Crysantos

Anniversary Event

33 comments in this topic

WG Staff
3,346 posts
14,075 battles

Dear captains,

Please leave your feedback on the World of Warships Anniversary event and the attached Arsenal additions in this thread!

[UN1]
Beta Tester
186 posts
7,493 battles

well so far there is no event, when is it supposed to start ?

[HEATH]
Players
19 posts
6,366 battles

When will the containers go on sale?

I see the event runs from the 24th but it seems that you can already buy the containers in the arsenal. Bit confused.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
6,141 battles
57 minutes ago, Vilar69 said:

When will the containers go on sale?

I see the event runs from the 24th but it seems that you can already buy the containers in the arsenal. Bit confused.

I may be mistaken here but I believe the containers in the Arsenal are the ones from last Anniversary, hence Festive 2017.  Such as the Bismarck and Dunkirk ones etc they are giving us the chance to buy older things and complete previous collections if we missed it before.

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles
9 minut temu, McLeod napisał:

I may be mistaken here but I believe the containers in the Arsenal are the ones from last Christmas, hence Festive 2017.  Such as the Bismarck and Dunkirk ones etc they are giving us the chance to buy older things and complete previous collections if we missed it before.

I am wrong lol, pattern on box is the new collection one lol

In arsenal you have containers for II years.
III years are more greenish and they should be available tomorrow.

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,310 battles
9 hours ago, WG_Lumberjack said:

In arsenal you have containers for II years.
III years are more greenish and they should be available tomorrow.

So when is the new cat partyship camo that's visible in your signature coming to WoT? :fish_cute_2:

I'd love to put such a camo on my Yamato and right before I shoot, I'll shout "I got a present for ya! :cap_win:"

• Cool 1

[STARS]
Players
8 posts
8,078 battles

It is with great pleasure that I realize you are finally celebrating a momentous point in world history by starting the world of warships anniversary missions on its day of commemoration.

Choosing to celebrate my birthday by starting these missions on the 24th of August is an understandable gesture of gratitude I ...humbly accept.

Keep it up World of Warships! Really like your game!

• Cool 2

Players
37 posts
3,859 battles

Nothing terribly exciting. I remember getting a ton of anniversary camos and dragon flags in 2016. This year with how everything got capped, it will be a pittance. With how things go downhill on the economy side of the game lately, shall we expect polio blankets next year?

[V888]
Players
160 posts
20,413 battles

What is up with the Ranked missions sold with Massachusetts and Prinz E, are these strictly Tier VIII missions for these particular ships or will they work with any ship as long as its Ranked, Tier X bracket too?

Asking since R1 players from last season starts with Tier X so if missions are the respective ship it would be pointless for some already at Tier X bracket of ranked.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

So far... The 2nd anniversary was better IMHO. 5 Permacamo's for T8 instead of 1 now (yes, 2, but the Z23 already had a camo from last year). A lot will depend on what the supercontainer will bring, but so far, I'm not that impressed. Maybe it's because of previous events that were quite generous, that this now scores high on the "meh-scale", but even looking objectively at it, I would have expected more. 

Then again, the anniversary itself is only on September 17, so 3 weeks from now. A whole lot can happen in those weeks... I just hope WG lets their T-10 fetish for what it is, and use other gauges to determine the amount of rewards a player should get. Last year it was a SC per T10 ship owned, I hope this year it will be something different. Something like "days with us".

• Cool 1

[NUKED]
Players
3 posts
5,602 battles

Camos seem too expensive, should be 150 like the captains. Especially given many already have earned a camo 2/3rds as good for the Z-23 during last anniversary.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, DaveyDent sagte:

As others have also said, Z-23 had a better camo last year

no. Last years camo gives only +50% CommanderXP, +50% FreeXP and -10% Service costs, it has no bonus on XP

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, DaveyDent sagte:

lol, and you think that is not better !

Assume 1000 BaseXP, no premium and no signals. Then you will get

with 2017 camo: 1000 XP, 1500 CommanderXP, 75 FreeXP

with 2018 camo: 1500 XP, 1500 CommanderXP, 75 FreeXP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with 2018 camo +500 XP

Now assume 1000 BaseXP, no premium and Papa Papa for +300% FreeXP. Then you will get

with 2017 camo: 1000 XP, 1500 CommanderXP, 225 FreeXP

with 2018 camo: 1500 XP, 1500 CommanderXP, 300 FreeXP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with 2018 camo +500 XP and +75 FreeXP

And every signal more will increase the difference...

So please tell me why is the 2017 camo better?

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 1 Minute, DaveyDent sagte:

you might want to check you're maths to what the camo's give you!

you might to want check how the different kinds of XP are calculated from BaseXP...

Vor 2 Minuten, DaveyDent sagte:

and if people continue to play them they want commander and free exp, NOT exp on the ship !

as my numbers show you, the 2018 camo gives the SAME CommanderXP and FreeXP as the 2017 camo, when not used together with signals. And as soon as you use a signal for FreeXP bonus, the 2018 camo will give you MORE FreeXP than the 2017 camo! And of course you want "XP on the ship" because it determines how much FreeXP you get!

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 3 Stunden, DaveyDent sagte:

How about you play a game with a camo that gives you 50% extra exp and see if it gives you extra capt and free exp !!! and then get back to this post !

Easy (and btw I compared the real results with my calculations many time in the past). Quick Scharnhorst coop match with only the bonus from its perma camo:

klop.thumb.jpg.88143376ed4bf363a309d918e979f0c3.jpg

As you can clearly see, the +50% on XP have also an effect on CommanderXP (because of the last line, "Ship's bonuses") and FreeXP.

With a camo like the 2017 camo for the Z-23 you would get only 461 XP, but 7.5% instead of 5% for FreeXP. And 7.5% of 461XP are again 35 FreeXP.

For example if you have +100% XP/+0% CommanderXP OR +50% XP/+50% CommanderXP OR +0% XP/+100% CommanderXP, you will always get the same amount of CommanderXP, because with the "Ship's bonuses" any effect on the XP also kicks directly through to the CommanderXP...

In the end it is only very simple math as soon as you have figured out how the calculation is done. Some time ago I spent some time on this and made me an Excel sheet to see what combination of camos and (special) signals is the best to farm CommanderXP and FreeXP.  Until then I thought that the "Victory salute" with its three bonus an all three kinds of XP would be the best, but I had to learn that for example the "Valentine's Day" with only bonus on XP and CommanderXP gives better results, as soon as also signals are used...

So the 2017 camo for the Z-23 is in no way better as the 2018 camo. Without signals both are equal regarding earned CommanderXP and FreeXP, as soon as signals for FreeXP are used the 2018 camo earns you more FreeXP.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,546 posts
13,682 battles
22 hours ago, CountDF said:

Just one question: Can we trade the duplicate cards we get?

Yes, you can buy a new one for 3 dublicates

[GJE]
Players
45 posts
7,915 battles
20 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

Yes, you can buy a new one for 3 dublicates

Any info on how???

And do I get a guarantee new one or just another duplicate?

[4_0_4]
Players
7,546 posts
13,682 battles
26 minutes ago, CountDF said:

Any info on how???

And do I get a guarantee new one or just another duplicate?

Go to the collection and click on a collectable you don't have.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Vor 37 Minuten, Spookie1 sagte:

what becomes of any unused tokens?

that what is written in the patchnotes...

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,945 posts
12,028 battles
40 minutes ago, Spookie1 said:

With the arrival of the RN when the anniversary finishes, what becomes of any unused tokens?

image.thumb.png.7bd16399878b256ac04434ce2c94eb77.png That's how it's written in patchnotes.

[NUKED]
Players
472 posts
12,847 battles

Couldnt find a thread about the Dasha Commander and the other "special" captain: Do they have a unique voice? Dasha only a russian voice, that one i do know, but what about the Dolphin and the others? Some special voice there or other features? Thanks :) 

Players
58 posts
15,282 battles

7 hours ago, blindhai said:

Couldnt find a thread about the Dasha Commander and the other "special" captain: Do they have a unique voice? Dasha only a russian voice, that one i do know, but what about the Dolphin and the others? Some special voice there or other features? Thanks :) 

I bought the russian Dasha, and quite disappointed,i miss the "enthusiasm. Her voice is a little bit too "neutral for me....