Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Air_Cheese

Anyone interested with Khabarovsk in ranked season 10?

18 comments in this topic

[PRPR]
Players
49 posts
11,745 battles

I know this will be controversial.

But i would like to see the minority like me who wants to sail with Khaba in rank 10.

I play Khaba in last season. I only played dd in rank, mostly the aggressive / flanking gun boats.  Khaba fits my style, but I would say he is the worst amount the ranked ship i drove:  Kiev (VII), Anshan, Leningrad, Kagero, Ognevoi

My play style is simple, hunting DDs, avoid firing on BB:

• cap directly when both team got only one dd, otherwise cap when the dds left.
  • force enemy dds out of cap when the cap is in open water. Or force enemy dd out of effective torp ranges to our fleet.
  • when i should flank, fire on enemy Des Moines etc, avoid Zao.

My winrate of khaba in rank was 61%, not bad but not a fantastic experience as well.

Like when i used Ognevoi and Kiev in previous seasons, team discouraged even before i pressed 4 x 'W'. blablabla.. I dont really care cuz i got used to it. sigh..

The interesting thing is, i got these comments only when i played in R10 to R6.  Rarely got discouragement comments from R5 to R2. 

The only one i got was a player in one of the top clan, complained that he's at the last stars to R1 but the only dd is my Khaba. He got that R1 in the game.

Khaba is not that bad when facing lower rank but become faint in higher ranks.

I think a Khaba in Season 10 is still odd, despite he got a top 3 server winrate in season 9 (excluding CVs)

He is now facing even more devastating enemy, Stalingrad,  Harugumo, Worcester, Salem .....

But i will probably stick with Khaba.  I have prepared many karma for being reported

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
248 posts
6,667 battles

Dont worry mate, u wont be alone:)I prepared my khebab too for ranked.Will test the new legendary upgrade too in ranked.Hope we meet in game:)

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
5 minutes ago, Air_Cheese said:

I know this will be controversial.

But i would like to see the minority like me who wants to sail with Khaba in rank 10.

I play Khaba in last season. I only played dd in rank, mostly the aggressive / flanking gun boats.  Khaba fits my style, but I would say he is the worst amount the ranked ship i drove:  Kiev (VII), Anshan, Leningrad, Kagero, Ognevoi

My play style is simple, hunting DDs, avoid firing on BB:

• cap directly when both team got only one dd, otherwise cap when the dds left.
  • force enemy dds out of cap when the cap is in open water. Or force enemy dd out of effective torp ranges to our fleet.
  • when i should flank, fire on enemy Des Moines etc, avoid Zao.

My winrate of khaba in rank was 61%, not bad but not a fantastic experience as well.

Like when i used Ognevoi and Kiev in previous seasons, team discouraged even before i pressed 4 x 'W'. blablabla.. I dont really care cuz i got used to it. sigh..

The interesting thing is, i got these comments only when i played in R10 to R6.  Rarely got discouragement comments from R5 to R2. 

The only one i got was a player in one of the top clan, complained that he's at the last stars to R1 but the only dd is my Khaba. He got that R1 in the game.

Khaba is not that bad when facing lower rank but become faint in higher ranks.

I think a Khaba in Season 10 is still odd, despite he got a top 3 server winrate in season 9 (excluding CVs)

He is now facing even more devastating enemy, Stalingrad,  Harugumo, Worcester, Salem .....

But i will probably stick with Khaba.  I have prepared many karma for being reported

if you wont optimal ship for Ranked, aka best ship for its position and role aka best % to win games you WILL NOT sail Khaba

if you wanna have FUN and do not give [edited]about optimising chance for win games you WILL PLAY KHABA......but no ide why you would be so selfish, if you like that ship randoms are perfectly fine to have fun

• Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,483 battles
19 minutes ago, Air_Cheese said:

Go ahead and do play it then, that WR is exceptional for Ranked.

Winning teams nag far less and you are carrying much more than your own weight.

You understand ofc if u want to be team orientated it is not the best option.

On the other hand Ranked is not really team orientated, especially after R8 or so your teammates are more or less also your antagonists for the star saver.

So yeah, whatever

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles

Although I like the idea of playing Khaba in ranked I'm with this guy:

17 minutes ago, veslingr said:

if you wont optimal ship for Ranked, aka best ship for its position and role aka best % to win games you WILL NOT sail Khaba

if you wanna have FUN and do not give [edited]about optimising chance for win games you WILL PLAY KHABA......but no ide why you would be so selfish, if you like that ship randoms are perfectly fine to have fun

I would prefer to bring a more team orientated ship.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, Malfuss said:

Although I like the idea of playing Khaba in ranked I'm with this guy:

I would prefer to bring a more team orientated ship.

well yeah + he as exceptional player would carry eaven more in "proper" ship. 

Khaba is not a ship to cary games becasue it is to much of allarounder.

but still OP can carry because captain wins over ships in this games

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
602 posts
4,922 battles

Well on the plus side .... The enemy team probably has no idea what to do versus a Khaba.

It's sounds great to see a Khaba in the enemy tea ... but if the normal DD makes a small misplay he can get hunted and sank pretty fast. Which leaves you Khaba free to take at least one of the caps easily.

I would definately see myself get cocky and punished when playing my gearing vs a Khaba.

I might try a few rounds with my own Khaba... just to see what happens :P

[PRPR]
Players
49 posts
11,745 battles
35 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Go ahead and do play it then, that WR is exceptional for Ranked.

Winning teams nag far less and you are carrying much more than your own weight.

You understand ofc if u want to be team orientated it is not the best option.

On the other hand Ranked is not really team orientated, especially after R8 or so your teammates are more or less also your antagonists for the star saver.

So yeah, whatever

Thanks, i do agree with you. However, the Khaba in my hand isnt a good star saver :-( . That's why i had to played 40+ games to reach R1 in S9 comparing to S8

30 minutes ago, veslingr said:

well yeah + he as exceptional player would carry eaven more in "proper" ship. 

Khaba is not a ship to cary games becasue it is to much of allarounder.

but still OP can carry because captain wins over ships in this games

The reason i want to play this only because i don't really know how to play other ships. 

26 minutes ago, Hummus said:

Well on the plus side .... The enemy team probably has no idea what to do versus a Khaba.

It's sounds great to see a Khaba in the enemy tea ... but if the normal DD makes a small misplay he can get hunted and sank pretty fast. Which leaves you Khaba free to take at least one of the caps easily.

I would definately see myself get cocky and punished when playing my gearing vs a Khaba.

I might try a few rounds with my own Khaba... just to see what happens :P

That is exactly what happen when i played in R10-R6. DDs that met me in open water caps got mess up. smoke, turning, sunk or left with 1/4 health.  But R5-R2 is different.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,973 posts
7,346 battles

I think Harugumo would be a better choice for ranked, IMO. It's a bit more teamplay oriented by having at least usable torpedoes, even better HE DPM, and bad but workable concealment.

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles
51 minutes ago, Air_Cheese said:

Thanks, i do agree with you. However, the Khaba in my hand isnt a good star saver :-( . That's why i had to played 40+ games to reach R1 in S9 comparing to S8

The reason i want to play this only because i don't really know how to play other ships. 

That is exactly what happen when i played in R10-R6. DDs that met me in open water caps got mess up. smoke, turning, sunk or left with 1/4 health.  But R5-R2 is different.

Ok, the more I think about it, the more intrigued I get. Do you run the standard heal build or some sort of hybrid?

[PRPR]
Players
49 posts
11,745 battles
56 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

Ok, the more I think about it, the more intrigued I get. Do you run the standard heal build or some sort of hybrid?

image.thumb.png.004ead92a11d248b503e8b5dc9120e56.png

I hope this is clear to you. i use heal, i am willing to spot for most cases.

• Cool 1

Players
126 posts
7,378 battles

If I get to the stage where Ranked is Teir 10 I'll use the Khaba because I love the heal playstyle. 

Given the radar meta there's no point smoking up team mates. Instead I can spot for them by getting shot at and harassing the flanks and rear. 

Also, it's only a game. I play it for fun :) 

[PRPR]
Players
49 posts
11,745 battles
22 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Who got good experience about khabe legendary upgrade?

no idea, it is not desirable for me

less maneuverability means you have to keep even further distance to bb/dds. The DPM from a long range khaba isnt that important to the team.

The aims should be suppressing DDs and these "sons of mountains" CAs

[PRPR]
Players
49 posts
11,745 battles

Just played 6 games with khaba and all wins and reached R10. Lower ranked are mostly a mess. 

received one question by top clan's stalingard : khaba in rank?

:p

Sign in to follow this