Jump to content
Atorpad

Yorck performance

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ARYA]
Players
596 posts
15,400 battles

Hi

As we can see Yorck is the most low performing cruiser on TVII (silver ones)

 

1.thumb.png.08728bde334e8913838c4cf78900d0d9.png

 

One of the reasons is it's battleship like turret traverse speed . is WG going to do anything about it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
9,594 posts
6,769 battles

I wouldn’t say no to a little Yorck-buff. She has been buffed already and turret traverse isn’t a big concern anymore but she isn’t exactly exciting either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles
50 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I wouldn’t say no to a little Yorck-buff. She has been buffed already and turret traverse isn’t a big concern anymore but she isn’t exactly exciting either.

I found her more exciting than Algerie. At least when you get into a brawl with Yorck, where the 210 mm guns work, they do good damage and 12 torps is way more fun than 6.I don't know what you'd buff on Yorck though. The AP to not be pre-WWI vintage? The HE fire chance? Personally, my favourite would be the bow armour, but I doubt we'd ever get that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
9,594 posts
6,769 battles
45 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I found her more exciting than Algerie. At least when you get into a brawl with Yorck, where the 210 mm guns work, they do good damage and 12 torps is way more fun than 6.I don't know what you'd buff on Yorck though. The AP to not be pre-WWI vintage? The HE fire chance? Personally, my favourite would be the bow armour, but I doubt we'd ever get that.

 

For my liking she is too much of a default HE spammer as the AP mostly works below 10km or even less. A bit more AP performance would do it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles
Just now, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

For my liking she is too much of a default HE spammer as the AP mostly works below 10km or even less. A bit more AP performance would do it for me.

You can citpen Fiji and Shchors from further out. That is if you spot and hit the citadel on the Fiji. Shchors eats citadels even from 13 km away.

 

Also, Algerie, imo, is worse. Yes, you can AP things from further out, but typically, it is far more used for HE that actually has fire chance. As said, I used to play Yorck mostly safe, until I saw opportunities to rush and brawl some cruiser or the need to torp rush a BB. Then you torp left, torp right. Double Strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
9,594 posts
6,769 battles
11 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

You can citpen Fiji and Shchors from further out. That is if you spot and hit the citadel on the Fiji. Shchors eats citadels even from 13 km away.

 

Also, Algerie, imo, is worse. Yes, you can AP things from further out, but typically, it is far more used for HE that actually has fire chance. As said, I used to play Yorck mostly safe, until I saw opportunities to rush and brawl some cruiser or the need to torp rush a BB. Then you torp left, torp right. Double Strike.

 

I don’t think Fiji was around when I played her mostly. I kept the ship as y I like the 1920 aesthetics (even if they are made up). But I rarely play her as she isn’t particularly exciting to me. I like AP but her mooraker shells are somehow disturbing. Maybe I try her against some RN tin cans - that might actually be fun.

 

A brawl indeed works but a lot of times this is limited to the very end of the game as she doesn’t do well under focus fire (most Cruisers don’t)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

I don’t think Fiji was around when I played her mostly. I kept the ship as y I like the 1920 aesthetics (even if they are made up). But I rarely play her as she isn’t particularly exciting to me. I like AP but her mooraker shells are somehow disturbing. Maybe I try her against some RN tin cans - that might actually be fun.

 

A brawl indeed works but a lot of times this is limited to the very end of the game as she doesn’t do well under focus fire (most Cruisers don’t)

It's a beautiful ship. I sold it to get credits for Hipper and because I didn't have a captain anyway (used AL Hipper, who obviously moved on to Hipper). Yorck to me feels like it is a ship that is pretty unspectacular most of the time, unexpectantly shining in others. Like for example, it is hard to find a T7 cruiser that is more frightening up close. At best, Helena, due to 15 guns can be a close-range threat to DD and cruisers. And I recall Flamu once stating he used Yorck occasionally in ranked, because it is not too bad, bringing German hydro too. The HE also has good damage, which is rare for Germans but appreciated, especially as the AP only lacks effective range, not damage. Yorck AP is still able to do huge chunks of damage, more than other 203 mm cruisers (except the other Germans, as the 203 mm shell of the Hipper and up has higher damage).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
1,120 posts
15,282 battles

Gotta admit, Yorck is not an easy ship for me. It has good rudder shift and turning circle and still it is not too good at kiting, also not a good island camper. Maybe the reason is it has terrible detection range and will be frequently focussed down, especially if uptiered, simply because other ships are concealed and you are the only target to shoot at. Also a bottom- or mid-tier cruiser is a tempting target. So the key dilemma for me is, I get too much attention when up front and I lack dpm, when in the back.

The good thing about the Yorck is its 2 torp launchers per side, although rarely useful. Another thing I like is the range. The shell velocity drops painfully at long range and hits are rather coincidental, but every now and then you can finish a fleeing ship, that just doesn't know, when to go dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

I'd say Yorck is more interesting than freaking Shchors anyway. Selectable shell trajectories, decent AA, maneuverable, useable torps, special hydro, best HE in the line and kinda-German AP. Though I'm looking at a surprise-AA build for it with Jutland's Vigilance providing the torpedo defense. Let's face it, it's not exactly a brawler but it is a ship CVs wouldn't expect to be running a lethal AA build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,501 posts
19,762 battles
Quote

German cruiser Yorck, Tier Vll

The shell velocity of high-explosive and armor-piercing shells to travel 10km has been reduced from 5.65 and 6.72 seconds to 5.09 and 5.14 seconds relatively. AP shells damage has been increased from 5500 to 5600.

These changes will align Yorck's ballistics with other ships in the Tech Tree and highlight the effectiveness of AP shells of German ships.

Looks like we will be getting normal AP for Yorck after all. This will change the ship and really bring it in line with Hipper, Roon, and Hindenburg.

Can't wait for the buff to go live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,118 posts
8,931 battles

Definitely a nice buff that might make Yorck quite strong. Up to now, yorck after all already had a pretty mean punch on both shell types, but now it might no longer be restricted to one outside of a brawl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,767 posts
5,290 battles

Well, that ought to help me get more out of her certainly. So far she's been consistently mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×