XP and where it goes ??

16 comments in this topic

Question

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

OK so I elite a ship with an elite commander. The ship continues to gain free XP, commander XP AND ship XP is there any way to "divert" this ship XP to commander or free XP without using doubloons (like in WOT where you can click accelerate crew training). ???

15 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,037 posts
Vor 1 Minute, hedgehog_s sagte:

The ship continues to gain free XP, commander XP AND ship XP is there any way to "divert" this ship XP to commander or free XP without using doubloons (like in WOT where you can click accelerate crew training). ???

no

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

Very brief succinct answer but not overly helpful - so why would you want to gain ship XP on elite ships when they have nothing to research ?? It doesn't make sense not to be able to divert their XP to the commander.

Or premium ships which have nothing to research - why do you need ship XP on these ??

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, hedgehog_s said:

Very brief succinct answer but not overly helpful - so why would you want to gain ship XP on elite ships when they have nothing to research ?? It doesn't make sense not to be able to divert their XP to the commander.

WEll he is right, since you already know the option to convert the XP with doubloons to FreeXP.

Would be nice, yes, but then again, either use money or dont use the XP from that ship :fish_book: 

The main reason to play a ship should be to have fun.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
13,037 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, hedgehog_s sagte:

Very brief succinct answer but not overly helpful

but what should I say more? There is simply no way to use XP on elite ships other than using doubloons...

and the comparison to WoT doesn't make sense since the commander system is completely different

[NEXT]
Players
33,137 posts
16,643 battles
15 minutes ago, hedgehog_s said:

Or premium ships which have nothing to research - why do you need ship XP on these ??

Without ship XP, you do not get Elite XP and Commander XP.

Premium ships are very helpful to get Free XP (premium camo) and are very nice for commander training (premium camo, first victory bonus).

Players
2,544 posts
4,794 battles

Yeah, sadly that's just how it is.

When you elite a ship you either sell it (if you don't intend to play it again) or you keep it to play for funsies.

I have a few funsies ships and a couple of 'port decorations' (ships with unique camo I keep just to look at in port) in addition to my premiums.

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

On the cammo front - can u buy permanent cammo for "keeper" ships like my Clemson - and if so how please ??

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

I can see cammo that costs 50 or 125 doubloons but how long does this last - 1 battle ??

[NEXT]
Players
33,137 posts
16,643 battles
3 minutes ago, hedgehog_s said:

I can see cammo that costs 50 or 125 doubloons but how long does this last - 1 battle ??

These are one-use camos.

Permanent camos start at 1000 gold and can be bought for some Tier V+ ships.

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

Ive looked in the premium shop, arsenal and "external" and I cant see anything that's permanent - 125 doubloons equates to the cost of tank cammo in WoT for say summer its very expensive for 1 game !!

Players
606 posts
1 hour ago, hedgehog_s said:

On the cammo front - can u buy permanent cammo for "keeper" ships like my Clemson - and if so how please ??

Yes, but only for ships T5+ (so not for your Clemson, sorry) - and you do it for doubloons from the camo tab in port

Players
3,293 posts
24,966 battles
Am 21.8.2018 um 12:43, hedgehog_s sagte:

is there any way to "divert" this ship XP to commander or free XP without using doubloons (like in WOT where you can click accelerate crew training). ???

Please explain to me how to use frozen Tank Elite XP in World of Tanks to increase Crew training without using doubloons.

Because in WoT, when you hit the "Increase" button for skills/perks in the personal file, what happens is you use Free XP, not Tank XP, to increase the training level.

If you want to use Elite Tank XP to increase crew training, just as in WoWs, you need to buy doubloons and convert the Elite Tank XP into Free XP first.

Or at least I have not yet found a way to do it without doubloons, as I am very new to WoT.

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

Not so in WoT my friend - when you elite a tank (research all modules and the next tier tank) you can click on accelerate crew training from then on in the tank will NEVER earn more XP it ALL gets diverted to crew XP and some free XP but never just to tank XP because hey well its useless isn't it why would you need tank XP on a tank with nothing left to research??

[BONI]
Players
1,350 posts
14,150 battles

The equivalent in this game, I guess, is a 19-point captain. That's a maxed-out captain that automatically converts earned Commander EXP into Elite Commander EXP at a rate of 1:1. Which you can spend on any captain for leveling up, retraining for a new ship, and respecing. So you could literally play one 19pt captain and level up all your other captains without playing them even once. It just takes a damn lot of EXP to get that 19-point captain. But yeah, ship exp you get beyond the modules and next ship research is useless unless you convert it into FXP with doubloons.

[SM0KE]
Players
7,969 posts
16,841 battles

Everyone else has covered off the expansion on the 'no' answer splendidly; as to the point of accumulating xp on an elited ship, if you are unable to spend doubloons on conversion, their main 'point' might be that they contribute to earning daily containers, and doing 'xp' missions.

I have to admit, I quite regularly wish there was an equivalent to the WOT tick-box - I have lots of captains, and being able to accelerate their training with ship xp would be really nice. Oh well...

• Cool 1