You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
robihr

new reward/freemium ships?

17 comments in this topic

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

does anyone know when are the new reward/freemium ships coming out? i dont see purpose in playing any competitive modes without clear incentive and also i have over 1mil free xp waiting for next free xp ship. will there be any steel only ships in near future? when is ETA on next free xp ship?

IIRC next ships should be jean bart and alaska. i saw jean bart is in testing and all i could see from alaska is stat preview.

• Cool 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,680 battles

There is also the T10 BBaguette Bourgogne coming. As to how you will get them: Nothing confirmed yet.

But you can be sure that there will be more rewards ships.

Beta Tester
2,792 posts
7,088 battles

Stalingrad is comming with the next update, JB im guessing in about 3 updates, follow by Laska after another one or two :Smile_honoring:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

well stalin is reserved for buy on next update, i will get enough coal for salem in half month-month, and i will probably have over 2 mil free xp till they release JB

12 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

There is also the T10 BBaguette Bourgogne coming. As to how you will get them: Nothing confirmed yet.

But you can be sure that there will be more rewards ships.

btw i am not worried about there being no more reward ships, just mostly ETA. cause if they arent going to come soon i could take a break from competitive for few months...

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles

You'll be able to get Warspite or Gallant when the RN DDs are released in 0.7.9 using Sovereigns, a new currency created for the RN event according to the dev. blog entry posted here. There are no details on how many you can earn or what the ships will cost but it's premium ship(s) for playing the game, can't be all bad. :Smile_great:

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
2 minutes ago, Strappster said:

You'll be able to get Warspite or Gallant when the RN DDs are released in 0.7.9 using Sovereigns, a new currency created for the RN event according to the dev. blog entry posted here. There are no details on how many you can earn or what the ships will cost but it's premium ship(s) for playing the game, can't be all bad. :Smile_great:

That's a pity, I already have both ships. I hope there are other things to spend them on.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
11 minutes ago, Strappster said:

ffs another currency

8af-min-300x222.jpg

i am just waiting when they release spanish ships and they introduce doubloons as new currency :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

That's a pity, I already have both ships. I hope there are other things to spend them on.

Quoted from the blog post ...

There are two new Royal Navy containers – standard and premium. All that could be found in the containers: signals, consumable camouflages, sovereigns and chance to get one of the British destroyers in early access: Acasta, tier V, Icarus, tier VI, Jervis, tier VII, Lightning, tier VIII.
Sovereigns can be spent on a new camouflage, signals, Bert Dunkirk commander, premium ships Warspite and Gallant, permanent special camouflage for Gallant and standard container Royal Navy.

1 minute ago, robihr said:

ffs another currency

Another two currencies - you'll also earn Guineas that you can use to buy a discount on the new tier VIII premium ship, Cossack. :Smile_great:

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
Just now, Strappster said:

Quoted from the blog post ...

There are two new Royal Navy containers – standard and premium. All that could be found in the containers: signals, consumable camouflages, sovereigns and chance to get one of the British destroyers in early access: Acasta, tier V, Icarus, tier VI, Jervis, tier VII, Lightning, tier VIII.

Sovereigns can be spent on a new camouflage, signals, Bert Dunkirk commander, premium ships Warspite and Gallant, permanent special camouflage for Gallant and standard container Royal Navy.

Another two currencies - you'll also earn Guineas that you can use to buy a discount on the new tier VIII premium ship, Cossack. :Smile_great:

OK, well Bert I could use. A different Gallant camo - probably not, I don't like the ship much.

If my usual luck holds true I won't get the DD missions or ships however they come from the containers.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
21 minutes ago, robihr said:

ffs another currency

Having unique currencies for individual events is fine by me. Gives you more choice in what rewards you get.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Having unique currencies for individual events is fine by me. Gives you more choice in what rewards you get.

Fine by me too, so long as there's a varied set of useful and desirable options to chose from.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
37 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Fine by me too, so long as there's a varied set of useful and desirable options to chose from.

So far it's looking good.

There's both unique "exclusive" stuff like new perma camos, flags, badges etc, as well as more utilitarian things like signal flags, consumable camos etc.

It's the best aspect of the old GNB event without having to deal with a glitchy temporary web portal.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,061 posts
9,728 battles

Jean Bart, Alaska and Bourgogne are the only current confirmed upcoming T9+ special ships, with two of those almost definitely being arsenal purchases with steel/coal and Alaska most likely the next free xp ship. No word yet on new reward ships for CW's, Ranked etc.

Alaska is being added for testing in 0.7.8 so I'm guessing a 0.8.0 or 0.8.1 release for that. JB will likely be released in 0.7.9

• Cool 3

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,388 posts
7,996 battles
10 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Laska after another one or two 

Now that's the ship I'm looking to. 

Players
5,976 posts
11,345 battles

IJN B-64 and B-65 classes.

Pan-EU 1047 Dutch BC class

IJN premium Yamato (4th unnamed unit that was never completed) or perhaps

IJN Shinano (as a CV, or perhaps as somewhat more modern BB as originally intended)

USN tier 10 Clan Reward-only ship DDG Arleigh Burke. Its got no guided missile stuff and only its main gun, but it got 50km permaradar (not as consumable) and itself has a conceilment value of 3km

12 hours ago, Strappster said:

Don't forget about Hms Thunderer :Smile_great:

Players
1,143 posts
18,332 battles
2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

IJN Shinano (as a CV, or perhaps as somewhat more modern BB as originally intended)

If going with the originally proposed complement in planes, Shinano would be a T9 equivalent to Saipan: she wasn't meant as a fleet carrier in the same sense as Taiho or Essex were (lots of aircrafts in those, while Shinano only was intended to carry 47-53 of them for deck operations), but more like a replenishment ship with spare parts and planes for others while still capable of organising her own strikes and defense.

Salute.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,471 battles

A carrier with battleship health, anti aircraft artillery, heal and secondaries would be effective, because basically that is what you would get with the Shinano, the only problem is you would need to make sure that the crew was properly trained otherwise any DD can sink her with a single torpedo