Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warhawk1984

Match Maker

12 comments in this topic

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

i have nothing against the +2/-2 MM it allows for short queue times which we all want.

however a upgrade to the MM i feel is needed MM should take into account modules on the ship stock ships have no business fighting ships 2 tiers higher so here is my idea.

MM remains fundamentally the same but stock ships, truly stock ships (excluding premiums and tier 10's) will always be top tier so effectively a stock tier 6 will have a mm range of +0/-2  the moment you research a module it changes to +1/-2 MM so the moment you research something you can be put against 1 tier higher once fully researched (not including the grind to the next ship) you get standard +2/-2.

effectively making it 

Stock ships +0/-2 (no higher tier than you)

partial researched +1/-2 ( bet make sure you really want that gun range increase now or wait till you got the hull to go with it because you will be facing higher tier ships every now and again)

fully researched +2/-2 ( back to the standard MM we currently use)

i personally believe this will make the MM a lot fairer without leading to massively long queue times 

love to hear your guys feedback if you have a different idea please feel free to have your say    

• Bad 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

doesnt work because on some ships, there's hardly any relevant difference between stock and fully upgraded while on others it's a whole world between them. Plus, unnecessarily complicated.

• Cool 8

[PUPSI]
Players
730 posts
2,447 battles

I'm not convinced. Wouldn't it make it theoretically possible to be always top tier indefinitely by keeping your ship stock? And if it's theoretically possible, I would expect someone to do it, calculating that it allows indefinite seal-clubbing. I'm not sure that's a good thing to encourage.

Edited by 10ThousandThings
Punctuation
  • Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
9,461 posts
8,816 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

doesnt work because on some ships, there's hardly any relevant difference between stock and fully upgraded while on others it's a whole world between them.

Ye wanted to say the same... I would play ships without upgrade them because they are perfectly fine when i would be toptier all the time.

Also, ive several ship where i dont use all upgrades, basicly i dont use the range module on any DD i currently own, so i wouldnt get +2 MM in them ever.

So, i know it kinda sounds good at first, but its pretty bad when you think 1 step ahead.

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles
Just now, 10ThousandThings said:

I'm not convinced. Wouldn't it make it theoretically possible to be always top tier indefinitely by keeping your ship stock. And if it's theoretically possible, I would expect someone to do it, calculating that it allows indefinite seal-clubbing. I'm not sure that's a good thing to encourage.

true however its a lot harder seal clubbing in a stock ship when a fully upgraded ship with a longer range more hp and faster is firing back just because your top tier in a stock ship dont mean that the other top tiers in the game are stock

[NBS]
Beta Tester
258 posts
8,249 battles

Oh MM is fine ... what are you talking about.

shot-18.08.19_13.01.36-0403.jpg

shot-18.08.19_13.11.15-0003.jpg

That T8 ship definetly had fun getting gang-b*nged by T10s :)

• Cool 2

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ye wanted to say the same... I would play ships without upgrade them because they are perfectly fine when i would be toptier all the time.

Also, ive several ship where i dont use all upgrades, basicly i dont use the range module on any DD i currently own, so i wouldnt get +2 MM in them ever.

So, i know it kinda sounds good at first, but its pretty bad when you think 1 step ahead.

again that is true and the only way round that i can think of is needing every module researched to advance to the next ship

and while it still dont fix it as such because you can just wait till you got the xp and research next ship and upgrade at the same time is becomes player choice if he wants a slightly gimped range to get to fight only +1 instead of +2 effectively it gives the player a bit more control 

[PUPSI]
Players
730 posts
2,447 battles
10 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

true however its a lot harder seal clubbing in a stock ship when a fully upgraded ship with a longer range more hp and faster is firing back just because your top tier in a stock ship dont mean that the other top tiers in the game are stock

True, but as @Tyrendian89 and @DFens_666 have pointed out, that reservation doesn't apply to all ships by any means...

EDIT: Just for clarity, I don't think this exploit would be a good idea. But if it's theoretically possible, someone will try it, and I don't think they should get what amounts to a reward for not upgrading their ship. Quite apart from the 'unnecessarily complicated' point.

Players
564 posts
1 hour ago, silence5 said:

Oh MM is fine ... what are you talking about.
That T8 ship definetly had fun getting gang-b*nged by T10s :)

2 games today with Mogami. 1st only had 60% T10s and in the 2nd game i was the only T8 with two T9 and rest T10.

Sure was jolly good time.

• Cool 1

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

IMO the class which suffers the most from being bottom tier are cruisers. In a DD or BB I usually manage to do my part but a cruiser is a different story. My proposal would be to make a preference tolerance of +/- 1 for cruisers. In low hours be able to queue them in +/- 2 but in peak hours the 1 should be possible? (I don't care for CV's so I didn't include them here).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this