Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BNS_Victory

Couldn't get go navy rewards

41 comments in this topic

[LEEUW]
Players
77 posts
8,087 battles

Since the new update it's not possible to redeem your tokens into the go navy prizes. I waited for the final results to spend my tokens on a cammo but forgot it sadly. I waited so long because the counting for tokens was not very clear to me. I went from 95 sharktokens to 195 in one day.

To be honest it is not very fair you get only one day to get your well deserved prizes. Is this just a mistake from wargaming or is this really how this game is going to evolve? 

I hope this can get solved!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
1 minute ago, BNS_Victory said:

Since the new update it's not possible to redeem your tokens into the go navy prizes. I waited for the final results to spend my tokens on a cammo but forgot it sadly. I waited so long because the counting for tokens was not very clear to me. I went from 95 sharktokens to 195 in one day.

To be honest it is not very fair you get only one day to get your well deserved prizes. Is this just a mistake from wargaming or is this really how this game is going to evolve? 

I hope this can get solved!

sorry, but that's entirely on you, maybe you should have paid more attention to the info provided... both in the ingame interface as well as the various articles explaining how the event worked.

Reading OP, pls nerf

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,725 posts
5,270 battles

How is it WG's fault if you, as you said it yourself, forgot to spend your reward?

How is WG supposed to know what you intended to use them for?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,804 posts

it was announced already before the event began that with the update 0.7.8. all tokens will be converted to credits...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,725 posts
5,270 battles

Great, another 10kk on my already over 200kk credits. :Smile_sceptic:

That's what you get for failing to read, and or (by your own admission) forgetting to.

[LEEUW]
Players
77 posts
8,087 battles

I don't see why wargaming deleted the prizes so fast. Yes you can delete the event but the prizes could have been kept. You had only one day to get a prize which is way too short.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,725 posts
5,270 battles

Actually you could have at any time you wanted, when you had enough tokens for whatever you wanted.:Smile-_tongue: Again, stop blaming WG for your own failiure.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,948 battles

Erm. Look, I know that WG technically announced everything beforehand. But it's still fully legitimate to criticise them for things like removing the premium containers two days before the event ended, and for only giving people two days to get the rewards after it ended. It's at best rather clumsy implementation. It wouldn't have hurt them to leave the rewards in the arsenal and allow the tokens to be spent until 0.7.9 rolls around.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

To be fair i think they should had let the stuff be available for a week when the event is finished.. Wouldn't harm anyone if they did. Personally I bought containers for my tokens so I didn't miss anything.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
77 posts
8,087 battles

Yes it's my mistake, yet in my opinion wg could have ended the event but kept the rewards for one more patch. It's not that hard to do so I'm quite dissapointed in the company that puts some much effort for the playerbase.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,725 posts
5,270 battles

Yes it's my mistake, yet in my opinion wg could have ended the event but kept the rewards for one more patch. It's not that hard to do so I'm quite dissapointed in the company that puts some much effort for the playerbase.

In the same company that's been giving the same playerbase stuff for free the past two months? You, sir, are a hypocrite.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts

It is true that the info was available and you should've known to spend the tokens in time. However, the design of the competition didn't exactly help in avoiding these situations and WG even ended up losing premium container sales for it. In the future

1) Make the event last a lot longer. What harm would it do to have the Go Navy arsenal section (and the related premium containers) available for one more patch? This alone would've avoided just about all issues.

2) I get full screen commercials at every point, yet I never got a message telling me to "SPEND YOUR TOKENS TODAY EVENT ENDS IN XX HOURS!". In fact, during the event I got a splash screen asking me to choose my side every day I played the game, yet there was no info in there about how much time there was still left in the competition.

3) The ending date changed from 21. to 22. during the last few days without much fanfare and the info pages were in 404 mode for quite some time so even if you were trying to keep up the ending date was anything but unambiguous. Note how the ranked season 10 news item states exactly when the season starts and ends (date, hours).

Sure enough, the information was available and people should've known better, but every time your customer makes an honest mistake you need to think if there was anything you could've done to prevent that and in this case there clearly was.

• Cool 2

Players
2,569 posts
11,389 battles
16 hours ago, BNS_Victory said:

And what for the people that were one week on vacation? This is not fair at all.

I wanted that shark camo for the Worcester but was away for 10 days. You don't see me starting a thread  complaining do you. Just accept that you made a mistake for forgetting and be done with it instead of whining like a EDIT.

In any case, who knows, we might get the camos or the stuff again in the future ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,725 posts
5,270 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

I wanted that shark camo for the Worcester but was away for 10 days. You don't see me starting a thread  complaining do you. Just accept that you made a mistake for forgetting and be done with it instead of whining like a self-entitled brat.

In any case, who knows, we might get the camos or the stuff again in the future ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately threads like this do nothing to increase the chances of that happening..

[TOXIC]
Players
4,654 posts
11,716 battles
17 hours ago, BNS_Victory said:

And what for the people that were one week on vacation? This is not fair at all.

Well, being on vacation you don't play, not playing you don't accumulate loyalty, not accumulating loyalty you don't get tokens - so someone could spend already gained tokens on rewards before going as there wouldn't be more (ok, technically there's the option of just reaching some threshold and then going away the same day before the loyalty is calculated - but that's REALLY specific).

Don't get me wrong - it kinda sucks to have so little time, I don't think it would hurt for Go Navy Arsenal to stay with us concurrently with the next event for some time. I can agree that WG EDIT up this part a bit. But while there is a strong basis for the complaint, it's still a complaint about the whole thing being "inconvenient" rather than "unfair".

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

Players
2,569 posts
11,389 battles
4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Unfortunately threads like this do nothing to increase the chances of that happening..

Well one can always hope. WG did re-release the containers for the campaigns. Maybe they might do something for those camos like putting it in the arsenal for coal or shop for real money.

WG works in mysterious ways:Smile_hiding:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts
47 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Reading OP, pls nerf

Please nerf.......hahahahahaha. Just hahahahaha. Tnx, I needed that one.

[LEEUW]
Players
77 posts
8,087 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, being on vacation you don't play, not playing you don't accumulate loyalty, not accumulating loyalty you don't get tokens - so someone could spend already gained tokens on rewards before going as there wouldn't be more (ok, technically there's the option of just reaching some threshold and then going away the same day before the loyalty is calculated - but that's REALLY specific).

I only got my tokens twice. The first one I had 95 and the second one 195 in total. So you could go on vacation and have zero tokens while you maybe deserved a cammo. You come back from vacation and you couldn't get it. That's not correct in my opinion. At least they could give you the tokens as soon as you completed a mission. But no, you had to wait 15 days or something like that. That is why I waited till the last day because I did not know I could maybe get two cammo's so I did not have to choose. Sadly I could not come online the last day which is way too unfortunate...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,654 posts
11,716 battles
2 minutes ago, BNS_Victory said:

I only got my tokens twice. (...) At least they could give you the tokens as soon as you completed a mission. But no, you had to wait 15 days or something like that.

No. You got the tokens right at the moment your loyalty points reached the appropriate threshold. Also, you got tokens... I think it was 5 times: at 3 loyalty, at 10, at 25, at 50 and at 75. Or maybe I messed up one of the milestones but it was most certainly not "getting them twice" - you just failed to notice any but the final and penultimate milestones. So...

5 minutes ago, BNS_Victory said:

So you could go on vacation and have zero tokens while you maybe deserved a cammo.

...no, it's literally impossible.

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,948 battles
6 minutes ago, eliastion said:

No. You got the tokens right at the moment your loyalty points reached the appropriate threshold

...which would very likely be at 4 AM while you were asleep and the points for sticking with a team were awarded.

6 minutes ago, eliastion said:

...no, it's literally impossible.

Well, true. But you could certainly go from 95 tokens (not enough for a camo) to 195 tokens (camo and change) while asleep, with an early flight awaiting you. Just saying...

[LEEUW]
Players
77 posts
8,087 battles

Ok, well I did not now it worked that way. This discussion is leading to nowhere. I wish wg could have handled this better. Let's hope they don't do this again.  

Sign in to follow this