Sign in to follow this  
Crysantos

French Cruiser Changes

7 comments in this topic

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,080 battles

Dear captains, 

With update 0.7.8 we've introduced a new consumable for French cruisers - the main reload booster. Please let us know your feedback and experience with it - also with the related balancing changes to the reload of affected cruisers.

[CATS]
Players
26,189 posts
14,119 battles

The reduction in fire rate for Tier VIII and IX was not necessary.

I hope you will see that in your stats and act soon.

• Cool 2

Players
5,976 posts
11,331 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

The reduction in fire rate for Tier VIII and IX was not necessary.

I hope you will see that in your stats and act soon.

According to WG the stats were too high...but having played Hipper a lot recently I think the other cruisers at the same tiers are a bit meh.

I still think it's a bad idea to nerf a non-radar cruiser line with all the radar flak going on recently. It's just an extra second of wait with having to put more focus into the gimmicks and not waste the potential of the reload booster...just so one can 'break even' with the CM from before the nerf.

Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

According to WG the stats were too high...but having played Hipper a lot recently I think the other cruisers at the same tiers are a bit meh.

I still think it's a bad idea to nerf a non-radar cruiser line with all the radar flak going on recently. It's just an extra second of wait with having to put more focus into the gimmicks and not waste the potential of the reload booster...just so one can 'break even' with the CM from before the nerf.

Agreed. Like it or not, W.G are still a commercial operation, without a signal, at 15% fire chances and this rate of fire, you're on the loosing end of many engagements, those ships speed isn't nearly enough to compensate for this, and of course as a consumable we have to use credit for it.

I did use this new consumable and find it too much of a gimmyck, it doesn't last long enough to really make a difference, as if W.G hoped to make people play them as brawlers, which they are not, i would have preferred better concealment but i guess it's way too much asking.

I hope they correct those weaknesses with the Brennus. Wait and see.

• Cool 1

Players
93 posts
34,404 battles

The one who invented the Torpedo Reload Booster is an idiot. And the one who invented the Main Battery Reload Booster is a double idiot. Unrealistic - better to remove.

A battleship (with engine boost) faster than a destroyer, the torpedo charging for a few seconds, now an acceleration for the cannon,  what's next? Will we be able to use strafing with Yamato? Or why do not enter the German torpedo T-IIa (G7e) FAT and / or TV (G 7e)?

Players
123 posts
9,732 battles

I absoutely love it. It makes my Henri IV much more fun to play, being able to punish people who show broadside with AP, or people who've just used DCP with more fires. But it still doesn't make the ship too strong. The nerf at tiers VIII and IX is reasonable as both ships were already quite strong.