You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Ranked Season 10

387 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,276 posts
14,053 battles

Season start: Fri. Aug. 24, 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) 
Season close time: Mon. Oct. 08, 08:00 CEST (UTC+2) 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-078-wows-birthday/#ranked-battles

Between Ranks 23–16, battles will involve Tier VIII ships only.

For Ranks 15–2, battles require ships from Tier X.

Ranks 23 to 17 as well as Ranks 15, 12 (instead of Rank 10 in the previous season) and 1 are irrevocable. 

Available maps:
Tier VIII: Neighbors, Northern Lights, Hotspot, Sea of Fortune, and Mountain Range in the Domination mode.
Tier X: Hotspot, Warrior's Path, Tears of the Desert, Sea of Fortune, Mountain Range, and Sleeping Giant in the Domination mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R12 last irrevocable again!

Nice, thx WG.

Same tier from R15 is also good.

Even though I am a bit tired of TX to be honest...

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Nice, gotta whip out the Republique again and citadell away those bowcamping Des Moines :) Or just go noobmode and play Hindenburg:Smile_child:

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,896 battles

YES the chaged irrevocable!!! 

Altough i would even change it further, so it brings up strugle to stay in league, to get rid of bots and bad players. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,778 posts
17,198 battles

Good change of R10 to R12 being the last irrevocable rank (before R1).

Would have liked to have other tier than TX though ..

Then again I don't really know which tiers are good / balanced for Ranked besides T6, T8 and TX .. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,061 posts
9,726 battles

A lot of players are burned out after tier 10 CB's and this comes along just a week later? Not eve. Not sure if that's wise. 

• Cool 9

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,256 posts
24,133 battles

I dont really see much difference in this irrevocable rank 12 vs last seasons r10 tbh, also irrevocable 15 and then 12??? Makes no sence to me like at all, would be completely different story if t10 ships started at say r10 (with irrevocable r12) or even r8 but what do you gain with this? I mean the way i see it it will just push Down the potato spread a rank or so down and you will still have to push through it same as before :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,466 posts
19,620 battles
1 minute ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

A lot of players are burned out after tier 10 CB's and this comes along just a week later? Not eve. Not sure if that's wise. 

Trust me, WG doesn't see the coming attrition of the players who until now participated in ranked and clan battles.

Before we had time between ranked seasons, now we just exchange organized CBs for the chaos that is T10 ranked.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,973 posts
7,324 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

I dont really see much difference in this irrevocable rank 12 vs last seasons r10 tbh, also irrevocable 15 and then 12??? Makes no sence to me like at all, would be completely different story if t10 ships started at say r10 (with irrevocable r12) or even r8 but what do you gain with this? I mean the way i see it it will just push Down the potato spread a rank or so down and you will still have to push through it same as before :Smile_amazed:

What you gain is mostly to lock the potatoes at rang 12. Which means you won't have to suffers from rank 10 to 6.

The main issues of last ranked, is that you couldn't find any level of gameplay til you hit rank 5, because potatoes were plaguing the R10-6 matchmaking by staying stuck at R10.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,256 posts
24,133 battles

I dont see how it really changes this if they were able to “polute” from r10 up to r6 last Season it will be even easyer for them to get back up from r12 (less stars needed per rank for advanesement) in a win spree or if u Count all stars needed as Said maybee they ll end up hitting a wall a rank lower so the tatoing wall to punch through will be say r12-r7 instead r10-r6 not much difference there no? As i Said i would understand if there was some additional treshold (ship tier change or something) inside this spread but this way i just dont see the difference, its probably primarly “reward bound” change i guess 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,276 posts
14,053 battles
8 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

There are MM brackets.

Last two brackets are R10-6 and R5-2.

Last season, players could not drop out of the R10-R6 bracket anymore, making that one a real pain. 

Also from R12 it will take them a significant amount of extra time to die their way into R5-2, where you will spend the most time.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,256 posts
24,133 battles

Ok i ll take your word for it m8 :cap_like:

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
9,564 battles

Well, they just killed ranked for me.

I was waiting for ranked to play my tier 8 ships. I have a ton of them (42 to be precise) and I barely play them anymore. As Flamu complained in his video, why is everything tier 10 now?. I can't play tier 8 in randoms, and I can't play them in ranked, cause I know more than half the time I will be in a severe disadvantage, being mainly tier 10 food.

Besides, I'm really sick of tier 10s. We had them in ranked, then in clan wars, then in ranked again. Like, WTF WG? There are more ships than tier 10 ships. And the meta in tier 9 is really bad, passive and boring.

• Cool 6

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Good that Northern Lights was removed from tier 10. Too many radars made that map very stale.

I doubt moving irrevocable to rank 12 will solve much of people's frustration. Should be interesting to see though.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Looks like I'm skipping this season entirely... T-X again..... So tired of this tier.. Try to at least variate Tiers required for various events..

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
6,256 posts
24,133 battles

Idk I’ll definetly Go for the “mega signals package” rank whatever that one will be and afterwards i ll see

[_IRN_]
Players
359 posts
11,621 battles
1 hour ago, valrond said:

Well, they just killed ranked for me.

I was waiting for ranked to play my tier 8 ships. I have a ton of them (42 to be precise) and I barely play them anymore. As Flamu complained in his video, why is everything tier 10 now?. I can't play tier 8 in randoms, and I can't play them in ranked, cause I know more than half the time I will be in a severe disadvantage, being mainly tier 10 food.

Besides, I'm really sick of tier 10s. We had them in ranked, then in clan wars, then in ranked again. Like, WTF WG? There are more ships than tier 10 ships. And the meta in tier 9 is really bad, passive and boring.

T10 cost more (ship cost and service cost) so potatoes will spend more doublons

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
Just now, LordMeru said:

Chasing away old players in the process... Try and ask how many players that is fed up with T-X this and that.  

• Cool 3

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
9,564 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Chasing away old players in the process... Try and ask how many players that is fed up with T-X this and that.  

Exactly. I don't know you guys, but I'm quite sick of tier 10 gameplay. Even if I don't have many tier 10 games, half the games I play with tier 8 and 75% with tier 9 are tier 10 games. Plus clan wars, then ranked, then clan wars again, all at tier 10.

Yet we have to see something done with tier 9s. Nothing.

Last ranked season I had fun with tier 8s, I reached rank 10, and barely played anymore.

Players
1,072 posts
12,525 battles

So disappointed that it's tier 10 again, plus as I got a reasonable rank, I won't be able to enjoy playing tier 8 this time as tier 10 now starts at rank 15...

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
618 posts
9,990 battles

I spent entire month doing co-op battles in Shokaku just to get all the planes upgraded for ranked.

I don't even care about ranking up, I just like playing in t8 only MM.

I already retrained commanders and restocked flags for my t8 ships. I start with tier10. How nice.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,418 posts
13,312 battles
43 minutes ago, LordMeru said:

I use my (only two) T10s as silver grinders - with the perma cammo (and judicious flag use), they're usually very profitable - even for a complete spud like me.

Presumably, WG are hoping other less capable players work this out too, and spend to get there.

Sucks for the better players though: even more people like me at T10...

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles
4 hours ago, lup3s said:

Good change of R10 to R12 being the last irrevocable rank (before R1).

Would have liked to have other tier than TX though ..

Then again I don't really know which tiers are good / balanced for Ranked besides T6, T8 and TX .. :cap_hmm:

Why exactly ? So you can drop even lower if you get a losing streak ?