You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

Pink stupidity

51 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
795 posts

So, I got in a MM, all nice and great first minutes, then a guy on red team start complaining about a team mate being AFK;  Some suggest his game may crashed; 

Seconds later, my game to freeze, then I am booted out; Try to re - connect, but the launcher says "servers down";

I wait half hour - servers still down.

I watch a movie, 1 hour later I check again - server up and running;

So I enter game, only to be "rewarded" by a pink message, punishing me for 3 games because of... "inactivity..."

WTF,  seriously ?!

Are we now responsible for your crap servers ?? I am booted out of game,  because the servers crash for 2 hours, then I am punished because " I leave early" ???

Are no common sense here ???

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,291 posts
24,183 battles

Just Play the 3 matches man, you wont die from beeing Pink for 3 matches now will you? I for one gladly accept an occasional mishap Like that so in return the repeated offenders at least try to be taught a lesson and maybee, just maybee it sticks to some of them

• Cool 3

Players
1,142 posts
18,316 battles

The server didn't crash for 2 hours but it certainly suffered a stroke, with some parts of it being unavailable for longer than others. I opened a thread related to the same issue describing the situation and I was back in the game immediately, although the match I was playing at that moment was considered finished and a draw (every single one of the players disconnected at the same time, I assume). Maybe your mistake was closing the client and trying to use the launcher for the re-connection: the client tries to link directly to the game section while the launcher has to go through other parts of the server that were still down, thus saying so.

As for the pink status, although I'm sympathetic, it's better to just remove it by playing some operations and move on. And no, it's not that simple to write a routine that checks the server status for every single match and embed/call it at the proper place, not to mention the amount of extra computational time required (very little in itself, but it piles up). There seems to be quite another difference between both cases: while in yours the disconnections appear to happen one after another (someone was able to comment about them in open chat after all), in mine there's no hint pointing to that but to a simultaneous disconnection. Let's consider that the aforementioned routine is implemented: which situation could be considered as a server crash and which one as players having network issues on their end? As you can see, things aren't that easy to discern.

Salute.

[NWP]
Players
2,634 posts
16,259 battles

Just contact support. Maybe they'll remove your pink status, maybe they won't. But that's what you have support for.

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

So I enter game, only to be "rewarded" by a pink message, punishing me for 3 games because of... "inactivity..."

Explain in what way you got punished by being pink.

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Explain in what way you got punished by being pink.

"bc of "inactivity" - after the servers crash for 2 hours, and booted me (and others) from a game right on first minutes. My launcher failed to re-connect several times with the message "server down". 

After 2 hours, when I am able to log-in back, I receive pink status 3 games because... "inactivity" :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
10 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

"bc of "inactivity" - after the servers crash for 2 hours, and booted me (and others) from a game right on first minutes. My launcher failed to re-connect several times with the message "server down". 

After 2 hours, when I am able to log-in back, I receive pink status 3 games because... "inactivity" :cap_cool:

I understood that.

The question was why you think being pink is a punishment. It's a warning, plain and simple, it has no other effect than making your name pink and reflecting any damage you do to teammates onto yourself, which obviously shouldn't be a problem.

Only once you go orange do you have limitations put on you.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,242 battles
39 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Erm, the servers did not "crash for 2 hours", you might want to check what you type.

If the server would have been down for 2 hours, your posts would not be the only one, so thank your ISP for your pink status?

Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles
3 hours ago, Juanx said:

Erm, the servers did not "crash for 2 hours", you might want to check what you type.

If the server would have been down for 2 hours, your posts would not be the only one, so thank your ISP for your pink status?

Last night the server was quite shitty, people complained about disconnections and even I had one. Suddently I was pushed back to the login screen at the beginning of a battle and when I relogued this happened:

shot-18_08.24_03_11.58-0137.thumb.jpg.57fe2069ea6940544889642960b53995.jpg

shot-18_08.24_03_12.01-0388.thumb.jpg.50f1fd512f74340f11c7a7eaf23e6671.jpg

Players
1,245 posts
9,280 battles

I noticed the servers were a bit iffy last night, I'm entirely willing to believe someone gets pink this way.

But I don't see the big deal. Just play a couple games and you can work off your dunce cap. Do co-op if you feel self-conscious about it.

5 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

You have a lot of 1 hour movies?

These are actually quite common in some genres. Especially if you fast-forward the parts where they talk. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
1 hour ago, jss78 said:

These are actually quite common in some genres.

image.png.aeb3b227e96cadee72ab0feec1c39179.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

That's nothing. Do it twice and the punishment is you are obligated to wear full pink clothes for 3 days. Enforced with mandatory live webcams...

• Funny 3

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
10 hours ago, Juanx said:

in fact, if you pay a bit of attention on forum, are more posts about....

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,242 battles
8 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Erm, there might be 1 more, that I know of, regardless, if so, you are breaking the rules then, you should have posted there instead of opening your own, who do you think you are?

Either way, you suggesting me that I pay more attention to the forums is a sign of how little of a clue you have.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

The servers burped twice on me yesterday, both times bumped to login, BOTH times the games were registered as DRAWS and everyone was bumped. Both times it lasted only a few minutes.

In the games after the server burps the players all said it had happened to them with Draw results and none complained about going pink, I certainly didn't go pink.

More likely that your ISP or PC connection at home was the issue since you went pink, that or there's something not entirely 100% true.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,242 battles
On 8/24/2018 at 11:21 PM, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

" you are breaking the rules then":cap_haloween:... you make may day ! chill out dude,  the other pos where moments before I made mine. Not to say your post add next to nothing to the issue.

There is no issue, that is what we are trying to convey, sadly you are too EDIT...

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults
  • Bad 2

[SEN]
Players
795 posts
On 8/25/2018 at 12:29 AM, Juanx said:

There is no issue, that is what we are trying to convey, sadly you are too EDIT...

the fact one get punished by system for a failure on the game server IT IS an issue. But obvious one need more then a brain cell to realize that. If that not bother you, not my fault.

Unlike others, my game DO NOT end in a draw. I was impeded to log back, despite a dozen of attempts, with the official page of the (new) launcher claiming loud and clear "server unavailable" ! 

More then one hour later, when the launcher stated "server online"  , I receive the pink penalty . This IS an issue for me.

And my ISP its ok, I got fiber connection with 250/250Mb , and a constant 30-35 ping, here in Portugal.

I can even bring here the replay, must be saved on my system. And yes, did I mention our team was wining ? And the crash occurred (for me) at half game, and I did some damage & sailed around (as opposed to stay AFK, with zero damage & no moving at all, reason for "official" PINK punishment ?

Here a sample seconds before  we all crash; the servers (Eu) went down at 24.08.20012 at 02.01h, GMT . And stay dawn more then an hour,  at least for Portugal, and if we can trust the info displayed on the launcher. 

Here the proof more where affected:

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.08.25 - 14.20.41.97.png

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,242 battles
2 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Unlike others, my game DO NOT end in a draw. I was impeded to log back, despite a dozen of attempts, with the official page of the (new) launcher claiming loud and clear "server unavailable" ! 

So you ISP stopped working, since it was only you, or your region. That is why your game was not a draw.

Servers were not down for an hour, we would have had 2-3000 posts complaining the hamsters died and needed replacement ASAP. You understand that people here play the game too?

To the picture, so, an AFK midway is a sign that the server collapsed, ok...

Just a heads up, you might want to cut on the amount of mods, that is also a source of issues in the game.

Players
12 posts
15,963 battles

The big issue with this unfair and faulty system is simply too harsh when you get disconnected due to some uncontrolled whatever the reason problem, get pink AND you can't play anything other than coop. Ok you get back in try to play to get rid of the bias status and whoopsie it happens again and again and you get more heavily punished than before and before you know it you get banned for something that you just can't control nor is your own fault. That is [edited] coding!! And on top of that, you open a ticket to plea for your "rule violation" and the answer you get is that they cannot remove your status and you have to play to remove it. I call [edited]. They put the code there, it means that they can remove/edit the code.

Yes I am aware that they need some sort of punishment for leaving the game or being afk and I do support it, BUT not immediately getting banned from random games for ONE lousy uncontrolled disconnection. Why not have the same punishment system like friendly fire(being able to play random battles at least)? why not just remove friendly fire feature as they have done in operations?

Players
642 posts
9,895 battles
On 8/24/2018 at 3:54 AM, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

So, I got in a MM, all nice and great first minutes, then a guy on red team start complaining about a team mate being AFK;  Some suggest his game may crashed; 

Seconds later, my game to freeze, then I am booted out; Try to re - connect, but the launcher says "servers down";

I wait half hour - servers still down.

I watch a movie, 1 hour later I check again - server up and running;

WTF,  seriously ?!

Are we now responsible for your crap servers ?? I am booted out of game,  because the servers crash for 2 hours, then I am punished because " I leave early" ???

Are no common sense here ???

It sucks when the server farts, yes, but being Pink isn't a harsh penalty.

• Cool 1