Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wazige

Suggestion to fix the "sniping BB'" problem

314 comments in this topic

[ZFF]
Players
4 posts
3,338 battles

Hi wargaming (if you even read this)

As we all know there are a lot of people that are simply to stupid to understand that a  BB is not meant to be sailing as far away from capture points and enemy ships as possible. Yet in almost every battle i come accros atleast 1 of these "max range no scope elite CS GO snipers". Instructing them to move forward does not help because they simply do not have enough brain capacity to understand what moving forward means.  So i have come up with a potential fix to this problem.

Create an algoritm that keeps track of the positioning of the BB player. If this player spends more than X amount of time far away from anything and anyone, for an X amount of games,  simply reduce their firing range to 10km for the next 10 battles. If they than in battle 11 are useless again, up the penalty to 25 battles. 
This can have a number of effects for those players

1: They will be forced to get into usefull positions with their BB

2: They learn how to use their BB in a usefull way and might actually enjoy the game more and be usefull to their team.

3: They might die very rapidly because they have never learned how to use a BB at a usefull distance

4: They might get very upset with dying to quickly and simply not play BB anymore.(hoorah for everyone else)

All of the above results are positive for everyone that happened to be unlucky enough to be in the same team as the "max range no scope elite CS GO sniper(s)".  

Thoughts?

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles

Simple fix is reduce the amount of torps, make CL/CA players do their jobs. 5 DDs games are just not fun, stupid to go in close combat when you know the other guy has a DD in front of him, so you dodge his torps but now ur broadside is exposed...so yea kinda sucks to play BB now with all these gunboat torp spamming ships.

Ive set my izumo as a secondary ship and just go point blank with a DD now that ap can deal decent damage to them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles
Just now, ironhammer500 said:

Simple fix is reduce the amount of torps, make CL/CA players do their jobs. 5 DDs games are just not fun, stupid to go in close combat when you know the other guy has a DD in front of him, so you dodge his torps but now ur broadside is exposed...so yea kinda sucks to play BB now with all these gunboat torp spamming ships.

Ive set my izumo as a secondary ship and just go point blank with a DD now that ap can deal decent damage to them.

That would help but personally I find the island lobbing HE spammers more annoying. Literally nothing you can do in a BB if your team won't help, if you try and rush them they just dance around the island. Only option is to go somewhere else.

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
Just now, Flid_Merchant said:

That would help but personally I find the island lobbing HE spammers more annoying. Literally nothing you can do in a BB if your team won't help, if you try and rush them they just dance around the island. Only option is to go somewhere else.

I think HE overall needs a rework even a nerf, with the British BBs spamming HE, gunboat DDs and Spam Cruisers the amount of DPS HE does compared to skilled aim shots of AP is much higher, plus HE doesnt have the wonderfull overpen mechanic.

Or buff AP maybe AP needs a buff since HE has all these captain buffs but AP has nothing. I vote buff AP.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,785 battles
19 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Oh god where do I even start?...

5 DD games with the obligatory 5 BBs per side as per 95% of the matches means that there are 2 cruisers per side. Less if you count CVs.
You're actually going to say that a class that,in your example, represents 1/6th of the team, is at fault for making BBs snipe?

Really?
REALLY?

Gee, I wonder why there are 3-4 DDs per side currently....does it perhaps have something to do with the fact that there has been 5 BBs per side per battle (the class that DDs should counter....but in reality deals barely a half of a BB's total HP per battle without even counting repairs) since mid 2016?

No, clearly cruisers and DDs, those are the culprit for making people stay back or island hump, not the 5 ships per battle with enough range to hit just about the entire usable map with guns large enough to overmatch and damage enemy non-BBs with every hit....which can happen every 30 seconds, and deals a quarter of a cruiser's HP with a single citpen, or a quarter of a DD's HP with a single regular penetration. Bear in mind that you have 8 to 12 guns.
But no, clearly it's the big meanies in DDs with 30k average damage  at T8 and the selfish cruisers not braving 5 long range overmatch top kek citpen machines in order to hunt down DDs that both outspot and out maneuver them who are to blame.

• Cool 12

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
5 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

BBaby Bingo card required here, anyone got it?

Not the card itself. But wait a moment... I think we already have a winner or two

20 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

That's at least four hits in one post.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles

Looks like the Cruiser lol spammers are trolling the thread, i mean It is your fault, a BB pushes the cruisers run away...the BB takes the damage to allow the cruisers to push and soon as the BB sinks they run...instead of pushing the cap or killing low hp ships, nope they always run away.

90% of the time its the cruisers are the back not using hydro or radar...most time the smoke cruisers only self smoke never to help their team.

Also why are so many hiding ur accounts? Scared your gonna get called out for being those cruiser players who just sail in a straight line and left click when complain BBs are OP when they die in 1 shot.

On topic, what is the reason then? Instead of trolling actually stay on topic.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
1 minute ago, ironhammer500 said:

Also why are so many hiding ur accounts? Scared your gonna get called out for being those cruiser players who just sail in a straight line and left click when complain BBs are OP when they die in 1 shot.

I play cruisers and BBs.

This thread is trollish, ridiculous, makes no sense, pick your choice.

OP must have had a bad day, has no brain, is a potatoe, is new to the game, has no experience at high tiers, pick your choice.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,234 battles

The amount of "special" on the OP and Co. is truly staggering.

• Bad 1

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles
7 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Haha I do like that the same solution to not getting torpedoed is also the same solution to not getting deleted at long range in a CA.

Players
8,097 posts
8,914 battles
31 minutes ago, Wazige said:

As we all know there are a lot of people that are simply to stupid to understand that a  BB is not meant to be sailing as far away from capture points and enemy ships as possible. Yet in almost every battle i come accros atleast 1 of these "max range no scope elite CS GO snipers". Instructing them to move forward does not help because they simply do not have enough brain capacity to understand what moving forward means.  So i have come up with a potential fix to this problem.

Create an algoritm that keeps track of the positioning of the BB player. If this player spends more than X amount of time far away from anything and anyone, for an X amount of games,  simply reduce their firing range to 10km for the next 10 battles. If they than in battle 11 are useless again, up the penalty to 25 battles. 
This can have a number of effects for those players

1: They will be forced to get into usefull positions with their BB

2: They learn how to use their BB in a usefull way and might actually enjoy the game more and be usefull to their team.

3: They might die very rapidly because they have never learned how to use a BB at a usefull distance

4: They might get very upset with dying to quickly and simply not play BB anymore.(hoorah for everyone else)

All of the above results are positive for everyone that happened to be unlucky enough to be in the same team as the "max range no scope elite CS GO sniper(s)".  

Thoughts?

What if you are camping in the corner and are the last person alive, the enemy closes in and suddenly the system registers you as in the thick of it? Your suggestion just has too many unknown variables to work as intented.

20 minutes ago, Flid_Merchant said:

But what if you are only far away from the enemy because you have killed them all?

Unlikely. More likely you are in a slow ship on the wrong flank. Imagine NM on Two Brothers and enemy lemminged to the other flank.

20 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Most torps have ranges of 10 km or so, only in higher tiers reach 12 km on IJN and a bit more on the Gearing/YY. Most ships stay however far further away than that. Also, some preventive steering does wonders.

18 minutes ago, Flid_Merchant said:

How about going wide? Or use a spotter plane to fire over the island?

15 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I think HE overall needs a rework even a nerf, with the British BBs spamming HE, gunboat DDs and Spam Cruisers the amount of DPS HE does compared to skilled aim shots of AP is much higher, plus HE doesnt have the wonderfull overpen mechanic.

Or buff AP maybe AP needs a buff since HE has all these captain buffs but AP has nothing. I vote buff AP.

HE hardly ever citadels and HE doesn't have anywhere near the penetration. Try spam HE at a German BB and tell me how it worked. Frankly, the only damage potential there is hits on the superstructure (till it runs out of hp) and fires. And the only time HE spam removed ships larger than a DD in one salvo, it was some retarded British BB HE salvo. Meanwhile, every day, "skilled aim shots of AP" citadel cruisers and wreck DDs for most of their hp.

And you gotta admit, making a ship cease to exist after 1-2 salvos of AP (which btws even cruisers can do to other cruisers) is far more effecient than after a minute of HE spam.

HE dps is hardly ever greater than AP dps.

• Cool 3

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Better idea: introduce HE spamming daka DD's for which is hardly any counter! Now this will motivate the nimble, fast, dodgy and very hard to hit BB's to close in! I'm sure of it.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
5 minutes ago, Juanx said:

The amount of "special" on the OP and Co. is truly staggering.

Thank you for that contribution to the topic sooooo helpful.

Ok yes both classes have bad players and good players but largely the game is at fault for making the cruisers have such a large array of tools.

Ok just give BBs tools to fight DDs, sure a large ship like that would have radar. You want more torps, fine add more radar.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,234 battles
1 minute ago, ironhammer500 said:

Thank you for that contribution to the topic sooooo helpful.

Ok yes both classes have bad players and good players but largely the game is at fault for making the cruisers have such a large array of tools.

There is nothing to help here, the topic is asinine, has no point. Its just a BBaby whining that torps and cruisers are overpowered.

There is a large array of tools allright, some of them post that DDs and cruisers are OP...

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

The problem isn't the view, it is the firing arcs. If you go wide you are sniping, at least according to your team and probably OP's system. Also 10km is not ideal engagement distance for most battleships. CA/DD has maneuverability to make themselves hard to hit at that distance, BBs need to be further to have any chance of avoiding return fire. But I'm sure some people think they should just sit there and let any enemy who happens to be present shoot at them because "dey haz armour"

• Cool 2

Players
1,373 posts

Way too complicated, way too... I don't even know... social engineering? Why even try to modify behaviour, when the whole issue can fixed by very simple measure of adjusting spawn? Simply spawn BBs close to caps, depending on map size I'd say maybe 10km away from each other. Now drop the thunderstorm effect known from operation Hermes over the caps and lift it after let's say 2 minutes to allow for some adjustment of position, with the added side-benefit of punishing AFKers quickly and efficiently. In other words: leave the buggers no other choice but to be useful at least in the sense of giving the enemy something to shoot at. Voila, problem solved. It is not hard at all.

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
5 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Ok just give BBs tools to fight DDs, sure a large ship like that would have radar. You want more torps, fine add more radar.

:Smile_facepalm: yeah more radar... lmao.

Play german BBs, a little bird told me they have hydro. But maybe it's not a good enough tool for you.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,773 posts
19,462 battles

Just so you guys know:

MrConway literally told us to go make BBabies cry with the new RN and IJN DDs here at gamescom.

And I'll be happy to oblige.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

Haha have at it, I delete DDs with AP all day long.

Also I was being facetious when I said about having killed all the enemies but I have known it to sail into a cap and take it, kill all the enemies, and then some dipstick starts pinging the map because you haven't engaged warp speed and moved to the other side. It's just such a cliche the "BB sniper" that everyone assumes it is you if you are ever spotted outside ramming distance of the enemy team.

Beta Tester
1,110 posts
4,303 battles
7 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

:Smile_facepalm: yeah more radar... lmao.

Play german BBs, a little bird told me they have hydro. But maybe it's not a good enough tool for you.

Hydro sucks compared to radar hence why in clan battles that take radar and one hindi cause the hindi has great guns and dps.

• Funny 2

Players
5,976 posts
11,316 battles
52 minutes ago, Wazige said:

As we all know

As I have noted earlier on the forums, is there any actual proof for this 'problem'?

Most BB players I see do actually play decent, even if inexperienced.

Many non-BB players tend to not have a clue themselves as to the actual behavior displayed by teammate BB players, often being ignorant or just plain arrogant themselves and simply blaming someone else for their perceived grave errors and supposedly empty spaces in their heads.

What I see is all classes failing. I see DDs failing to cap and instead, go around the caps to spam torps. When the green BBs ask for spotting or are even getting torped themselves, only then will SOME of the DDs kidan start doing their own jobs.

10km is too close for BBs unless wanting to brawl, as it's within conceilment value so they cannot cloak to heal. Most BB players sit at 15km or so, sometimes even more if their opportunity target happens to be further away.

I also see green DDs asking for support when I'm in a cruiser, so I go help them...and then they pop smoke and let me spot for them and tank for them (in my Hipper :Smile_sceptic:) while they farm damage.

I've seen cruiser players get deleted for their sometimes most questionable ingame behaviors.

I've seen fail carriers, all classes have bad players!

I've been accused of being the main cause of my team's failure despite me being in first position..and the person accusing me being the very last position. He died early on as top tier player and I made the battle a near loss. People are so ignorant in judging others. Best is to get proof of this 'problem' or I'm not buying it.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,764 battles
46 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Dodging torps doesn't work like this and big numbers of DDs don't actually affect BBs much...

Although I'm certainly in favor of limiting the amount of DDs to 3 per team, playing DDs (the class that actually DOES suffer from there being a lot of DDs :Smile-_tongue:) would be so much more fun this way :Smile_teethhappy:

But I'm not quite sure if it would really help BBs much. The thing is, you see, that DDs spend a lot of the early game trying to outspot and outmaneuver the enemy DDs. Torping BBs? This really starts only once the number of DDs is significantly reduced and you actually can get reasonably close for proper torpedo attacks

As for CL/CA players doing their jobs... what are these jobs you refer to? Being blown off the water by BBs? Because that's what keeps cruisers behind islands. The BBs are just so much of a threat to them and so little threat to each other that cruisers get promptly targeted whenever possible - and it's not out of malice or a sign of bad play by BBs. It's just guns that can be quickly taken out of the game, ships that can be quickly crippled or killed - as opposed to other BBs that can tank for a pretty long time even under heavy bombardment.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,547 posts
13,682 battles

WG can do whatever they want, Ultra-Sniper-Kevin-BB will always snipe, no matter how you try to make it worthless.

Sign in to follow this