You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pzkpfwv1d

Low Tier Research/purchase costs

59 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,467 battles

I have just noticed the following in the final release of the development blog for update 0.7.8.0

Does this mean that all those who have already researched and purchased those ships will receive credits for the XP and Credits spent on acquiring those ships or have we been shafted by WG yet again? because there is no mention of credits in the blog 

WG WoWs research costs.png

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
175 posts
5,407 battles
6 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Might I draw this to sir's attention:

Image result for vaseline

3EBDE8FD-266A-4719-BF67-E6BCC3BA4470.jpeg

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,191 posts
14,119 battles
21 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I have just noticed the following in the final release of the development blog for update 0.7.8.0

Does this mean that all those who have already researched and purchased those ships will receive credits for the XP and Credits spent on acquiring those ships or have we been shafted by WG yet again? because there is no mention of credits in the blog 

WG WoWs research costs.png

You can sell the ships before the patch hits.

And if you want to keep the ships, it makes no difference....

Beta Tester
3,285 posts
14,063 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You can sell the ships before the patch hits.

And if you want to keep the ships, it makes no difference....

Do you even math, bro?

He wants the 40% (e.g.) that he had to spend more on the ships he is keeping, to use them on other ships.

(But he will not get it ofc, since this is meant to make the grind more attractive to new players...)

[CATS]
Players
26,191 posts
14,119 battles

That is the price for playing the ship before the new players could...

Do not forget all the XP and rewards you got for playing these ships. Want to give them back too?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,467 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That is the price for playing the ship before the new players could...

This is an outrage as it penalises all the players who have played the game for years and just encourages people to stop playing rather than encouraging new players to join the game 

• Funny 4
  • Boring 2

Players
8,097 posts
8,919 battles
15 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

This is an outrage as it penalises all the players who have played the game for years and just encourages people to stop playing rather than encouraging new players to join the game 

Why would you stop playing? It's not like they are taking away what you got over the last few years. Basically, you shouldn't really care about this, because

• Does it really enrage you so much others don't have to grind as much?
  • You have to grind less for future lines.

Players
5,976 posts
11,331 battles

For new players this will help a lot! :Smile_great:

For me, the changes to the selling price seem rather trivial, so I don't really see the problem here? Overall it seems like an ok change?

I'm not sure in how much this was needed though, but it will definitely help the really new players.

But otoh, wouldn't this also mean that there will be less grinding by actual new players and relatively more clubbing going on in the lower tiers?

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
44 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

and outrage so small you'd have to look for it with a microscope... I mean, these amounts at low tiers are so insignificant, it's not even worth opening a forum thread about imho

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
25 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

For new players this will help a lot! :Smile_great:

For me, the changes to the selling price seem rather trivial, so I don't really see the problem here? Overall it seems like an ok change?

I'm not sure in how much this was needed though, but it will definitely help the really new players.

But otoh, wouldn't this also mean that there will be less grinding by actual new players and relatively more clubbing going on in the lower tiers?

This will not help new players as much as it might appear. Sure they will find it easier to grind to the mid-tiers but they will have far lower skilled captains on those lines than they may otherwise have had. Can you imagine how they will find trying to play mid-tier DDs, for example, without Concealment Expert? Unless WG also reduce the XP requirements for each successive captain point this will be a double-edged sword.

• Cool 6

Players
5,976 posts
11,331 battles
13 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

This will not help new players as much as it might appear. Sure they will find it easier to grind to the mid-tiers but they will have far lower skilled captains on those lines than they may otherwise have had. Can you imagine how they will find trying to play mid-tier DDs, for example, without Concealment Expert? Unless WG also reduce the XP requirements for each successive captain point this will be a double-edged sword.

I do totally agree with your stance here.

The first time at tier 5 was really very bad. The more open maps, I was spotted all-the-time! :fish_nerv:

Btw, I didn't even have CE when I first played Mahan :Smile_hiding:

It was my very first tier 7 and only since 2 days or so did I elited her :cap_cool:

[CATS]
Players
26,191 posts
14,119 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

If you think you are better off starting a new account, do it!!

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
2 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

It's neither an outrage nor a penalty, it's just an improvement in quality of life for newer players or old hands when new lines appear.

I have 15 lines fully researched to T10 (ignoring line splits) one at T9 and I don't feel hard done by this change, I think it's a positive to the game.

A blob of freeXP for each T10 researched as a bonus (some would call it compensation) would be nice, but I wouldn't agitate for compensation as I don't feel in any way hard done by having levelled in the current XP and silver cost regime.

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
2 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

ac28a955a0138eda55aabd1f56578ab2.jpg

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,467 battles

I just did a calculation for the French Battleships and the savings that new players will get just for 1 line of ships is quite significant 

Experience 22190, credits 705000

Now multiply this by the 18 lines that are currently in existence from tier 2 to tier 6 and the difference is quite staggering - probably in the region of 700000 Experience and 2.1 million credits 

[CATS]
Players
26,191 posts
14,119 battles
6 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I just did a calculation for the French Battleships and the savings that new players will get just for 1 line of ships is quite significant 

Now multiply this by the 18 lines that are currently in existence from tier 2 to tier 6 and the difference is quite staggering - probably in the region of 700000 Experience and 2.1 million credits 

Not really...

You get to Tier X 22k XP sooner..... :fish_cute_2:

[KAKE]
Players
2,521 posts
5,980 battles

"Staggering"?

~2 mill creds is what, the typical cost of a T9 aiming module or T8 hull upgrade?

I mean, if you want to talk about players missing out, I'd like to draw your attention to the Missouri, which will print that amount of credits in about an hours' worth of half-decent play, and that the new players don't have a chance in Hell of ever getting.

Only thing that annoys me is that this change didn't come while I was working on the Karlsruhe :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Players
8,097 posts
8,919 battles
18 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

22k exp and 700k credits... for a whole line. Are you really throwing a tandrum about that? That's like what? 10 decent games with an exp flag (buy for coal if necessary) and without premium? With decent camo, signals and premium, that's even just something like 4 games. For a whole line.

Also the easy calculation of 22.19k times 18 gives just below 400k exp overall. And 12 million credits. But you'd not need a calculator to notice that your estimates are way off.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,467 battles
7 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

22k exp and 700k credits... for a whole line. Are you really throwing a tandrum about that? That's like what? 10 decent games with an exp flag (buy for coal if necessary) and without premium? With decent camo, signals and premium, that's even just something like 4 games. For a whole line.

Also the easy calculation of 22.19k times 18 gives just below 400k exp overall. And 12 million credits. But you'd not need a calculator to notice that your estimates are way off.

The BB lines and CV lines have less ships, the cruiser and destroyer lines have more ships, hence the difference in Experience and credit costs - now 12 million credits is not the be sneezed at as it is the cost (or most of the cost) of high tier cruisers and destroyers

To get the exact figure I would need to calculate for every ship in all the lines 

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,405 battles

The thing is, the grind to t5 is not that bad anyway, just to go wtf when you first encounter the t5-7 MM.

But I suppose at least it's quicker to grind those low tier BB's, which spray random shells everywhere every 30 seconds. Maybe that was putting players off.....

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles
20 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I'm outraged at how entitled you sound but you don't see me making a post about it.....oh, wait. 

I will agree to the refund provided they also deduct all the credits, XP and unlocks you've earned from these low level ships already.

3 minutes ago, quickr said:

Is this topic for real? :Smile_amazed:

I know right, couldn't believe what I read, I wonder how some people manage to survive in the world when so much is against them. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,183 posts
20,328 battles

Frankly, I'd much rather they put a stop to excessive sealclubbing.

That would do a lot more for new players.

Sadly, they wouldn't even know it, for the most part, while the cost of things is probably easier to communicate.

Then again - if they never knew how hard it was to grind credits without a premium account before - they will just take the new prices for granted. I'm not sure if this isn't going to be a flash in the pan.

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
9 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Frankly, I'd much rather they put a stop to excessive sealclubbing.

*cough* 98 battles in a V25 (T2),  97 battles in a vampire  (T3), 146 battles in a G101 (T3)  ... looks like you condone a bit of attempted seal clubbing yourself :Smile-_tongue: