Crysantos

Bug Reports

64 comments in this topic

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.8 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

Players
1,420 posts
8,359 battles

Again I will report the same bug since 11 versions ago!!!

- Planes becomes silent for no reason, there isn't any particular action, it just happens totally randomly, it can happen right on the first launch squad or after several battles. Planes stop giving status reports and will continue silent until I close the game. This happens with vanilla client, fresh instalation in TWO computers (and it happens the same on both, the only common thing between these two computers are Windows 7 64 bits ultimate and an AMD processor socket AM3, a Phenom II and an Athlon II)

- When I select a priority target for the carrier´s weapons the target it's selected but a waypoint it's placed in the same spot, engaging the autopilot... <--- EDIT: This bug seems to have been fixed, or at least happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less often.

These have been introduced 11 versions ago (or so, seriously, I lost account, but it's between 9 and 12).

Perhaps it's because I didn't follow the template? However I DO remember I did it the first, second, third, and fifth times I reported this bug.

1 - Description: Planes becomes silent and stop giving status reports at all.

2 - Reprodution steps: There isn't any particular action, it happens totally randomly. Sometimes at the first launched squad, and sometimes after several battles.

3 - Result: Planes becomes silent and I have no idea or clue when they are being under attack, or when they finished the current mission, etc.

4 - Expected result: Planes should give stauts report like they allways do!!

5 - Technical details: This happens in two computers, with fresh instalation, vanilla client, no mods, the only common thing between these are a Socket AM3 processor and Windows 7 64 bits ultimate. Not even the sound card it's a common thing (in my main computer I have a sound blaster X-fi Xtreme music PCI sound card, and the second one uses the onboard one)

Edited by Sargento_YO

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,775 battles

1. Description

Kirishima (an ARP commander) has a voiceover of Iona (another ARP commander) instead of her own

2. Reproduction steps

1. Select a voiceover modification that allows captain-specific voiceovers

2. Select a ship with Kirishima as commander

3. Enter battle

3. Result

The ship is voiced by Iona (the voiceover available as "ARP Iona" voice modification in the settings)

4. Expected result

The ship should be voiced by Kirishima (the voiceover labeled in settings as "ARP Kirishima (Yotaroh)")

5. Technical details

The game sound files for both relevant voices are present in the game files as

Iona_Filename for the wrong voiceover files and

Kirishiima_Bear_Filename for the appropriate ones

[POP]
Weekend Tester
1,015 posts

1. Description

Armor strentgh popups appear in the wrong place in armor viewer when using the display scaling thing on a 4k screen

2. Reproduction steps

Set resolution to 4k and the display scaling thing to 200%. Go to armor viewer and hover over bits of armor. Note where the popup appears.

3. Result

The popup appears in the wrong place (sometimes off-screen)

4. Expected result

I kind of expected the popup to appear near the cursor.

5. Technical details

A picture is worth a few words (popup and approximate cursor location highlighted):

Clipboard02r5767.thumb.jpg.ef60318884eff62a00ccabc48259ae42.jpg

• Cool 1

[HAWKS]
[HAWKS]
Players
27 posts
19,770 battles

Am i the only one who lost all Progress in Legendary module Missions ? 

Tried to write to support about it but that does not seem to work, Either they dont understand the issue or i exsplain it to bad.

I was on last Leg with Montana Had 28 k base xp.  DM i had 4 wins in 4 step. Gearing was about 4 k xp in the make 15 k free xp stage. And Minetauer was about 3 mill earned towards the 8 mill credits. 

Now all 4 are reset to stage 1.

So the question is who can fix it and do they understand the issue here ?

[PUPSI]
Players
733 posts
2,467 battles

The contents description for the Vive la France containers in the Arsenal needs changing. I knew what I was getting because I read the patch notes, but might have been quite disappointed if I hadn't ;-)

shot-18_08.23_20_22.11-0590.thumb.jpg.63baf73f47ec08fdf57b1151b799ef67.jpg

[LICON]
Players
14 posts
7,119 battles

1. Description

ARP ships clutter the port - filter stopped working after 0.7.8 update.

2. Reproduction steps

Log in, enter port. Open the config popup (to the right), toggle the Arpeggio filter.

3. Result

Regardless of the toggle setting, all Arpeggio ships are visible. I have many of those, so the port becomes rather crowded.

4. Expected result

Arpeggio ships hidden if filter active (as it was before the update).

5. Technical details

Bug time - around 1:00 am tonight, first launch after 0.7.8 update.

[NOFUN]
[NOFUN]
Players
1 post
7,036 battles

1. Description

Secondary armaments remain physically fixed in position when firing

2. Reproduction steps

Have had this happen in both Tirpitz and Giulio Casare, once secondaries commence firing they appear to be fixed in their inactive position, whilst firing effects are shown the turrets do not move to point at their target.

3. Result

A slight break in immersion as secondaries appear to be firing straight ahead or to the rear of the ship rather than in the direction they are shooting, shells still fly in the correct direction.

4. Expected result

Secondary Batteries point in and fire at the expected target

5. Technical details

Last night 23/04/2018 approximately 8PM GMT and this morning 24/08/2018 ~815AM, no replay or screenshots available for now, will try to duplicate it tonight

Players
238 posts
8,982 battles

here's how a bug is for example getting a reward that is invisible. somehow signals as rewards displays, the campaign also shows prizes, and you do not even know what you got

I've been writing, but what I've released, I do not know

P.S.  Polish game and language 

wydano.jpg

• Cool 1

Modder
345 posts
6,224 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, adamPOLAND sagte:

wydano.jpg

ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Unknown file format at URL "gui/flash/../reward_icons/icon_reward_lootbox_common.png"

ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Unknown file format at URL "gui/flash/../reward_icons/icon_reward_lootbox_epic.png"

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
12 hours ago, adamPOLAND said:

here's how a bug is for example getting a reward that is invisible. somehow signals as rewards displays, the campaign also shows prizes, and you do not even know what you got

I've been writing, but what I've released, I do not know

P.S.  Polish game and language 

wydano.jpg

This I guess. I suspect it's the collection pieces for the anniversary that aren't coming in as they should.

Players
1,373 posts
On 22.8.2018 at 5:23 PM, Crysantos said:

1: No detailed results displayed when opening battle results from clan screen

2: select clan tab in port, click on in the lower left corner, click on a battle, click on detailed results

3: no results are displayed, all you get is the top row of tabs. if you hover around with the mouse a bit, you might occasionally get a pop-up though

4: detailed results actually displayed in readable form.

5: not sure what to provide here

shot-18_08.25_12_32.04-0230.thumb.jpg.cdfdcb55622f5c282d34a57150c16238.jpg

[LICON]
Players
14 posts
7,119 battles
9 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

1: No detailed results displayed when opening battle results from clan screen

2: select clan tab in port, click on in the lower left corner, click on a battle, click on detailed results

3: no results are displayed, all you get is the top row of tabs. if you hover around with the mouse a bit, you might occasionally get a pop-up though

4: detailed results actually displayed in readable form.

5: not sure what to provide here

I confirm in a different context, this one is old, introduced a couple of updates ago. Mostly happens immediately after battle in the results screen if you go through the tabs in order. Shows properly after you go to the last tab an to the third again. A bit frustrating, but since the results do appear after 2 more clicks not really a showstopper, I didn't bother to report. Yeah, I know, I should have...

[UFP]
Players
13 posts
9,112 battles

Hi! The gearing was AFK under almost the whole battle. He shot down the half of a DD and died. Why he get so manshot-18_08.25_23_37.33-0392.thumb.jpg.0d93fb78332e1c86e8d2fda7fdfa2ead.jpgshot-18_08.25_23_31_31-0186.thumb.jpg.801f62271af46af02314efa4b27c980e.jpgy xp?! Its something wrong with the ranked xp system!!!! He lived only 2 min. He shot about 14k dmg to a DD. Some spot dmg but no cap or frag or any other. Why got he suck a lot of xp???

20180825_232448_PJSD012-Shimakaze-1943_44_Path_warrior.wowsreplay

shot-18.08.26_02.28.13-0125.jpg

shot-18.08.26_02.26.09-0371.jpg

Players
238 posts
8,982 battles
25.08.2018 o 07:13, loppantorkel napisał:

This I guess. I suspect it's the collection pieces for the anniversary that aren't coming in as they should.

Yes, I have now noticed it is getting a container from the 3rd anniversary of the world of warships

[TPB]
Players
314 posts
4,376 battles

Incorrect new camo colour for Tirpitz:

cc5c65c0-a517-11e8-b15f-ac162d8bc1e4_120

dTvSqv3.jpg&key=b6c0086b6fd1df3dfdb50504

The%2BTirpitz%2Bin%2BJune%2B1942%2Bim%2B

The Tirpitz in June 1942 im Fættenfjord near Trondheim, Norway.

IMG_20180825_174524.jpg.29a78a794f33c6a1

Warships Pictorials Nr 26 Tirpitz

Players
421 posts

Hi WG.

Sinking ships not registering serious bug since 0.7.8 update.

I've notice in many battles in scenario's i sink an enemy on randomly kills no result show or kill credited to me.

At random times when I'm the only one firing at an enemy ship to sink it and get the kill it but nothing happens no kill ribbon or kill notification.

I expect to get both kill ribbon and chat notification on kills and kill credited to me at end screen.

Try to reproduce but this happens randomly and replays don't seem to work for me or have not worked for me since 0.7.6 update so sorry for no further info help. 

Players
238 posts
8,982 battles
26.08.2018 o 13:52, Main_Battery_Officer napisał:

Same as above but not a container (:

What.jpg

5 godzin temu, Milan_G_ napisał:

i mentioned it allready in public test..

mss.png

I have already written about this problem and added, do not you review the topic? it is about these containers from the 3rd anniversary of the world of warships

Players
2,187 posts
20,353 battles

On my Intel/Win 7 system, the graphics driver crashes about once or twice a day as of this latest update. Nothing fatal and it hasn't happened during gameplay yet. Screen goes black, then comes back on and the error message says something about the Kernel not responding and being reset(?) or restored.

[AAO]
Players
89 posts
14,281 battles
  •  

1. Description

ALL HUD elements are gone during carrier games.
chat not functional, quick commands work. ship and plane controls work i think, but its impossible to play like this when u can barely see a thing.

2. Reproduction steps

Play a carrier game, happens on start, happened twice in 2 days at least.

3. Result

game unplayable. no change EVEN after leaving the game and restarting from desktop!!!
getting reported for ruining game for team, because of YOUR bug!!!

4. Expected result

No gamebreaking bugs.

5. Technical details

image.thumb.png.d5cad55e8906bcbd5cf8b8cf22216816.pngimage.thumb.png.ffc886a0cb8076aae6e6989fb8b816cc.pngimage.thumb.png.864195522ae78155d7d9801801d54ba1.png