Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nexoe

Team Kill and messages related to it

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts
12,606 battles

Team kills happens…  NORMALLY by torpedoes

They CAN happen via

- ACCIDENT, which I hope and think is the normal.

- SABOTAGE against team, or TREASON, acting on behave of enemy team

I DO agree with that teamkill SHOULD lead to a penalty.

I am not HAPPY with that the GMs relies totaly on a solutions, created automatedly by the server, but I CAN understand it.

What I TOTALY dislike is that the message you get after two teamkills claim that "you are penalized for unsportsmanlike behavior by killing own team".

This as it CAN NOT be "unsportmanlike"!

EITHER its an accidents, and such occur also to sportsmen.

OR it is SABOTAGE or TREASON, and THAT is way worse than "not being a sportsman".

Ergo: The message should be changed!

Looking forward to GMs comments on this issue ( I HAVE been promised such during a week of discussions via "tickets")

• Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,651 posts
11,707 battles
9 minutes ago, Nexoe said:

What I TOTALY dislike is that the message you get after two teamkills claim that "you are penalized for unsportsmanlike behavior by killing own team".

This as it CAN NOT be "unsportmanlike"!

EITHER its an accidents, and such occur also to sportsmen.

OR it is SABOTAGE or TREASON, and THAT is way worse than "not being a sportsman".

Ergo: The message should be changed!

EITHER it's carelessness and ignoring the situation of your allies, playing selfishly to the point of actively endangering them through your lack of consideration (or worse - due to the assumption that it's their job to dodge your friendly fire) - that's unsportsmanlike.

OR you're actively griefing, purposefully hindering your team - that's VERY unsportsmanlike.

The message is ok.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
7 posts
12,606 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

EITHER it's carelessness and ignoring the situation of your allies, playing selfishly to the point of actively endangering them through your lack of consideration (or worse - due to the assumption that it's their job to dodge your friendly fire) - that's unsportsmanlike.

OR you're actively griefing, purposefully hindering your team - that's VERY unsportsmanlike.

The message is ok.

Nope it is NOT unsportsmanlike. Its SABOTAGE or TREASON.

And you DO miss the alternative of "Accident"... A nearby DD suddenly turns on a penny...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,651 posts
11,707 battles
Just now, Nexoe said:

Nope it is NOT unsportsmanlike. Its SABOTAGE or TREASON.

And that's sportsmanlike? If something is against good sportsmanship then it's unsportsmanlike.

Not to mention - TREASON. In a goddamned free Internet game :Smile_teethhappy:

3 minutes ago, Nexoe said:

And you DO miss the alternative of "Accident"... A nearby DD suddenly turns on a penny...

...as DDs tend to do to stay alive and do their job - and they shouldn't be forced to compromise on their (already hard and dangerous) job due to the threat of allies torping from behind them. Enemy is threatening enough.

As I said - lack of consideration, torping from second line without thinking. You f*cked up and ruined somebody's match by sending torps you shouldn't have sent and planting them into your ally. Next time be a good sportsman and don't endanger allies like this.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Did you turn Orange??? hope so then you'll be locked into coop... There is no accident torpedoes

[JRM]
Players
6,243 posts
24,096 battles

Accidents do happen but feeling a need to open a post about them on forum suggests they happen more then Random chance would allow :cap_tea:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
17 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Did you turn Orange??? hope so then you'll be locked into coop... There is no accident torpedoes

Still say that they should put Oranges in their own mm. No need to make those of us that actually like co-op have to suffer these fools.

• Cool 4

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles
1 hour ago, Nexoe said:

Looking forward to GMs comments on this issue ( I HAVE been promised such during a week of discussions via "tickets")

You wasted supports time with this, for a week?

41 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Not to mention - TREASON. In a goddamned free Internet game :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,412 posts
15,564 battles

Torpedoes launched from the second row are likely to be dangerous to the front row. If you must do this, then it is your duty to tell the front row you are doing it or it is unsporting (and a few other less kind terms! ) I have hit my team with torps in the past - three times in 10,000 battles if I remember correctly - once was from torping from the second row and a rapid change of direction of the ship in front - killed him and the enemy as it turned out - my fault - I apologised and he forgave me. The other two times were when firing directly at enemy, missing and the torps had enough range to hit a friend who was in a pincer move - my fault again and apologised. Torps are the shooters responsibility - if you hit a friend, it is your fault and in a game I call that unsporting. If you are unlucky, they will be unsporting back and will kill you by letting themselves flood!

Players
1,420 posts
8,327 battles

Just a little anecdote regarding the main thread; I remember long ago in WOT when a new test server was relased there wasn't any penalties for teamkill (except becoming blue) and any rare punishment you would get would limit only to that specific version of the test server. So, wasn't strange that someone would come and teamkill as many players possible. I remember a particular battle with someone -6 and another player with a -3.

Players
2,878 posts
16,262 battles

There is a 3rd option.

One could be "encouraging" borderhumping BBs that are still fill hp after 15 mins to get off the map border.

I've seen it done both with torps and AP and it looked glorious.:cap_haloween:

If only there was a medal for that.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
19 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

There is a 3rd option.

One could be "encouraging" borderhumping BBs that are still fill hp after 15 mins to get off the map border.

I've seen it done both with torps and AP and it looked glorious.:cap_haloween:

If only there was a medal for that.

Rules are rules dude. No matter how you excuse it that is still breaking them.

Players
2,878 posts
16,262 battles
26 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Rules are rules dude. No matter how you excuse it that is still breaking them.

Dude I dont want to sound like encourage griefing in general, but rulebreakers get punished with pink/orange, so they need not justify their actions. 

I've seen players prepared to accept pink status for the satifaction of sinking really useless BBs on occasion at the end of a lost battle...and at least once, I gave that a +1 :)

Rules arnt perfect.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,716 posts
5,270 battles
18 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Dude I dont want to sound like encourage griefing in general, but rulebreakers get punished with pink/orange, so they need not justify their actions. 

I've seen players prepared to accept pink status for the satifaction of sinking really useless BBs on occasion at the end of a lost battle...and at least once, I gave that a +1 :)

Rules arnt perfect.

Perfect or not, they are the rules and you said you would follow them when you accepted the terms of service.

If you can't do something as simple as that, go play something else.

Beta Tester
3,159 posts
3,608 battles
11 hours ago, lafeel said:

Perfect or not, they are the rules and you said you would follow them when you accepted the terms of service.

If you can't do something as simple as that, go play something else.

This actually nails it.

While I could go into the theoretical distinction between unsportsmanlike behaviour and treason on the one hand (and comment on a possible overlay), and go into further legal detail about national law codes being principally different from written and unwritten rules of general conduct on the other hand... well, I won't. Because it really is just as simple as Iafeel just said: This game has rules. If you don't agree to follow those rules, you don't get to play. If you agree, but then break the rules, well... I guess a person who does that, now he would be something of a hypocrite at best, right?

I have taken part in a few earlier discussions on team killing on this forum, that were interesting from a purely philosophical point of view. For example, there have been cases where an argument has been put forth for a "right of self-defense against attacks from team members". I can readily see the logic behind such arguments. No such right exists in the World of Warships, however - for the simple reason that the owner of the game (Wargaming) has laid down rules to that effect.

In this aspect, World of Warships is fundamentally no different from the games of tag I guess most of us have played in our youth. To be allowed to participate, you must follow the rules - or the next day you won't be invited to join in.