PSA: Anniversary Collection

41 comments in this topic

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,498 posts
10,378 battles

Captains,

Today you were able to start the new collection dedicated to WoWs 3rd anniversary, however, we've found that the rewards are different to what we originally stated they would be.

We announced initially in previous articles ( https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/all-about-collections/#new-collection and  https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-078-wows-birthday/#collection) that for each sub-collection they will get an "Anniversary" Premium container. 

However, on the live server rewards are:
•    10 World of Warships Anniversary expendable camouflages for first sub-collection
•    10 Basilisk signals for second
•    10 Scylla signals for third
•    10 Leviathan signals for last

We can’t change the current rewards as it would require an additional update and disruption to the live server – so we have come up with an alternative solution.

Moving forward we will:
•    Fix our article and put the correct rewards.
•    Compensate all players who logged in or will log in to the game today with one day of premium.

As some players might have already bought Premium Anniversary containers to finish their collection, we will compensate them with 1 additional container per 5 purchased containers, limited to maximum amount of 4 extra containers (so up to 20 containers purchased max).. This will apply until the end of day today (24/08/2018) and is going to be credited by the end of Monday (27/08/2018).

We understand that patch notes are a very important part of our game where we publish the most important information. We try to avoid any mistakes in this publication but unfortunately things slip through the net from time to time. 

We are really sorry for the incorrect information regarding the rewards.
You can get your one day of premium on Monday 27th August after 12:00 UTC from the following links: 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/userbonus/

Action Stations!

• Cool 4

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
403 posts
10,226 battles

Do we need to buy a premium container to start collecting stuff like in the other collections?

Players
4,046 posts
28 minutes ago, aquiles7389 said:

Do we need to buy a premium container to start collecting stuff like in the other collections?

Every normal anniversary container, the type we can earn ingame, contains a piece of the collection.

There are currently two recurring missions to earn up to three of those normal containers per day.

• Cool 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
14 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

worked now for me

ok, wont try it now though, because it would waste most of it since i cant play tomorrow :Smile_sad:

Hope it works tomorrow in the evening :fish_book:

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,498 posts
10,378 battles
58 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

ok, wont try it now though, because it would waste most of it since i cant play tomorrow :Smile_sad:

Hope it works tomorrow in the evening :fish_book:

Doublechecked - you certainly are on the list. It is possible that even though back end already showed the entire list (a LOT of people ;)) processed, the front end did not catch up to it yet  let us know tomorrow if it worked :)

[GTR]
Players
289 posts
21,713 battles

I don't want to sound greedy nor ungrateful, but the value of one premium day is way less than the one of the 4 containers. I mean: you buy those for the tokens, right? Just my 2 cents.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,125 posts
12,425 battles

I bought 30 containers and boy do I feel like I've been screwed over.

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
261 posts
3,495 battles

I bought 25 containers in total in 3 separate transactions yet have only been credited with 3. Having already completed the collection I don’t see what use these are to me anyway (I’ve only just seen the email and the link to this forum post!)

Bit disappointed with WG considering how much I spend with you!

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,995 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, SlingaDing sagte:

I bought 25 containers in total in 3 separate transactions

and all on Friday?

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,995 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, SlingaDing sagte:

I received the email from WG last night

the point is when did you buy the 25 containers? You only get the additional "compensation" containers for containers bought on Friday...

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,995 posts
Vor 29 Minuten, SlingaDing sagte:

15 on Friday, 5 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. 

so everything fine then...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
On 8/24/2018 at 7:06 PM, Tuccy said:

We can’t change the current rewards as it would require an additional update and disruption to the live server – so we have come up with an alternative solution.

Moving forward we will:
•    Fix our article and put the correct rewards.
•    Compensate all players who logged in or will log in to the game today with one day of premium.

So... basically WG decided that giving people these containers was too good of a deal, all these Tokens and all that - but failed to communicate it to the people writing the article based on original plans. And then we're getting a day premium as "oh, well, sorry for accidentally promising you stuff we don't really want to give you afterall" hush gift.

I mean, yeah, it's not like I won't finish the collection anyway, not to mention the special signals are special signals in the end - these are nice and all. And it's basically free stuff for just playing the game anyway, to "yay", I guess. Still, that's a... peculiar way of celebrating birthday with your players :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
20 hours ago, Tuccy said:

Doublechecked - you certainly are on the list. It is possible that even though back end already showed the entire list (a LOT of people ;)) processed, the front end did not catch up to it yet  let us know tomorrow if it worked :)

Yep, worked fine now :Smile_medal:

Players
107 posts
441 battles
On 8/24/2018 at 9:27 PM, Egoleter said:

Every normal anniversary container, the type we can earn ingame, contains a piece of the collection.

There are currently two recurring missions to earn up to three of those normal containers per day.

I am only getting one mission per day, how do you get up to three?

[S-D-S]
Players
3 posts
12,536 battles

It's typical wargaming ... first mix up the Patch Notes and than mix up the Player with 1 Day Premium ....

And they say: "Sorry guys and girls, this won't happen again"

I say, it will happen again and again .... like it happen in the past.

And why does Wargaming only post this in the Forum?

Why not on the Homepage?

So that everone can claim the mighty "1 Day Prem".

Players
4,046 posts
17 hours ago, DexterManley said:

I am only getting one mission per day, how do you get up to three?

While @Klopirat already posted the link let me post it here in clear text as well, in case someone else misses it.

There are two missions. One mission is only running from friday to sunday (Weekend Madness). That one mission can be completed twice per day and amount for two of the three containers that I mentioned in my previous post. This mission will repeat for the next three upcoming weekends.

Right now we only have one mission left (Lucky 3) for a single container per day. This mission will repeat daily until September 17. Please not that there will most likely not be a new mission on that date. Wargaming usually ends their missions in the early morning, not at midnight.

This will allow us to earn one container monday to thursday and three containers on friday to sunday until the above mentioned date. The total amount of containers earnable that way is 47. 23 days the event is running plus four weekends with 6 earnable extra containers.

In total that will be 376 tokens we can earn ingame for patches, camos and signals by those missions alone. If that will be all missions, or if there are other ways to earn such containers, we can expect in that timeframe remains to be seen.

Even if you only draw duplicates after the first collection item, you will have enough of them to complete the collection if you earn at least 46 of those containers.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,156 battles
21 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Even if you only draw duplicates after the first collection item, you will have enough of them to complete the collection if you earn at least 46 of those containers.

You have to be truly unlucky though to draw the same collection item out of a 16 piece collection 46 times in a row.

• Funny 1

Players
639 posts
15,136 battles

Whe the Anniversary Collection was announced it said that when the collection would be complete the player would recieve a supercontainer.

I DID COMPLETE the collection. WHERE IS MY SUPERCONTAINER?