Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Episparh

4k doublons for Scharnhorst Artic camo

40 comments in this topic

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles

Hello all, 

I was hoping to get that camo as it really looks really cool, however the price is way too higher for just a skin replacement as it gives nothing in addition to the standard perma camo. 

So, I want to ask you, do I miss something or is it just overrated price for visual? As my practical character part takes prevalence and saying that it does not worth it. 

• Cool 1

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,169 posts
23,665 battles

You can buy the new one for 1k.

The Arctic camo was winnable in mission some time ago.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,178 posts
12,633 battles

You miss that it actually costed 0 since it was part of a event . They only now offer anybody how didnt did it a chance to get it for money. If any cosmetic is worth your money is your own decission......

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
4 minutes ago, 22cm said:

The discounts are already applied to other 2 or 3 perma camos for Scharnhorst - they are 1k each. However Artic is not - its offered for 4k only. 

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
4 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

You miss that it actually costed 0 since it was part of a event . They only now offer anybody how didnt did it a chance to get it for money. If any cosmetic is worth your money is your own decission......

Oh, that makes 4k even more unreasonable price. 

Players
101 posts
5,826 battles

Was a reward for the very end of DoY campaign. Was a PITA to get, many bad tasks (torp hits with Brit ships anyone?) and  since the entire campaign was pretty worthless to me EXCEPT the Scharncamo.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,115 posts
8,941 battles
2 minutes ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

Was a reward for the very end of DoY campaign. Was a PITA to get, many bad tasks (torp hits with Brit ships anyone?) and  since the entire campaign was pretty worthless to me EXCEPT the Scharncamo.

It wasn't really that difficult of a campaign....I just skipped the tasks in UK ships since I didn't have any

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,169 posts
23,665 battles

You can get a free Arctic camo for Edinburgh now.

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
3 minutes ago, 22cm said:

You can get a free Arctic camo for Edinburgh now.

First thing I will do.

However, I like Scharnhorst's also. I would pay 1k for it right away... But 4k for t7 camo which bonuses I already have is surely a no go signal. The T10 perma camos that have significant better bonuses and utility are 5k. 

Players
295 posts
1,713 battles
On 27/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, SeeteufeI said:

Sea-Group

It's time to save money for your waifu's new dress (

Balance Changes

Z23 Changed AA configuration
A Hull: 2×2 37mm SK/C30, range 3.5km, dps 5.2; 6×1 20mm Flak38, range 2.0km, dps 18
B Hull: 4×2 37mm Flak M42, Range 3.5km, dps 41.2; 4×4 20mm Flak38, range 2.0km, dps 24; 2×2 20mm Flak38, range 2.0km, dps 8.4

Stalingrad Type I
Citadel damage can now be restored by 33% (used to be 10%)

Stalingrad Type II
Removed HE. The AP now has american cruiser's bounce angle; fuse delay decreased from 0.033 seconds to 0.022 seconds; detonate threshold decreased from 51mm to 34mm; sigma increased from 2.05 to 2.25; max dispersion function is same as german BB's
Rudder shift time dropped from 15.08 seconds to 12.54 seconds.
Citadel damage can now be restored by 33% (used to be 10%)

Camouflage and skin changes

Consumable camouflage
Wows anniversary camouflage:
The price rises from 50 doubloons to 55 doubloons; add +100% free exp effect

Basketball camouflage type 1:
The price changed from 22500 credits to 85 doubloons; add +150% exp effect

Basketball camouflage type 2:
The price changed from 22500 credits to 85 doubloons; add +100% captain exp, +100% free exp, +125% exp effect

Basketball camouflage Type 3:
The price changed from 22500 credits to 85 doubloons; add +20% credits, +125% exp effect

Permanent camouflage
New: Duke of York - Mediterra camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Duke of York - Tropical camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Tirpitz - Norway camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Scharnhorst - Z23 camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Gascoyne - Battle camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Atago - battle camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Atago - Tropical camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Atago - Chinese server anniversary camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Tirpitz - Chinese server anniversary camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
New: Scharnhorst - Chinese server anniversary camouflage: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 750 doubloons
Hood - Intact camouflage: now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 2000 doubloons to 750 doubloons

Special skins
New: Z23 - Anniversary skin: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 5000 doubloons
New: Edinburg - Frost skin: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 5000 doubloons
New: Hood - Azur Lane: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 4000 doubloons
New: Enterprise - Azur Lane: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 5000 doubloons
New: Nelson - Azur Lane: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 4000 doubloons
New: Cleveland - Azur Lane: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 5000 doubloons
New: Admiral Hipper - Azur Lane: -10% repair cost, +50% exp, standard battle bonus, costs 5000 doubloons
Note: Belfast and Aurora don't have recieved Azur Lane skin at this time
Hood - hunt for Bismarck event skin: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 4000 doubloons to 750 doubloons
Hood - hunt for Bismarck event skin, "sunk" version: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 4000 doubloons to 750 doubloons
Duke of York - North Cape event skin: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 4000 doubloons to 750 doubloons
Scharnhorst - North Cape event skin: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 4000 doubloons to 750 doubloons
Tirpitz - 2017 Halloween event skin: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 5000 doubloons to 1500 doubloons
Gascogne - Republican skin: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 5000 doubloons to 1500 doubloons
Gascogne - Maid of Orleans skin: Now set to be available for purchase, the price decreased from 5000 doubloons to 1500 doubloons

New flags

Signal flags
Basilisk: costs 60 doubloons; +75% exp, +30% credits.
Scylla: costs 60 doubloons; +50% exp, +25% credits, +150% captain exp.
Leviathan: costs 60 doubloons;& +50% exp, +20% credits, +100% captain exp, +200% free exp.

Decorative flags
Le Terrible
Alaska
Jolly Roger 6
Unknown Tenth ranked battle commemorative flag

Other
All unique captains now have a "price" parameter, and the currency can be experience, credit, doubloon, or elite captain experience

Changes that only make sense to modders
Mogami's 203mm main gun models JGM025_203mm50_Type_E and JGM024_203mm50_Type_E_RF have been replaced by JGM143_203_50_Type_E3 and JGM062_203mm50_Type_E_RF8
Z23's A hull model GSD007_Z23_1940 has been replaced by GSD011_Z23_1945

This is NOT the discussion thread!

Well, it was supossed to be available for 750 doublons instead of 4K. Can @MrConway or @Crysantos put some light to this?

[2137]
[2137]
Weekend Tester
320 posts
7,273 battles
3 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Well, it was supossed to be available for 750 doublons instead of 4K. Can @MrConway or @Crysantos put some light to this?

Those are early leaks not WG's official statement.

Players
295 posts
1,713 battles
4 minutes ago, MK1D said:

Those are early leaks not WG's official statement.

True, but the other two camos that where also priced at 750 doublons ended up costing 1K. So why the artic camo ended up costing 4k instead of 1K as the others?

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,169 posts
23,665 battles

As he said, Reddit posts are not WoWs official site posts, so not 100% guaranteed.

There is a new camo available at 1k.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

The ones that were part of an event before cost 4k while new ones cost 1k.

Logical to me seeing as people had to perform specific tasks to get them. If WG puts them up for 1k that would devalue the previous events in a sense, and also future events if people start assuming that reward camos will get sold for cheap later anyway.

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
9 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

The ones that were part of an event before cost 4k while new ones cost 1k.

Logical to me seeing as people had to perform specific tasks to get them. If WG puts them up for 1k that would devalue the previous events in a sense, and also future events if people start assuming that reward camos will get sold for cheap later anyway.

Would agree if it wasn't the fact that some people may had no played during that time. 

But since you like the status quo, I wold ask you: How the mission was given and how much it cost in terms of doublons to get it? 

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles

Arctic was at the end of a mission chain it did cost real time and real time equals money too even a car mechanic earns 75 Euro an hour calculate that on vitual reality time spent. It is like with the pirate flag people spend time on it I can also say a pirate flag cost you 0 money or 0 doubloons so gimme gimme. 

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
4 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

Arctic was at the end of a mission chain it did cost real time and real time equals money too even a car mechanic earns 75 Euro an hour calculate that on vitual reality time spent. It is like with the pirate flag people spend time on it I can also say a pirate flag cost you 0 money or 0 doubloons so gimme gimme. 

I would like to have that mission chain.

Was it introduced with the ship or it was just a genera time based mission? Did the mission required to actually own Scharnhorst? 

When was the mission available? ... I do not remember it, either I was completely newbie or ignorant at that time :fish_palm:

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles

I think it was an early mission as you find in the campaigns overview connected to a collection the 2nd one but it was removed thereafter so I can't see it anymore.  Wasn't that "The battle of the North cape"?  Some of these missions do return like the Bismarck one though. That would have been winter or january it gave arctic Duke of york as well or so.

BNorthC.png

[SHAFT]
Players
9,485 posts
8,838 battles
42 minutes ago, Episparh said:

I would like to have that mission chain.

Was it introduced with the ship or it was just a genera time based mission? Did the mission required to actually own Scharnhorst? 

When was the mission available? ... I do not remember it, either I was completely newbie or ignorant at that time :fish_palm:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:New_Year's_Raid

mission 6 final task.

Nope, you didnt need scharnhorst - i have the camo and probably never will own scharnhorst unless i will get it in a SC :cap_tea:. So i have a perfectly fine camo rotting in my inventory :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
Just now, SteDorff said:

"The battle of the North cape"

The containers with that collection will be returning in future as it is currently with 2nd anniversary one. It is said officially here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/all-about-collections/

Was Scharnhorst camo part of the collection or a mission? I am getting confused here... 

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:New_Year's_Raid

mission 6 final task.

Nope, you didnt need scharnhorst - i have the camo and probably never will own scharnhorst unless i will get it in a SC :cap_tea:. So i have a perfectly fine camo rotting in my inventory :cap_haloween:

Thanks for the answer, mate! 

[SHAFT]
Players
9,485 posts
8,838 battles
1 minute ago, Episparh said:

Was Scharnhorst camo part of the collection or a mission? I am getting confused here... 

Battle of the North cape and New Years raid came at the same time.

For the 2nd one you needed the DoY. (mission 1 task 1). The DoY could have been bought with money or you could earn it by playing the Battle of the North Cape. Which took roughly 3 weeks, and then you had 1 week to grind through the New Years Raid to get all T6 ships + Camo and the Scharnhorst Camo.

• Cool 1

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles

Yes Scharn camo from the mission Duke from the collection the mission chain also gave the Snowy camos for other ships so you missed out on quite some then.

Snowy.png

ArctickDuck.png

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,153 battles

Well, that's sad.

However 4k is too much. I would rather buy the option to have that campaign and mission for 1k and grind my way arround. 

Sign in to follow this