Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_RcmOkfI99bBx

T-61

29 comments in this topic

Players
35 posts

The question is very simple, why I always lose with that ship? This is my first premium ship that I bought, well it was expensive but I thought it was a good ship and I mostly play with destroyers, and I like being stealth and use my torpedos. So I thought it was the ship that I was looking for. But the problem is, Im always at the bottom with this ship. %70 tier8 %20 tier7 and %10 tier6. Well, it is okay really, cause if I am playing with a stealth destroyer I really dont care if Im at the top or bottom. But even if I play awesome,good or bad, my team always sucks. But really if I change the ship it is okay. I bought this ship 3 days ago and I did 17 matches and I lost 13 and I won 4. I got 16kills so we can say I killed at least one for every match.  From now on, that is the worst ship that I lost most if you look at my stats. It gives good exp and credits like 150k per match but I lose everytime so it is not fun. Im an average player but really, I dont lose that much. So what is the problem? Is there anyone having the same problem with me? And dont tell me that "because you suck" or some kind of stuff like that. You can check my stats and see that Im an average player.

[LEGIO]
Players
647 posts
9,984 battles
Just now, patr1234 said:

The question is very simple, why I always lose with that ship? This is my first premium ship that I bought, well it was expensive but I thought it was a good ship and I mostly play with destroyers, and I like being stealth and use my torpedos. So I thought it was the ship that I was looking for. But the problem is, Im always at the bottom with this ship. %70 tier8 %20 tier7 and %10 tier6. Well, it is okay really, cause if I am playing with a stealth destroyer I really dont care if Im at the top or bottom. But even if I play awesome,good or bad, my team always sucks. But really if I change the ship it is okay. I bought this ship 3 days ago and I did 17 matches and I lost 13 and I won 4. I got 16kills so we can say I killed at least one for every match.  From now on, that is the worst ship that I lost most if you look at my stats. It gives good exp and credits like 150k per match but I lose everytime so it is not fun. Im an average player but really, I dont lose that much. So what is the problem? Is there anyone having the same problem with me? And dont tell me that "because you suck" or some kind of stuff like that. You can check my stats and see that Im an average player.

Don´t give up mate. RnGesus is harsh sometimes. Just continue to play. It will turn. I have only played 8 games with her so far. And i just love that ship :) You will do just great :) :cap_like:

• Cool 4

[NEXT]
Players
33,101 posts
16,613 battles

My guess is you play the ship too much. Frustrated players get bad results. Take more breaks.

• Cool 6

Players
35 posts
3 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Don´t give up mate. RnGesus is harsh sometimes. Just continue to play. It will turn. I have only played 8 games with her so far. And i just love that ship :) You will do just great :) :cap_like:

Thanks for the good comment :)

3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

My guess is you play the ship too much. Frustrated players get bad results. Take more breaks.

Well, like I said it gives good credits and I need credits on these days. That is why I play with her too much. But maybe you are right, I will take your advice

[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,820 battles

I see that you mostly have experience playing mush stealthier IJN, Pan-Asian and USN DD's. German DD's from tier 6 upwards play very differently from those and have rather poor stealth (as you already know) in comparison so you will have to adjust and employ a completely different playstyle (the same applies to Russian DD's). It is tough to get used to it, I started trying to play Gaede myself just a while ago and it takes some time and adjustment before it starts to go well so keep at it. :Smile_Default:

I have a Gaede thread open here somewhere with playing tips from the others for German DD line, perhaps they will be helpful in this case too? Check it out. :cap_cool:

That said, your results are not bad so probably it's just some losing streak or another. It will pass. :cap_old:

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

You were just unlucky, 17 games is still a small sample size. One player cant influence that match so much, that he would lose 3 out of 4 (even tho CVs do have the ability to drag the team more down than the other classes)

Ive had those ships too... usually IJN BBs, not sure why, but they always brought me bad luck in the first ~20 matches.

If you WR is still that bad when you are getting to 50 matches, i would start to wonder.

Players
35 posts
7 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I see that you mostly have experience playing mush stealthier IJN, Pan-Asian and USN DD's. German DD's from tier 6 upwards play very differently from those and have rather poor stealth (as you already know) in comparison so you will have to adjust and employ a completely different playstyle (the same applies to Russian DD's). It is tough to get used to it, I started trying to play Gaede myself just a while ago and it takes some time and adjustment before it starts to go well so keep at it. :Smile_Default:

I have a Gaede thread open here somewhere with playing tips from the others for German DD line, perhaps they will be helpful in this case too? Check it out. :cap_cool:

Oh I will, thank you! 

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You were just unlucky, 17 games is still a small sample size. One player cant influence that match so much, that he would lose 3 out of 4 (even tho CVs do have the ability to drag the team more down than the other classes)

Ive had those ships too... usually IJN BBs, not sure why, but they always brought me bad luck in the first ~20 matches.

If you WR is still that bad when you are getting to 50 matches, i would start to wonder.

50 matches? Damn dont say that :D Thanks for the comment anyway

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

Like others said. Sometimes you get total crap teams in a row(and can make few stupid errors yourself). I had 12% winrate in my Fletcher when I started, same crap was with Hindenburg.... but in the long run it will get better, when strenghts of ship start to show and you figure out best way to play it. 20 or so games is just not enough to get winrate which shows any real direction. keep at it and games will get better. :cap_like:

Players
35 posts
Just now, Kenliero said:

Like others said. Sometimes you get total crap teams in a row(and can make few stupid errors yourself). I had 12% winrate in my Fletcher when I started, same crap was with Hindenburg.... but in the long run it will get better, when strenghts of ship start to show and you figure out best way to play it. 20 or so games is just not enough to get winrate which shows any real direction. keep at it and games will get better. :cap_like:

Thank you!

[JRM]
Players
8,928 posts

“Curse of the new” ship m8 pretty much a Rule of thumb that, it will get better when you get more used to it

• Cool 1

Players
5,259 posts

RNG hates me when in this ship. Im always on fire, my engine and steering are broke all the time :)

I think that I always die burning down, while cursing, when I just repaired double fire and when dropping detection that one single shell lights me back up like a goddamn floating torch. /rant off :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
35 posts
7 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

RNG hates me when in this ship. Im always on fire, my engine and steering are broke all the time :)

I think that I always die burning down, while cursing, when I just repaired double fire and when dropping detection that one single shell lights me back up like a goddamn floating torch. /rant off :Smile-angry:

Lol just like me :Smile_teethhappy: Yeah exactlyy !!! Same here lol

• Funny 1

Players
5,259 posts
18 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

(and can make few stupid errors yourself)

Im pretty good at that lately.

Yesterday I was waiting behind an island in T61 so the enemy radar wears off.

Just as I was about to sail in the open, a wall of skill appeared. I knew I was dead, but I remained broadside to eat as much torps as possible in order to protect friendly ships behind me. I wish I didnt, because the ship i saved called me noob and laughed at me :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
35 posts
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

Im pretty good at that lately.

Yesterday I was waiting behind island in T61 so the enemy radar wears off.

Just as I was about to sail in the open, a wall of skill appeared. I knew I was dead, but I remained broadside to eat as much torps as possible in order to protect friendly ships behind me. I wish I didnt, because the ship i saved called me noob and laughed at me :)

BROTHERS IN ARMS FOREVER <3:Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

I bet T-61 is like playing Belfast and co.

As soon as your spotted the whole team will try and blap your p2w ship off the face of the earth. Play more cautiously. :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,288 posts
22,894 battles

Your damage is ok so thats not the issue... Remember your a DD thats all i can say.. Ive noticed in the last weeks there seem to be a new batch of DD players coming through the ranks that don't realise that DD's need to cap and the such. Ive had games (IN the T16) where i have had to abandon Fantastic attack positions i have got my self in as i realise no one is contesting caps or the caps i have got  the team have let fall...

Ive been pretty lucky however only 6 games but a 64% winrate at the moment... but that can change as i have a very low game count

Players
1,567 posts
10,294 battles

Sorry but if anyone can influence games it is DD.

Btw its dd with hydro. Avg wr is 56% and your is much lower. Change way of playing maybe.

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

Now I'm not sure whether wowsnumbers is fully correct on this on or not. Looking at it, I see you're playing irregular. If the info is correct, the last matches you played before now were in March. A lot has changed since then. I also see you spammed a lot of new ships. Again if it's correctly displayed on wowsnumbers: 13 this month alone. In different tiers and classes. Furthermore: you only have 5 battles in Ernst Gaede. Playing in T6 often gets you in T8 matches. The meta is very different there. Also, as mentioned, there is the "new ship envy focus problem." Lastly: you only had 17 matches in T61 so far. So stats aren't really saying much yet.

To be short: I think you need to "get into wows again" after a long inactivity period, I recommend building up more focused experience in ship lines and have some patience. A premium boat isn't a guarantee to win. Wait some time before playing brand new premium ships to avoid the envy focus.

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles

Its all hard to tell just by statistics. Might be bad teams, might be matchmaking in favor of the enemys or might be you. Do you have replays enabled? Post 2 or 3 of an avarage game, that might tell something. Even if not - usualy you´ll get valuable information, how to improve this way.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,898 battles

The question is very simple, why I always lose with that ship?

If that question was easy to answer, you'd be the person best suited to do just that. Self-reflection is an integral part of gitting gut.

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
2,017 posts
13,202 battles

As others have said, 17 battles is just too small a sample size to worry about at the moment. One short streak of terrible teams can give you the results you are seeing. Stick with it and get a few more games under your belt with her and if you are still suffering after 40-50 games or so come back and we can see if we can give you any helpful advice.

As a total contrast to your experience I have played 11 games in mine so far and won 10 of them but, trust me, I do not expect to maintain this 91% WR in her as my game count goes up. It's just the way streaks work.

• Cool 1

Players
35 posts
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Its all hard to tell just by statistics. Might be bad teams, might be matchmaking in favor of the enemys or might be you. Do you have replays enabled? Post 2 or 3 of an avarage game, that might tell something. Even if not - usualy you´ll get valuable information, how to improve this way.

Okay from now on, I feel like it is nearly impossible to win for me. Now it happens for every ship that I have. Im really so mad, it is happening for 3 days. 3 DAYS. Even if I chance the class or ship I always lose. Like I cant effect it. It is like the game wont let me win till this suffering is over.  I decided to just click battle button and dont give any reaction even if I lose like 100 times and hope for it is going to change. But I really accept now that sometimes the game wont let you win, I can not tell exactly if enemy team is full of unicoms or my team is full of newbies everytime. And no I dont have replays but thank you anyway. I dont think someone can help me neither me can not help myself. It is just how the game works. Sometimes you win 30 in a row and sometimes lose. Okay...

[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,820 battles
4 minutes ago, patr1234 said:

Okay from now on, I feel like it is nearly impossible to win for me. Now it happens for every ship that I have. Im really so mad, it is happening for 3 days. 3 DAYS. Even if I chance the class or ship I always lose. Like I cant effect it. It is like the game wont let me win till this suffering is over.  I decided to just click battle button and dont give any reaction even if I lose like 100 times and hope for it is going to change. But I really accept now that sometimes the game wont let you win, I can not tell exactly if enemy team is full of unicoms or my team is full of newbies everytime. And no I dont have replays but thank you anyway. I dont think someone can help me neither me can not help myself. It is just how the game works. Sometimes you win 30 in a row and sometimes lose. Okay...

Hhehhehe! That's nothing lad... :cap_old:Once had a full 4 weeks losing streak like that when everything possible went wrong (multiple detonations, potatoes everywhere and I lost my nerves too and so became one myself). But it all finally passed and I had an unusually good couple of weeks afterwards so I guess it all panned out OK in the end. Just need patience.:cap_popcorn::cap_tea:

[SM0KE]
Players
7,941 posts
16,791 battles

OP: I feel your pain - I've been getting Cursed MM in my T-61 so far (only 8 games so far, at time of writing though); it must be the undead cheese that got unearthed the other day...

From my perspective, what took some getting used to was the meh stealth - lately, I've been playing some very sneaky DDs, and the T-61 is merely okay in that regard (assuming a CE captain); this takes a bit of adjusting to.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,743 posts
4,108 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I recognize that of which you speak; I too have been there. I regard such petty misfortunes as signs that the fickle Gods of War are testing my mettle. As such, I welcome them. Those tribulations will make victory all the sweeter - or, if we lose, what tales we'll have to tell in Ägir's Halls! Remember the tenet of dashing sea raiders of all eras: Live fast, die young and leave behind a scorched, watersoaked corpse!

:fish_viking:

• Funny 3

Sign in to follow this