19 comments in this topic

[FMW]
Players
117 posts

When you purchase an item, but have not got enough coal it auto uses the steel and gives you a confirmation button to continue

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,890 battles

I am looking forward to when we can exchange coal for steel.

• Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,665 posts
11,782 battles
5 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I am looking forward to when we can exchange coal for steel.

Won't ever happen.

In games like these the conversion only works one way - from the more exclusive currency to the worse one. You can get credits for doublons but not the other way around. Same for steel and coal. Steel is much harder to obtain and can't be freely farmed, even in small quantities while coal even has a special container that drops some of it by default.

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,043 battles

I wish there was at least a campaign or something that would reward the player with some steel. Because players who are not in a clan or interested in ranked battles really get shafted here.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,820 posts
10,972 battles
Just now, ZoidFile said:

Because players who are not in a clan or interested in ranked battles really get shafted here.

People not playing World of Warships get shafted even more! :fish_nerv:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
3 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

I wish there was at least a campaign or something that would reward the player with some steel. Because players who are not in a clan or interested in ranked battles really get shafted here.

Agreed.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,569 posts
40,895 battles
7 hours ago, Duncan_Carrier said:

How does one use your steel to supplement a purchase in the arsenal with coal ?

Considering steel is so rare why will you want to do that? By taking MR as a container it is a reasonable influx of coal. I have no steel but I will stockpile the small numbers I get.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,092 posts
8,451 battles
6 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

Because players who are not in a clan or interested in ranked battles really get shafted here.

Steel is still fairly new, and if I'm not mistaken there was a random battle mission a while back where you could get something like 500-1000 steel. So it is fairly safe to say that there will pop up steel missions in the future. Or you could get supercontainers and hope for the best:Smile-_tongue:

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
2 hours ago, ollonborre said:

if I'm not mistaken there was a random battle mission a while back where you could get something like 500-1000 steel

No. Either it didn't exist or it was gated somehow. The only ways to get steel besides SCs are Ranked and CW.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, rnat said:

No. Either it didn't exist or it was gated somehow. The only ways to get steel besides SCs are Ranked and CW.

Nah, I think he is right. There was right after the release something besides that "get 20k coal" Mission...

[JRM]
Players
6,315 posts
24,210 battles

Hrmpf i dont remember getting any steel before this season of ranked started, got loads of coal in "coal for oil" but nothing else

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
2 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Nah, I think he is right. There was right after the release something besides that "get 20k coal" Mission...

Could you provide any evidence ? Apart from the steel credited for previous ranked and CW seasons nothing further was granted afik.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Hrmpf i dont remember getting any steel before this season of ranked started, got loads of coal in "coal for oil" but nothing else

It was a mission and it was only 250 or so...

FlawedSoggyIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.gi

...now you made me doubt that aswell... :etc_red_button:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, rnat said:

Could you provide any evidence ? Apart from the steel credited for previous ranked and CW seasons nothing further was granted afik.

Well, last CW season was the first I ever played. I finished all Missions for the 2 lowest leagues and I had at the end, before Ranked started 3000 steel. And I think to remember that you got 1000 for the lowest and 1500 for the 2nd lowest league.

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
Just now, Mandalorianer said:

Well, last CW season was the first I ever played. I finished all Missions for the 2 lowest leagues and I had at the end, before Ranked started 3000 steel. And I think to remember that you got 1000 for the lowest and 1500 for the 2nd lowest league.

Bronze league was worth 1k steel (500 for pt 2+500 for finishing) , silver was worth 2k (500 for pt 1, 750 each for pt 2 and finishing it).

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/clan-vs-clan-season-3/#combat-missions-leagues

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, rnat said:

Bronze league was worth 1k steel (500 for pt 2+500 for finishing) , silver was worth 2k (500 for pt 1, 750 each for pt 2 and finishing it).

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/clan-vs-clan-season-3/#combat-missions-leagues

Math never was my strong side... Thanks for correcting me.

12km5w.jpg

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,092 posts
8,451 battles
1 hour ago, rnat said:

Upon closer inspection it seems you are right. Still I wonder where that first amount of steel came from then since I did not play CW at the time... Oh well it could just be my memory playing tricks on me.

[AAO]
Players
1,546 posts
20,647 battles
8 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Still I wonder where that first amount of steel came from

Previous ranked or cw seasons ?

Sign in to follow this