Crysantos

Update 0.7.8 - General Feedback

45 comments in this topic

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,075 battles

Captains, 

Please leave any general feedback on the public test of 0.7.8 here. Should it concern one of the topics mentioned below, please head to the dedicated thread:

Bugs

Anniversary event

Ranked Season

Changes to French cruisers

As always you can find a detailed list of the changes that we are testing on our portal: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-078-wows-birthday/

Greetings, Crysantos

Players
2 posts
275 battles

Hello, Playing on a 49 inch TV. Before update when I launched the game it took around 60-70% of the screen and the font was big enough and nothing was out of sync - could read stuff or game a net game while waiting for next battle just by switching over with mouse. After this last update though - something changed. Tried different resolutions, but that didn't help. The 1920x1080 it was on before - is now a lot smaller and takes up around 40-50% of the screen(too small for me to see from my usual position). If I put it on Fullscreen - it goes to 3840x2160 - the screen gets fully covered and graphics are solid - but the font is out of sync aka it is still around the same size as in 1920x1080 resolution. As a result when I start a battle the endges of the screen(like mini-map on one side and part of the ships direction on the other side is cut off). Other details are smaller too - so in the end can't play it properly. I have seen similar problems with other online games too. And I haven't changed any software/hardware. 

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,585 battles
8 minutes ago, chufans said:

Hello, Playing on a 49 inch TV. Before update when I launched the game it took around 60-70% of the screen and the font was big enough and nothing was out of sync - could read stuff or game a net game while waiting for next battle just by switching over with mouse. After this last update though - something changed. Tried different resolutions, but that didn't help. The 1920x1080 it was on before - is now a lot smaller and takes up around 40-50% of the screen(too small for me to see from my usual position). If I put it on Fullscreen - it goes to 3840x2160 - the screen gets fully covered and graphics are solid - but the font is out of sync aka it is still around the same size as in 1920x1080 resolution. As a result when I start a battle the endges of the screen(like mini-map on one side and part of the ships direction on the other side is cut off). Other details are smaller too - so in the end can't play it properly. I have seen similar problems with other online games too. And I haven't changed any software/hardware. 

Did you see this?

Players
12 posts
19,544 battles

soooo let me get this straight 

ive gotten rank 1 5 times now 

ive gotten all 3 flags for stalingrad 

and now i took the stalingrad from the arsenal and the system took all my steel INSTEAD OF THE FLAGS and im left with 1k steel?!

WHAT? where is your promise of the flags being worth 6k 6k 10k accordingly 

it basically gave us whatever the last season of CWs gave us and the first 2 flags were worth nothing?!!

also werent we suppose to get copper for each previous rank 1 this patch? 

got none of those

[4QU4]
Players
5 posts
7,034 battles

Sharks and Eagles brands are gone. 

If I had known that, I have bought the DM camouflage or camouflage for better leveling or something like that.

I had about 150 Flags... really annoying...

• Cool 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
59 minutes ago, mimata2007 said:

Paintjob for the Tirpitz "Norwegian camouflage" seems to be unfinished.

20180823175850_1.thumb.jpg.42098c25695ab70ddee3cd38c9d7e3b5.jpg

it is not...or is. but not by wg but by the germans themselves https://www.bismarck-class.dk/tirpitz/paint_schemes/paint_tirpitz_1942.html

scroll down for "Paint Scheme G (June 1942 - July 1942)"

• Cool 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

i would like an option in "content disabler" or rather return of that option as it was possible previously: you put both "The Last Conquest" and "From the Bottom of the Ocean" skins under the same option, but i would like to see only Bismarck's intact skin and not the zombie one. That doesnt fall into "historical" cathegory anyway.

(btw the Hood's camo from the same event is not historical either, are you even aware of that? http://www.hmshood.com/photos/hoodphotos3.htm)

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
732 posts
2,459 battles

Might be a coincidence so treat with a pinch of salt, but I seem to be getting faster loading times than I have for several patches. Always nice to have a bit more time to sit and admire my ships!:cat_cool::Smile_medal:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

@MrConway @Crysantos

So...with the Contest Helena Camo for "sale" (only for the price of a Tier IX Camo) this teased "Mission Chain" was a lie (again)?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/camo-and-slam/

liar2jcjz.png

Guess the design was too good to pass up them sweet $,$ ?

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-max-

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,316 battles
8 hours ago, Paradroid_999 said:

Sharks and Eagles brands are gone. 

If I had known that, I have bought the DM camouflage or camouflage for better leveling or something like that.

I had about 150 Flags... really annoying...

I suppose you meant those GoNavy tokens and not actual flags?

The Go Navy event was temporary. It was announced beforehand that these tokens were going to be converted into credits as of 0.7.8

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,808 posts
Vor 5 Stunden, Mandalorianer sagte:

So...with the Contest Helena Camo for "sale" (only for the price of a Tier IX Camo) this teased "Mission Chain" was a lie (again)?

rrrt.thumb.JPG.8136c0d9e7ab54087b9639d25e7e310b.JPG

Beta Tester
1 post
3,060 battles

Yet again I get really close to the reward for "Go Navy" I had 100 shark tokens, I needed 125 for the camo. I almost only play on Co-Op/Scenario so not much chance to win more. Then its all removed. This is why I left the game for a year last time. Might not come back this time.

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,052 posts
22,620 battles
4 minutes ago, E1Diablo said:

Yet again I get really close to the reward for "Go Navy" I had 100 shark tokens, I needed 125 for the camo. I almost only play on Co-Op/Scenario so not much chance to win more. Then its all removed. This is why I left the game for a year last time. Might not come back this time.

Well, they had it all announced, also before 7.8's release, and you could also see the event's expiration date in game so don't blame WG for that.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,075 battles
11 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

@MrConway @Crysantos

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/camo-and-slam/

liar2jcjz.png

Guess the design was too good to pass up them sweet $,$ ?

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-max-

That wasn't supposed to happen but we already have a PSA and solution for this :)

Link to the info

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
29 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

That wasn't supposed to happen but we already have a PSA and solution for this :)

Link to the info

Greetings, Crysantos

1jiK.gif

[-LD-]
Beta Tester
10 posts
15,650 battles

Blakscreens after update ,happend 2-3 times now within 2 hours ,in battle and in port 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

The new port content filter for ship skins and event content is generalizing way to much. I'd like to be able to actually filter like I was able to do before. Now it is all or nothing. Some of those things I might like and others I do not want.

Everyone who will not read the patchnotes, like every player joining at a later date, will not know what content is covered by which switch. If need be add more sub-categories. But please let us filter properly with titles that actually tell us what we are filtering.

[POI--]
Players
1 post
7,263 battles

So im a tad annoyed right now (huge understatement) because after logging in from being away for a week and just now patching the game i find that this mission has been completely been reset, I was half way through stage five, a stones throw from the finishing only to get sent back to the start. All i want to know is how the hell did this happen and what can be done to fix it other than forcing me to grind this crap all over again!

Edit: false alarm guys, my client had a brain fart and all is correct.

shot-18.08.25_17.24.26-0196.jpg

Edited by StukaBazooka
updated info

[N0RSE]
Players
193 posts
10,012 battles

For the n-th time, I suppose players have moaned about this enough: BALANCE RADAR AND HYDRO SHIPS.. what an advantage it is to have more radar and hydro ships than the opposition... IT's like having 2 carriers vs 1.. or 1 vs 0.. for a DD it matters so much it is insane.. there's suddenly no point in 1. playing the objective (because then you have to go way beneath their radar range, you're such a juicy target.... so why bother?)..2. scouting is so far off your table of duties.. it's no longer part of the game, not to mention spotting gives 0 exp..So what's left?.. Hmm I suspect I'll play the DD's as long range gun boats and long range torp boats.. F3 on shima? Best joke of the century...!! Back to 20km and just sit back and torp from 10km + and be a pain.. Or drop IJN torp boats for IJN gun boats which are frickin' fun, play Gearing which has been a better torp boat than Shima for 10+ patches or be a dork in Asashio at T8 with 20km crazy good BB torps.. The later is sooooo much fun..  Sad to see WG being unable to balance such a simple ting.. 

Radar is ok, I can play around it, but when the opposition has 2-3 more radar ships than you, pushing or playing any objective is a surefire way to death.. 

Playing a cruiser or BB is fine, I can just wait until the DD's have to sacrifice themselves in order to cap or scout and then it's a wrap.. Get real, change the balance!!

-Frustrated player..

[U-S-K]
Players
2 posts
4,075 battles

https://worldofwarships.eu/de/news/game-updates/update-078-wows-birthday/

Die folgenden Tarnungen der Serie „Azur Lane“ wurden hinzugefügt: Hipper, Cleveland, Hood, Nelson und Enterprise. Die Tarnungen können im Premium-Laden erworben werden. Die Tarnungen gewähren folgende Boni:

1dcac382-a51f-11e8-8e83-ac162d8bc1e4.png1dbef368-a51f-11e8-bd71-ac162d8bc1e4.png1dc83ba8-a51f-11e8-b775-ac162d8bc1e4.png1dce2eb4-a51f-11e8-9cf5-ac162d8bc1e4.png1dbbe858-a51f-11e8-b775-ac162d8bc1e4.png

• –3 % Erkennbarkeit zu Wasser
  • +4 % Streuung von Granaten, die Gegner auf Ihr Schiff abfeuern
  • –10 % Schiffswartungskosten
  • +50 % EP je Gefecht

Could anybody tell me, where  i find these AzurLane Camouflage's for Hipper, Hood and Nelson, Cleveland and Enterprise? It has been announced that you could purchase them at the Premium Shop, but until today there is None of them to buy there. (Europe Client)

Greetings