You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hgbn_dk

Rotation needed for tier requirements in events( Why is everything T-X??)

74 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

Because WG is a company that needs to make money. And by making it tier X they:

- force people to grind to tier X ( which will net them more than a grind to tier VI for example )

- make people play in harsher economy ( which can be offset by buying premium time/camo and flags or premium ships thus netting them another profit ).

• Cool 8

[NKK]
Beta Tester
881 posts
11,856 battles

Agreed. I just might take a break from the game. I was looking forward to tier 8 only ranked battles, but NOPE.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

Because WG is a company that needs to make money. And by making it tier X they:

- force people to grind to tier X ( which will net them more than a grind to tier VI for example )

- make people play in harsher economy ( which can be offset by buying premium time/camo and flags or premium ships thus netting them another profit ).

And where is incentive for keeping all of your ships??? Last time I checked port slots cost real money to. plus Premium camo on the lower tier as well.. If you change the stuff required for each season it equals profit to.. people will buy premium ships, slots, camos and etc.. 

I don't buy this argument for justify this to keep it to T-X

• Cool 3

Players
4,046 posts

Well...

The EU server team always had a tendency to hide content behind high tier gameplay. That's why we wanted them to look at other servers and see how those did it. Then they announced that events will now be run globally and we celebrated in expectation to see other tiers getting some focus too. Little did we know that the EU influence would now let all the servers suffer by high tier content after high tier content. It took some time but it actually got worse.

No, @Sehales @MrConway @Crysantos selling stuff for lower tiers (camos, premium ships), while all the events are tier 8 to 10 is not offering lower tier content in the same sense. We would really love to see some events for ships of lower tiers where the higher tiers do not have an advantage (like it was in the now ending GoNavy one). Maybe even one in which the higher tiers are excluded like the lower tier ones so often are. I'd love to see an event for tiers 5 to 7 only.

• Cool 8

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles
4 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

And where is incentive for keeping all of your ships??? Last time I checked port slots cost real money to. plus Premium camo on the lower tier as well.. If you change the stuff required for each season it equals profit to.. people will buy premium ships, slots, camos and etc.. 

You don't have to like the argument to buy it, it's a valid argument none the less.  

Modder, Supertester
1,352 posts
12,312 battles
4 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

I never spent a single doubloon on extra portslots except when i bought a ship on the shop with rela money which came with an extra port slot.. I have over 80 ships in my Port and still some portslots open..

You don#t really have to spent a single penny on port slots...

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
29,015 battles

Agreed. 2  Ranked one after another with same ships sucks.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles

The only thing they end up with is to make most players fed up with T-X.... And don't forget a lot of these players is pouring a lot of money into the game already.  Example I got no less than 68 premium ships T-V-IX only usable in random or Co-op

Why should people invest in premium ships just to have them sit in port and rot??

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles
15 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Maybe even one in which the higher tiers are excluded like the lower tier ones so often are. I'd love to see an event for tiers 5 to 7 only.

there's this thing called Operations you know...

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

tbh, I'd prefer a ranked without premium ships. For that reason I'm glad it's not tier VII or VIII (for too long). These two tiers have some terribly balance premium ships.

• Cool 1

Players
4,046 posts
54 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

there's this thing called Operations you know...

Which isn't even nearly the same. It is not comparable to a season of ranked battles or events like GoNavy.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles

Besides that how do you expect newer players to be interested in these events, when they never get a chance to try them in the lower tiers? By rotating you'll catch more players, simply by the fact that more is able to try these events earlier in their WOWS career.

• Cool 2

[BOBS3]
Beta Tester
519 posts
20,271 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

tbh, I'd prefer a ranked without premium ships.

I'd quite like to date Cameron Diaz.

• Funny 4

[UNICS]
Players
1,463 posts
24,624 battles
2 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

. I'm sick and tired of T-X this and T-X that... I'm skipping out out ranked season 10 because of this

Although i do agree with what u say.. i cant understand why you even care ? , u don't even go past rank 10..

Only positive thing is , if you ranked out last season you will be able to this one as well .. if you can survive the boredom. 

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles
2 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

Although i do agree with what u say.. i cant understant  why you even care ? , u don't even go past rank 10

Because I have a deal with my blood pressure. Only play as far that is enjoyable.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,463 posts
24,624 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Because I have a deal with my blood pressure. Only play as far that is enjoyable.

Rank is something i would never call "enjoyable"

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles

Let me rephrase it.. I pull the plug when it gets to a certain frustration level... 

Players
3,276 posts
19,752 battles

Agree with the OP.

So fed up with tier X I've put WoWs on indefinite pause now that CB is over and started playing LoL instead for relaxation....

no joke. 

WG may be want to make money on endgame content, but without variety they lose seasoned players.

Making Ranked tier 8 as old times would be a nice and easy change, plue repair costs are still pretty steep.

Plus breaking tier X balance with Stalingrad without excluding it from CB and Ranked means even competitive game modes are now officially P2W. And then what is the point of playing this game anymore?

• Cool 3

Players
911 posts
10,296 battles
6 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Well...

The EU server team always had a tendency to hide content behind high tier gameplay. That's why we wanted them to look at other servers and see how those did it. Then they announced that events will now be run globally and we celebrated in expectation to see other tiers getting some focus too. Little did we know that the EU influence would now let all the servers suffer by high tier content after high tier content. It took some time but it actually got worse.

No, @Sehales @MrConway @Crysantos selling stuff for lower tiers (camos, premium ships), while all the events are tier 8 to 10 is not offering lower tier content in the same sense. We would really love to see some events for ships of lower tiers where the higher tiers do not have an advantage (like it was in the now ending GoNavy one). Maybe even one in which the higher tiers are excluded like the lower tier ones so often are. I'd love to see an event for tiers 5 to 7 only.

I played ranked when it was tier 6 and liked it a lot. This year I made it to 12 but didn't want to buy back tier 10 just for ranked. I like tier 8 ranked as it is quite balanced. Tier 7 is problematic because of Belfast and Gadjah Mada.

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles

Tiers 5-8 are highly influenced by Premium ships, so I prefer T9-10 instead. 

On, second thought T5-8 events may be fun if premiums like Kamikaze R, Gulio Cesare, Shiny horse, Lolanta, Payfast, Kutuzov, Atago, Eugene and all premium CVs are exluded. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
8,972 posts

Even without exclusion tbh Belfast or saipan can be nasty under right circumstances but not that nasty, t10 evwrywhere is just Well 2 much t10 tbh, if i Play another match in desmo or wooster in next few days I’ll probably puke

[DD537]
Players
1,403 posts
18,767 battles
35 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Even without exclusion tbh Belfast or saipan can be nasty under right circumstances but not that nasty, t10 evwrywhere is just Well 2 much t10 tbh, if i Play another match in desmo or wooster in next few days I’ll probably puke

Payfast and Saipan are nowhere near balanced. 

The most balanced tier is 10 untill release of Stalingrad. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles
10 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

I'd quite like to date Cameron Diaz.

Now why would you want that, she's old :cap_yes:

• Angry 1