Encom82

After game center, everything went downhill

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post
565 battles

Hello all.

I have been playing WoW for a while now on mac (10.12.6), and everything was fine. Then I had the idea to try World of Airplanes. I tried it, didn't like it. In order do install WOA I had to download and install the Game center, which basically absorbed WOW. Now, when I tried to delete the game center, it messed up WOW, that was unable to start. I read somewhere that I had to reinstall game center and delete the game from there, which I did with some diffuculty. Now I don't have game center, and when I download again WOW and try to run it, it crashes. 

Any hope for me? thanks

2 answers to this question

Players
1 post
2,581 battles

I run game center and WOWs on my mac using parallels.  Too bad a free game costs me the service of paying parallels a service to have this on my computer.  But it allows my system to run Windows on a Mac and thus run WOWs, Game Center and ModStation.  Please note that I had no issues until the latest update.  Now there is no ocean, I cannot see the cap circles nor can I see torpedo aiming.  I am still winning games and getting krakens, but the video play is not fun but frustrating.  Just know if you go with this option providing a ticket to WG just gets the response, "you are not playing on a windows system - so we won't help you".

Players
226 posts
30,071 battles

Hi,

try this: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-warships

and select the "How to wipe and reset World of Warships".

Follow instructions.

Funny anyway, I searched Game Center. DIdn't find it and thought it was only for PC. Now I feel lucky..... ;P

Good luck