Crysantos

Ranked Season X

57 comments in this topic

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,075 battles

Dear captains,

Please leave your feedback on Ranked Season 10 and the new ruleset in this thread!

• Bad 1

Players
1 post
12,646 battles
19 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Dear captains,

Please leave your feedback on Ranked Season 10 and the new ruleset in this thread!

In ranked season 10 will be free redistribute commander points???

[LICON]
Players
14 posts
7,119 battles

T10 at R15 already? Seriously? Are you mad?

From a BB player POV: Ranked is a great occasion to refresh the skills at the best balanced tiers: 7/8. You ask us to take these ships to 2 (TWO!) won battles, then switch to T10 and fight that until the end?! Don't get me wrong, I have 3 good T10 ships, I can fight. I just don't want to. It's boring and gives 0 sense of accomplishment.

I don't know yet whether I'm going to push to regain my current rank and stop there or just stop at R14, where T10 begins. I'm sure as hell not going to compete for anything more this season. Boycott.

Worst. Season. Ever. I was waiting for months to take Roma and Monarch for the R15-R10 sprint. Or maybe Hood, Scharn and Nagato. Hell, maybe T6. Or maybe - just maybe - play T9 from R12 or so for a change. Instead we're supposed to just grind T10 for a full month?!? No, thanks.

Oh, if I could at least opt out of the guaranteed R15 and start over from the bottom! I would, right now. Even if that would mean losing all the free bonuses. At least I would have some interesting battles on the way.

This is [edited]. I'm very, VERY dissapointed.

• Cool 2

[NUNC]
Players
37 posts
22,582 battles

Only thing I really hate, is the top spot on the loosing team where you dont loose a star.

You get the first 3 kills for your team, take the only cap your team wins for the entire match and get a 200point lead.  Only to loose the match because the rest of your team snipes from max range and farms damage, while the enemy can get the caps for free.  And to make matters worse because they've been sniping from the back they somehow score more points and you loose your star eventhough you're practically the only one playing the objectives.  It's supposed to be a team effort but that 1 rule pretty much kills teamplay, instead of supposedly rewarding a good player.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
12 posts
8,447 battles

This ranked battle is a joke.

18-16 is for tier 8

15-2 is for tier 10

1 is for tier 5.

Why no tier 9. ???

what the hell is this. ?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,088 posts
8,430 battles
4 minutes ago, alphadec said:

Why no tier 9. ???

Tier 9 would be a horrible Ranked tier due to powercreep and Free XP premiums.

Ranked tier 6 is what I would like to see. We have not had it in ages and with the rebalance of the Cleveland tier 6 is actually pretty well balanced at the moment and almost all of the tier 6 ships would be viable in Ranked.

[SWN]
Players
59 posts
7,235 battles

Ranked T10 is an absolute crap show, over 20 battles played so far and still rank 15 because of complete and utter fools who have no clue how to play a T10 ship... The amount of suicidal rushes, full broadside to yamatos and other stupid crap I've seen so far... and there is always the half of your team who just plays to not loose a star....

Ranked is a complete and horrid disaster.  Wargaming might as well quit ranked all together, it has very little to do with your own skill. You can't carry a team of idiots in T10 ranked like you can in T8 or  T7. Ranked is just another RNG-fest, it depends on who the MM puts in your team..

Players
1 post
6,389 battles

its EDIT i have no t10 ship and cant do ranked ? buth wath can we do ? we can buy doubllons and thats it ? 

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I've had it with the T10 fetish WG displays. I was "lucky" enough I slacked big time during last ranked season (again, because of T10) that I now started at R20, so I can play some T8 ships without getting mauled to death by the brutal random T8 matchmaker. Once I hit R15, I'll leave this mode for what it is, and will continue to do so until it comes back to "normal" tiers. That clanbattles are T10 is fine by me, but at least offer some diversity by having an almost identical gamemode in another tier/tierbracket then.

Players
1 post

You know what? EDIT the ranked battles...and not spending another euro on this EDIT

Think about something else...but ranked...no thanks! its too damn bad...no fun anymore....

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles

Of course it is even more frustrating, even antogonizing, to put even heavier emphasis on Tier X. I absolutely detest that decision. High tier gameplay is either unbelievably boring or way too difficult, rarely ever "fun and engaging" for regular non-unicum blokes like me. So I have not the slightest interest in even acquiring those ships. Really ticks me off.

Sadly, as has been pointed out by others before, Wargaming has ruined middle tiers for such competitive battle types by introducing those overpowered premium / reward ships. Maybe they should just consider banning them from Ranked while compensating the owners in some other way.

[LICON]
Players
14 posts
7,119 battles

I'll just add - rankeds are my favorite part of the game. I love the setup (7 vs 7, single tier) and it was usually very fun, especially when you get to R10 or so, when the weakest links are already eliminated and most players know what they're doing. I loved the T7 one. I loved the T6/T8 one. I even loved the last one, with T8 up to R10 and then some ambitious T10 starting at R10.

But ranked with T10 so early is not fun. And tier switching just ONE RANK from the guaranteed rank is just plain stupid. At this level it's just 2 won battles. Crazy.

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Seems good. Ships are fairly balanced, aside from when cvs come into play. I suspect the tier 10 grind will feel a bit too long in the end, and that last years setup with tiers and ranks probably is preferable.

[TRV]
Beta Tester
136 posts
12,580 battles

Its not the tier 10 thats bad, its way XP is calculated, if there have been XP for spotting ships and torps  players who actually made a difference would get XP and credits for it.

Players
65 posts
7,473 battles

Well .. I'm not a big fan of Tier X battles, let alone in ranked ... preferring mid tier ships and battles.

I would like to see a Tier III ranked season in near future :D

take all the fuss away, and back to basics with more aggressive figthing ...

Tier X ships still fun though :D ... But i only have 2 :-))

[ALYEN]
Players
1,619 posts
3,579 battles

hmmm luckily I never played ranked, so I'll try to enjoy the T8 one and stop somewhere before R15 ...

[TAW]
Players
350 posts
14,575 battles

The worst ranked season ever. You have to play a 1000 games to get anywhere. Getting rank 1 has very little to so with skill, it's just playing the odds. Teamplay is rarely good, players only want to farm damage to save their star. The rest have no idea what to do. It's a joke and makes the game frustrating and sooo boring!!

[THROW]
[THROW]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,826 posts
18,808 battles

Just copy and paste last season's criticism over, since this season is a copy and paste from last season as well.

• Cool 2

[GBS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
5,110 battles

For me Stalingrad killed it. In my DD i get 10k damage from AP valley from 15 km over. Then it gets closer and radar me. and I'm dead in seconds cos russian accuracy... And this over and over and over. 

OP bloody ship, complete bonkers. I'm not playing ranked any more I just to stick to random, too much frustration. 

Players
96 posts
18,314 battles

Well, all here do not like this season i guess.

Me neither, simply because skill is not involved.

Mm easily makes 3 radarships on 1 side and 1 on the other.

Outcome is known in first minute. Uselesx to play.

But do you, or we all, really think something will be done about it?

Do you even think these messages will get to the russian goelag they call HQ?

Or even think our community silencers (managers they are not) will do anything except replying 'we love your feedback' or 'we look into it'?

The game is made dead and has become a roulette.

Even in ranked MM decides who wins.

My best guess: never put any more money in this crapware.

Maybe they will listen in the future.

Players
150 posts
8,692 battles
12 hours ago, AngryDragon70 said:

Well, all here do not like this season i guess.

Me neither, simply because skill is not involved.

Mm easily makes 3 radarships on 1 side and 1 on the other.

Outcome is known in first minute. Uselesx to play.

But do you, or we all, really think something will be done about it?

Do you even think these messages will get to the russian goelag they call HQ?

Or even think our community silencers (managers they are not) will do anything except replying 'we love your feedback' or 'we look into it'?

The game is made dead and has become a roulette.

Even in ranked MM decides who wins.

My best guess: never put any more money in this crapware.

Maybe they will listen in the future.

surely not if u frame it like this but yes this season is really bad even though its just a few days old.....last season was kinda fun, but t10 all the time (last ranked and CW) gets exhausting....not to mention the "new" ships since the last season...and of course there is the stalingrad issue too.......

Players
96 posts
18,314 battles

How much fun you think this game was?

Nobody moved after 5 minutes. only wait -> radar, next radar etc etc

no, this ranked season is crap. not because ranked itself, but because of the failing game mechanics and the latest ships with radar range greater then spotting range or overlapping caps.

its simply to much, to many, to often. (im not against radar, but this....... nah..)

ranked-WG.thumb.png.1cce362bff033947f9014b726990bd2c.png

(Names intentionally faded ofcourse)

Players
318 posts
10,736 battles

Copy pasta filler to keep people doing something I guess. Same problems as last season, however the r12 irrevocable is way better than the r10 means the safe rank is now 9 compared to 7 to escape from the horde of potatos who derp there way into tx ranked with there 45% wr with there 1 tx. All in all, I see no reason why cvs should even be in ranked if they are not allowed in CW, you have already admitted that cvs are broken and need a rework, so get rid of them from the only type of something that is even close to solo comp. Main problem is potatoes polluting ranked so that it is so bad, the game mode in general is pretty solid concept, but centers around utter horse poop that is the xp system and how its mostly based on damage. Some players who even get a wiff of a loss will simply drop behind their team mates and begin farming to ensure 'operation save a star' is a success and often the last person alive will simply get that star saved, making sacrificially plays to give a chance of winning just not worth it at all! Ranked is the most pure form of selfish play.