Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Are we getting less and less special flags per buck?

14 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles

Hello comrades!

Seems to me that we are getting less and less bang for our bucks regarding the purchases of various premium crates from the shop.

Can anyone who remembers the containers of the past and their includings deny or conirm that?

It certainly was the case with Freedom containers yielding more flags compared to Go Navy containers. And now we get like 8 flags per container (on average) with the Third Anniversary.

Not to mention the new flags are way worse than the old ones (in my opinion).

[SHAFT]
Players
9,498 posts
8,838 battles

You could argue that way, that you get also 45 anniversary tokens which equal 7,5 from the new flags, since you get 5 for 30 tokens.

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,160 battles

Weel, I don't like much the new flags either. BUT I tested the theory by buying a couple of Yamamoto Containers and the other one yielded the same 12 Ouriboros as it could have before and the other one 24 Hydras, so it still seems legit (or at the least that's what I always got from those anyways - either 12 or 24 randomly). :Smile_Default:

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
43 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Weel, I don't like much the new flags either. BUT I tested the theory by buying a couple of Yamamoto Containers and the other one yielded the same 12 Ouriboros as it could have before and the other one 24 Hydras, so it still seems legit (or at the least that's what I always got from those anyways - either 12 or 24 randomly). :Smile_Default:

I wish I could calculate the actual euro price per flag ratio, but I simply cannot switch from my currency (CZK) to eur.
Would anyone be willing to provide the price of the containers in euros (Yamamamoto, Bismarck, GoNavy, Freedom and Anniversary)?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,764 battles

The new flags are not overwhelming compared to the old "dragon" set, yes. HOWEVER due to the way XP stacks, the new flags (that just appeared so you can't have a stack lying around from before) can be combined with the old ones for OBSCENE amounts of free XP.

Anyway, while I might not remember clearly the old containers from ages past (and could, therefore, be wrong) the thing isn't that now we (well, those of us who spend money on containers) are getting less than usual but rather that the freedom containers were obscenely rich in special signals. These supposedly few and far between special signals were falling out in guaranteed packets of 20. It's hardly surprising that WG decided to tone it down.

Also, notice that the main item is supposed to be these 45 tokens that are worth an extra 7,5 new special signal (15 signals for 2 crates) that you can pick (instead of being handed that damned useless Wyvern AGAIN AND AGAIN) OR 9 of the stronk +100XP/100freeXP camo.

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,160 battles

@BlixiesYamamoto is 13.50 euros for a set of 5 containers.:Smile_Default: Usually they contain 12 signals and 2 collectibles, but every once-in-a-while you get one with 24. No idea how often that happens tho... :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

The new flags are not overwhelming compared to the old "dragon" set, yes. HOWEVER due to the way XP stacks, the new flags (that just appeared so you can't have a stack lying around from before) can be combined with the old ones for OBSCENE amounts of free XP.

Anyway, while I might not remember clearly the old containers from ages past (and could, therefore, be wrong) the thing isn't that now we (well, those of us who spend money on containers) are getting less than usual but rather that the freedom containers were obscenely rich in special signals. These supposedly few and far between special signals were falling out in guaranteed packets of 20. It's hardly surprising that WG decided to tone it down.

Also, notice that the main item is supposed to be these 45 tokens that are worth an extra 7,5 new special signal (15 signals for 2 crates) that you can pick (instead of being handed that damned useless Wyvern AGAIN AND AGAIN) OR 9 of the stronk +100XP/100freeXP camo.

Yes I do agree completely. I also remember packing my account with obscene amount of flags last Halloween.

The thing I hate on these new flags is that they combine credit and XP earnings. I don't wanna use credit boosting flags while leveling new lines (I wanna reserve those for Missoury, obviously) - and by the same token I feel no need to boost my XP income on my credit grinding ships.

It just triggers my need for efficiency :(

Another thing is, I just dont have the space to put all these XP stacking flags on, gotta use regular flags as well. The jack-of-all-trades flags are just not so good.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,764 battles
45 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Yes I do agree completely. I also remember packing my account with obscene amount of flags last Halloween.

The thing I hate on these new flags is that they combine credit and XP earnings. I don't wanna use credit boosting flags while leveling new lines (I wanna reserve those for Missoury, obviously) - and by the same token I feel no need to boost my XP income on my credit grinding ships.

It just triggers my need for efficiency :(

Another thing is, I just dont have the space to put all these XP stacking flags on, gotta use regular flags as well. The jack-of-all-trades flags are just not so good.

I might have a warped perspective as While I'm rarely getting above 30 million credits, I can't remember ever being short of money. I've farmed a lot Go Navy points in t10 coop (can be done with minimum brain activity while doing other things at the same time) and then bought and equipped Kitakaze and it's still not enough to make me conscious about credits. And if I ever find myself with any problem - well, I don't even need to bring out my Missouri, I have so many ships that I'll probably never use again and before that: I've heard that you can sell obsolete modules for your silver ships... and I've never really bothered to check that out, so there should be some credits frozen there too.

In the end all the economic bonuses that don't have "XP" somewhere in their name might just as well not exist for me :Smile_teethhappy:

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
8 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I might have a warped perspective as While I'm rarely getting above 30 million credits, I can't remember ever being short of money. I've farmed a lot Go Navy points in t10 coop (can be done with minimum brain activity while doing other things at the same time) and then bought and equipped Kitakaze and it's still not enough to make me conscious about credits. And if I ever find myself with any problem - well, I don't even need to bring out my Missouri, I have so many ships that I'll probably never use again and before that: I've heard that you can sell obsolete modules for your silver ships... and I've never really bothered to check that out, so there should be some credits frozen there too.

In the end all the economic bonuses that don't have "XP" somewhere in their name might just as well not exist for me :Smile_teethhappy:

Yes, well you have over 10k battles - I think you are more of an exception regarding the credits :) While I do not suffer from poverty credit-wise myself, my inner urge to maximise the profit (be it credit farming on my premiums, or XP gains on my leveling ships) is very strong. But that's just my problem, nothing more.

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,160 battles

Well, personally I have 786.806.377 extra credits at the moment, so I am not concerned about that BUT I do have a whole bunch of inept Captains in dire need of building up their skills, so I am rather more interested in those flags (and camos) that boost the Captain XP for the time being at the least. :cap_money::cap_old:

Players
3,338 posts
16,088 battles
12 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well, personally I have at the moment 786.806.377 extra credits at the moment

Falls over in shock.

There isn't THAT much money in the whole game...surely! :Smile_teethhappy:

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,160 battles
11 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Falls over in shock.

There isn't THAT much money in the whole game...surely! :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, wish I could cash it all in... 1 to 1 exchange ratio would do quite nicely... :Smile_Default:

Would still only be just barely enough pocket change to cover my wife's weekend shopping spree tho...:Smile_sad: And even after that she wouldn't have anything to wear...:Smile_sceptic:HOW THE HE*LL DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN !?:cap_fainting:

Players
5,976 posts
11,316 battles
27 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Yes, well you have over 10k battles - I think you are more of an exception regarding the credits :) While I do not suffer from poverty credit-wise myself, my inner urge to maximise the profit (be it credit farming on my premiums, or XP gains on my leveling ships) is very strong. But that's just my problem, nothing more.

You could see it as a speedboost for to receive your daily crates a bit faster while also getting a bit of extra ecxp :Smile_great:

I do agree that the new ones are not as impressive as the 5 older ones. I do need credits though atm, I'm kinda broke :Smile_teethhappy:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,764 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Yes, well you have over 10k battles - I think you are more of an exception regarding the credits :)

Even at my beginnings I never felt pressed for credits, though. If anything, it might have more to do with my tendency to play ships I like instead of grinding new lines for the sake of grinding them :Smile-_tongue:

...we're going deeper and deeper into offtop, aren't we.

Sign in to follow this