Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Future of WoWS

82 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
4,014 posts

Hello captains,

 

Last couple of days I have been thinking a lot about WoWs.

I do love the game, even if I get my dose of daily frustration on regular basis.

 

Ive been observing how WG is sailing its flag ship.

We can see that all the focus on T10 is real and in my opinion that is a good way to kill the game.

 

Imagine how this game will look in 2,3,4 years when the majority of the players grind all T10 ships.

Sure they can add some new lines, but that cant go on forever... even at this very moment at least 30% of ships in battles are already premiums!

 

What will happen to all premiums at lower tiers we bought, if there wont be any more players grinding at lower tiers? Will we play them with bots?

 

There are some temporary solutions such as re-grind of entire lines for lets say ... unique camos ... or even better - legendary upgrades for all ships.

But then again thats temporary and  FXP can kill it in seconds.

 

What do you guys think. Are you OK with that? Am I overthinking here? What is your opinion?

 

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Hello captains,

 

Last couple of days I have been thinking a lot about WoWs.

I do love the game, even if I get my dose of daily frustration on regular basis.

 

Ive been observing how WG is sailing its flag ship.

We can see that all the focus on T10 is real and in my opinion that is a good way to kill the game.

 

Imagine how this game will look in 2,3,4 years when the majority of the players grind all T10 ships.

Sure they can add some new lines, but that cant go on forever... even at this very moment at least 30% of ships in battles are already premiums!

 

What will happen to all premiums at lower tiers we bought, if there wont be any more players grinding at lower tiers? Will we play them with bots?

 

There are some temporary solutions such as re-grind of entire lines for lets say ... unique camos ... or even better - legendary upgrades for all ships.

But then again thats temporary and  FXP can kill it in seconds.

 

What do you guys think. Are you OK with that? Am I overthinking here? What is your opinion?

 

 

Erm, this is a hobby, not a way of life, whenever WG pulls the plug-the playerbase dwindles to basically 0, will have to move on.

 

I think you need to find alternate hobbies, if you have so much time to think about WoWs.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

this is very true in a lot of ways there is a lack of content below tier 10 yes there are a few operations that you need a division for but besides that there is not much to do but grind and grind and well you know grind.

 

even the clan based stuff is very limited.

 

though if i remember rightly there was a grand plan to eventually integrate all 3 games together (WOT,WOWS,and WOP) all fighting together on massive clan wars maps, planes from a world of planes client dropping bombs on WOWS BB's battleships bombarding the land aiming for for tanks in wot ect.

 

its a interesting vision i guess but i think were year and year away from that   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,353 battles

Everything has a beginning and an end including this game so don't think much about it, you will get bored and stop playing in 1-2 years anyway. Plus me for example it has been 8-9 months since I finished grinding all the CVs and I haven't been grinding anything since, I just play those for 1-3 games when I feel like it and thats it, no more credits or exp, until at least we see a third carrier line so never ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,186 battles

I think no need to worry lad. I like playing middle tiers and sometimes even the lower ones. Probably there are more people out there who do the same. AND I find tier 10 quite boring to be honest, all the same ships in all the same 2-3 maps which I hate all over again ad-nauseam... There's much more variety available in the middle (tiers 5-8) and I find it quite often more fun too.:Smile_Default:

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
11 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Hello captains,

 

Last couple of days I have been thinking a lot about WoWs.

I do love the game, even if I get my dose of daily frustration on regular basis.

 

Ive been observing how WG is sailing its flag ship.

We can see that all the focus on T10 is real and in my opinion that is a good way to kill the game.

 

Imagine how this game will look in 2,3,4 years when the majority of the players grind all T10 ships.

Sure they can add some new lines, but that cant go on forever... even at this very moment at least 30% of ships in battles are already premiums!

 

What will happen to all premiums at lower tiers we bought, if there wont be any more players grinding at lower tiers? Will we play them with bots?

 

There are some temporary solutions such as re-grind of entire lines for lets say ... unique camos ... or even better - legendary upgrades for all ships.

But then again thats temporary and  FXP can kill it in seconds.

 

What do you guys think. Are you OK with that? Am I overthinking here? What is your opinion?

 

focusing on t10 should and must be real END GAME.....otherwise it is idiotic grind fest without reason.

so i do not agree focusing t10 will bring end to wows...if or when they introduce dynamic map it MUST BE FOR T 10 and than we will have proper game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
15 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Imagine how this game will look in 2,3,4 years when the majority of the players grind all T10 ships.

Sure they can add some new lines, but that cant go on forever... even at this very moment at least 30% of ships in battles are already premiums!

 

It will be at least out of the open beta when it reaches 1.0 in 2020-ish.

For any other predictions just look at World of Tanks.

 

15 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

There are some temporary solutions such as re-grind of entire lines for lets say ... unique camos ... or even better - legendary upgrades for all ships.

But then again thats temporary and  FXP can kill it in seconds.

 

1b26zm.jpg

 

No, thank you?

 

15 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

What do you guys think. Are you OK with that? Am I overthinking here? What is your opinion?

 

Like in most other long running games, there will be a generation shift and Wargaming won't change a thing as long as money is pooring in like no tomorrow (I'am looking at all thouse who bought the Pay-61)

 

Or in other words:

"Same old, same old"

 

But I at least will have moved on to something that is actually worth money.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
4,153 posts

T10 economics are extremely bad for.. let's say average players. The more they focus on T10, the less there will be players on the servers (and I've noticed late evening server population being from 5k to 10k in the past two days). IMO they should find a way to include end game equivalent or event based content for a bigger spread of tiers, at least from tier IV/V upwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

 

Sure they can add some new lines, but that cant go on forever... 

What do you guys think. Are you OK with that? Am I overthinking here? What is your opinion?

 

In addition to what everyone else has already said, I would just respond specifically to this line and ask if you have looked at the WoT tech trees recently?  Because of course they cannot add stuff "forever", but they can and will milk the hell out of it whilst the game still has paying players.  Personally, I am really looking forward to the Botswana CV line in 2024 - because a child in Botswana once drew a picture of an aircraft carrier so it's historically accurate.

 

Besides, the game does have Operations at tier 6 and 7 which they can expand upon if needed.

 

But yeah, just enjoy it whilst it lasts and don't overanalyze it.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,014 posts
Just now, krazypenguin said:

In addition to what everyone else has already said, I would just respond specifically to this line and ask if you have looked at the WoT tech trees recently?  Because of course they cannot add stuff "forever", but they can and will milk the hell out of it whilst the game still has paying players.  Personally, I am really looking forward to the Botswana CV line in 2024 - because a child in Botswana once drew a picture of an aircraft carrier so it's historically accurate.

 

Besides, the game does have Operations at tier 6 and 7 which they can expand upon if needed.

 

But yeah, just enjoy it whilst it lasts and don't overanalyze it.

I never touched WOT.

But the reason I was thinking about this is because of premiums I bought and the fact they will get more and more useless (xcept T9 and T10).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
9 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

T10 economics are extremely bad for.. let's say average players. The more they focus on T10, the less there will be players on the servers (and I've noticed late evening server population being from 5k to 10k in the past two days). IMO they should find a way to include end game equivalent or event based content for a bigger spread of tiers, at least from tier IV/V upwards.

holidays mate holidays...btw numbers of players is increasing stadily over past 2 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,186 battles
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I never touched WOT.

But the reason I was thinking about this is because of premiums I bought and the fact they will get more and more useless (xcept T9 and T10).

WOT - Me neither BUT how would your premiums suddenly get more useless?:cap_wander_2: If you keep playing them they will be just as useful as they ever were won't they? :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I never touched WOT.

But the reason I was thinking about this is because of premiums I bought and the fact they will get more and more useless (xcept T9 and T10).

dinamic map= t10

ranked= lower tiers

Campains/mission=mix

FUN=whatever you prefer to play randoms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,014 posts
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Me neither BUT how would your premiums suddenly get more useless?:cap_wander_2: If you keep playing them they will be just as useful as they ever were won't they? :cap_hmm:

In a way that in the future players will be playing only T10 (forced or natural by grinding) and lower tiers will  eventually  - "fade out".

Even now ratio between silver and premium ships at low/mid tiers is changing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Even now ratio between silver and premium ships at low/mid tiers is changing.

 

I think we will all happily wait for you to provide any evidence backing that up, but not holding our breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

In a way that in the future players will be playing only T10 (forced or natural by grinding) and lower tiers will  eventually  - "fade out".

Even now ratio between silver and premium ships at low/mid tiers is changing.

 

if you plaed wot you would see WG logic, and to part i agree

 

t10 - competitive play=expencive

t7-8 premiums= money and captain grind to "finance" t10 play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles

I'm finding myself getting more disillusioned with it, from reading the forums and some of the idiotic posts (some of which might even be mine), to the current passive DD playstyle, the toxicity in chat, right down to just playing the game. Quite often I find myself logging into the game, staring at my ships and logging back out. I don't enjoy DD play as much, was looking forward to lower tier ranked only to get the same as last season, got no interest in grinding for the so called legendary modules, the steam rolling in matches that feels more prevalent, high tier players that still don't seem to have grasped the basic mechanics, I even bought the Z-61 in the hopes it would bring some enjoyment back to the game have played 2 or 3 times in it.

 

I could go on but I'm depressing myself just writing it and I certainly don't want to pass that on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,373 posts

More operations (and scratch the weekly schedule) and more game modes, besides ranked and CB - problem solved. If WG want ideas, well, my consultant fees are negotiable and in this case it would still be a bit of a labour of love, so I'd be quite reasonable about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAFT]
Players
9,522 posts
8,849 battles
21 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Imagine how this game will look in 2,3,4 years when the majority of the players grind all T10 ships

 

At this moment, i dont even see a reason to grind anything, let alone play hightiers.

Reason not to grind anything? Next Broken/OP ship/line already waits to be released. Powercreep is a thing, i rather wonder how they can keep that up. At some point we might see BBs with <10km concealment and reload of 10 secs :cap_fainting:

Grinding in general would imply that i would want to play T10 - which i dont (alltho not entirely true, id like to play Hindenburg, but not with the :etc_swear: around me). Also grinding legendary modules is implying that you want to play T10, while at the same time many ppl are bitching that they dont want to play T10, but have to in order to not be "left out" of the content. Am i the only one who thinks that this is kinda insane?

 

Just now, nambr9 said:

Even now ratio between silver and premium ships at low/mid tiers is changing.

Can agree to that one. Its approaching 50% on midtiers. (yesterday one battle T5 11 out of 24).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Malfuss said:

I'm finding myself getting more disillusioned with it, from reading the forums and some of the idiotic posts (some of which might even be mine), to the current passive DD playstyle, the toxicity in chat, right down to just playing the game. Quite often I find myself logging into the game, staring at my ships and logging back out. I don't enjoy DD play as much, was looking forward to lower tier ranked only to get the same as last season, got no interest in grinding for the so called legendary modules, the steam rolling in matches that feels more prevalent, high tier players that still don't seem to have grasped the basic mechanics, I even bought the Z-61 in the hopes it would bring some enjoyment back to the game have played 2 or 3 times in it.

 

I could go on but I'm depressing myself just writing it and I certainly don't want to pass that on.

when we have t 10 peoples cry about lower tiers...when we have t7,8 ranked peoples cried how it is bad and P2W tier where "money" wins stars by OP t7,8 premiums.....it seams forum crybabies are never happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
33 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

We can see that all the focus on T10 is real and in my opinion that is a good way to kill the game.

 

Imagine how this game will look in 2,3,4 years when the majority of the players grind all T10 ships.

Sure they can add some new lines, but that cant go on forever... even at this very moment at least 30% of ships in battles are already premiums!

 

What will happen to all premiums at lower tiers we bought, if there wont be any more players grinding at lower tiers? Will we play them with bots?

 

What do you guys think. Are you OK with that? Am I overthinking here? What is your opinion?

 

They know the game is not growing anymore, so the focus on T10 is to gain money fast.

 

They will probably add bots in randomsin lower tiers, like in the WoWp failure.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,014 posts

Btw .. Juanx just wanna let u know that the forum ignore feature is working as intended .. and dont even bother answering me, coz I cant (and dont have any need to) see your posts :cap_cool:

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, DFens_666 said:

 

At this moment, i dont even see a reason to grind anything, let alone play hightiers.

Reason not to grind anything? Next Broken/OP ship/line already waits to be released. Powercreep is a thing, i rather wonder how they can keep that up. At some point we might see BBs with <10km concealment and reload of 10 secs :cap_fainting:

Grinding in general would imply that i would want to play T10 - which i dont (alltho not entirely true, id like to play Hindenburg, but not with the :etc_swear: around me). Also grinding legendary modules is implying that you want to play T10, while at the same time many ppl are bitching that they dont want to play T10, but have to in order to not be "left out" of the content. Am i the only one who thinks that this is kinda insane?

 

Can agree to that one. Its approaching 50% on midtiers. (yesterday one battle T5 11 out of 24).

there are no powercrap in this games....one of oldest lines have most used ships in competitive...Montana, DM, Zao.....see....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,246 battles
3 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

I'm finding myself getting more disillusioned with it, from reading the forums and some of the idiotic posts (some of which might even be mine), to the current passive DD playstyle, the toxicity in chat, right down to just playing the game. Quite often I find myself logging into the game, staring at my ships and logging back out. I don't enjoy DD play as much, was looking forward to lower tier ranked only to get the same as last season, got no interest in grinding for the so called legendary modules, the steam rolling in matches that feels more prevalent, high tier players that still don't seem to have grasped the basic mechanics, I even bought the Z-61 in the hopes it would bring some enjoyment back to the game have played 2 or 3 times in it.

 

I could go on but I'm depressing myself just writing it and I certainly don't want to pass that on.

 

Take a step back and find some perspective, this is a game, if your reaction to playing it is as you describe, let go and if you dont improve seek help.

 

Accept that human beings are flawed(very), will help you cope with everything.

 

1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Btw .. Juanx just wanna let u know that the forum ignore feature is working as intended .. and dont even bother answering me, coz I cant (and dont have any need to) see your posts :cap_cool:

 

Aww, how cute, it found its safe space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×