You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

From Reddit - Official WG Commander's Skills calculator

43 comments in this topic

[_IRN_]
Players
359 posts
11,621 battles

The recommended skills highlighted are useless. There's no way to differentiate from heavy and light cruisers, RN cruisers, torpedo boat or gun boat dds, secondary viable bbs and at the top it doens't suggest concealment expert for the battleships

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
3 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I guess no class needs BFT.

yeah i noticed that too, with no small degree of amusement... and at the same time they "suggest" skills that actively hurt your performance like... oh I dont know... half the CV specific ones... :dance_turtle:

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,083 posts
7,167 battles
5 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

yeah i noticed that too, with no small degree of amusement... and at the same time they "suggest" skills that actively hurt your performance like... oh I dont know... half the CV specific ones... :dance_turtle:

Are you implying that Emergency Takeoff and Evasive Manoeuvre are not excellent CV skills or that Vigilance isn't the best DD skill?

million_yrs_gulag_by_anarchoautism-dav5j

I don't know why WG didn't just highlight the essential skills only. I mean, for most ships there are 10 points worth of captain skills that are downright superior to everything else with a couple of alternate routes. Adding a blue background for the most advantageous skills while keeping the dotted lines for the more situational skills would improve the skill calculator significantly.

• Funny 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,302 battles
49 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Are you implying that Emergency Takeoff and Evasive Manoeuvre are not excellent CV skills or that Vigilance isn't the best DD skill?

million_yrs_gulag_by_anarchoautism-dav5j

I don't know why WG didn't just highlight the essential skills only. I mean, for most ships there are 10 points worth of captain skills that are downright superior to everything else with a couple of alternate routes. Adding a blue background for the most advantageous skills while keeping the dotted lines for the more situational skills would improve the skill calculator significantly.

One can also check skillsets on the wows wiki. It's what I typically do.

I basically only use the commander skill program if I want to pre-calculate my future captain skillsets that I intend to max out.

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,083 posts
7,167 battles
9 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

So.. why isn't PM viable on Battleships?

Because Expert Loader is better. How else are you going to shoot the most effective ammo type versus DDs without waiting a full reload?

:cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[FMW]
Players
117 posts
1 hour ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Because when you choose the wrong ones it costs Doubloons or an insane amount of ECXP, the latter most don't have :cap_money:

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,396 battles
7 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I guess no class needs BFT.

Especially not DDs right?

Edit: oh but they do need IFHE right?

Players
8,074 posts
8,914 battles
2 hours ago, Affeks said:

Especially not DDs right?

Edit: oh but they do need IFHE right?

Some do. I mean, most DDs won't be bothering with Manual AA either.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,932 posts
8,396 battles
19 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Some do. I mean, most DDs won't be bothering with Manual AA either.

Yep, only joke builds or dedicated CV div builds with ships like Sims, Kidd or Grozo really take it. Even then I usually play them without.

Players
8,074 posts
8,914 battles
20 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Yep, only joke builds or dedicated CV div builds with ships like Sims, Kidd or Grozo really take it. Even then I usually play them without.

Yesterday, our T6 div with our resident clan CV player in their Ryuujou ran into AA-build Hatsuharus. 7+ km AA range, because DP main battery. It was a bit of a wtf moment.

[BOTZ]
Players
15 posts
8,485 battles

what?! I've been playing with wrong captain builds all the time! let me put manual AA on all DD captains and who needs concealment on battleships - they can borderhump after all. Seriously what is the point of this? All it helps you with is 1st grade math. The recommended skills are useless if not referring to specific ship. Or make it so that you can see how the stats change on a ship if you take this and that and not just "this gives you xx% bonus". If I just started playing, this would only confuse me more and make me make wrong choices.  

[NWP]
Players
2,625 posts
16,247 battles

Great and all, but where can I find the thing on their website (I mean, I looked for it and can't seem to find the correct way to click to it from their main page)

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

what?? they arent recommending SE for my G.Kurfurst??? how do you expect my ship to survive with all those CV, DD and CA around...

[I-J-N]
Players
4,123 posts

Official WG's Frustration and Doubloon Sales Booster Calculator you mean... I'm starting to miss ShipComrade.com already... :Smile_sad:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,435 battles
18 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Yeh propose emergency takeoff to carriers. No comment.

"Skill gap between good and bad CV players is a problem."

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
27 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

Official WG's Frustration and Doubloon Sales Booster Calculator you mean... I'm starting to miss ShipComrade.com already... :Smile_sad:

It's back. Apparently a paetron made a bigger donation so the site is back up :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

"Skill gap between good and bad CV players is a problem."

Lets see what happens if and when the CV rework lands. Everyone is going to have to learn from the same starting point, Depending on what WG actually give us, the tactics used by good CV players atm may no longer be valid. Interesting times ahead

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,435 battles
4 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Lets see what happens if and when the CV rework lands. Everyone is going to have to learn from the same starting point, Depending on what WG actually give us, the tactics used by good CV players atm may no longer be valid. Interesting times ahead

Nah. Skill gaps will always exist. Unless they make CVs completely braindead (*cough* GZ *cough*) the only thing that will happen is people shifting blame for default losses from CVs to DDs or cruisers.

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
17 minutes ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

Thanks, but i can still count to 19 without the need of a calculator.

Ah a man that can clearly realizes he has toes as well as fingers. I salute you Sir! :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 4