Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ArmoredFlubbs

Future "Freemiums" Suggestions

7 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
3,279 battles

I had this thought pop up in my head but other than Alaska, what do you think would make decent free xp ships that doesn't have to be tier 9, but could be even lower tier like even tier 6, 7 or 8 seeing as we have Nelson as a low tier freemium. 

[BLUMR]
Players
724 posts
4,364 battles
48 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Kitakami.:Smile_trollface:

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,987 posts
4,242 battles

For the Japanese:

Yukikaze

The old T8 Fubuki from before the IJN DD split (just pick one and give her the old guns and torps)

Design B-65 cruiser

Tone and Ise as hybrid carriers

For France:

Destroyer Volta at T9

UK:
HMS Repulse
HMS Exeter

US:
USS Houston

Although some of these I'd expect to see as a normal prem instead

Players
2,100 posts
4,794 battles

Ok, being serious this time, I'd actually like to see USS Johnston (DD-557) as a premium T9 to stand by her sister, Fletcher.

She doesn't need anything fancy, maybe a heal instead of smoke? Maybe a Pan-Asian DD radar instead of smoke? IDK.

Aside from Johnston, I'd agree with Verdius' suggestion of Yukikaze. However, how would she justify being a Kagerou at T9? Maybe a heal and access to Mod.3s or F3s (or both)?

Hell, seing as we're going hole-hog with the recently-added 'Super-Akizuki' project, maybe the 'Super-Shimakaze' project at T10? But, how would you balance her?:cap_hmm:

Players
538 posts
5,926 battles

I second the proposal for HMS Exeter as a "fremium". Would make a good T6, depending on how the guns perform. I'd say use the hull refit from the time of her sinking, just to make sure the AA is at an at least acceptable level (it was downright shocking before the refit). Other than that, are any of the Dido class famous enough to make the cut? I'd expect one as a premium at some point, but if any of them have a good enough history, it may be a good contender for a T6 premium. 

I don't know if carriers are out of the picture, but maybe HMS Indomitable as a T7/T8 (depending on air wing)? They could even add Bearn for the French tech tree if they were feeling adventurous. 

Sign in to follow this