Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThinderChief

Why does Developers seemingly try to kill Shimakaze?

93 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles

 

Let's face it: From the average tX win rate, the first torp boat fares rather poorly, and not only it does suffer from the increased number of radars in the game, since all other DDs will not cap, it will bump into stronger gun boats more often, but W.G introduces a new tX gun boat with coyote stoopid stats:

 

Shimakaze doesn't have the speed to disengage, HP and gun power to compete vs yet another DD killer: 7.11 km Concealment vs 7.2 km stock, hydro, a DPM from hell of course, 2.5 sec reload time a rate of fire the H.E spammers wet dream of,  8 % chances of fire stock, 17,900 vs 20,800 HP. W.T.H?

 

Do you hate the torpedo boats at W.G? Looks like you try to make sure it goes further down the win rate, after the torp nerf, it was still manageable, but from the time Missouri started to sell like cookies, it wasn't real fun anymore, this plus Russian DD and the rest of it, Simakaze is left with nothing to actually use its recently "buffed" concealment".

 

So what gives W.G?

 

 

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,116 posts
8,919 battles

It's the most played DD. They could nerf it into the ground, as long as people have the dream of torping from 20 km safety without being spotted, the Shimakaze will appeal to a certain group of people. Certainly it'd be nice if it became more competitive, but I fear it is victim of a viscious cycle between WG putting it into an uncompetitive playstyle to curb popularity and potatoes picking it up for that playstyle, because they cannot play anything more demanding. And as improving the average skill floor is low on WGs list of priorities, Shimakaze likely will stay in the garbage bin.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,702 posts
10,921 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

It's the most played DD. They could nerf it into the ground, as long as people have the dream of torping from 20 km safety without being spotted, the Shimakaze will appeal to a certain group of people. Certainly it'd be nice if it became more competitive, but I fear it is victim of a viscious cycle between WG putting it into an uncompetitive playstyle to curb popularity and potatoes picking it up for that playstyle, because they cannot play anything more demanding. And as improving the average skill floor is low on WGs list of priorities, Shimakaze likely will stay in the garbage bin.


On the other hand, the reasons for the nerfs to it are whining from similar level players in BBs.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Ah crap, is the world ending already? Because I actually have to agree with OP on this one.

 

Unlocked the Shimakaze a good while ago, never played a game in her (though more because I refuse to use those stupid 20km torps or to drop free XP just to have decent torps on a tier X torpedo DD) and just looking at ship specs I can tell the Shima gets the short end of the balance stick, being powercreeped since a long time now with a current gameplay niche that could best be described as "why though?" when compared to other DDs.

 

And I'm not even sure whom to blame here, the BBabies whining about torpedo soup, the DDongs for playing the 20km torps exactly 20km away from every objective or WG for trying to pander to both of them and failing miserably ...

 

 

Spoiler

Ah who am I kidding, I blame all three equally.

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
40 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

It's the most played DD. They could nerf it into the ground, as long as people have the dream of torping from 20 km safety without being spotted.

 

Not being spotted and spotting is the primary job of the  Shimakaze, i rarely use smoke, even when firing my guns, to keep my target spotted for my team, personally, i used to play with the standard Type93 mod. 3 until i figured i was getting radared much too often, at 12 km range your maneuvering buffer is really narrow, i tried Torpedo Acceleration skill to increase their speed, range 16 km, they still are visible from a distance which allows your target top dodge them.

 

I know some people will use the 20km range for the stake of it but i'd rather be able to keep my concealment advantage and use the Type93 mod. 3.

 

Shimakaze doesn't have the speed to disengage easily, certainly not from a Russian DD, so i pay a particular attention at the team composition to figure which DD have which concealment before the game starts, then, the 20 km Type F3 are just enough to work against targets in idle or players who are not paying attention, because they can easily been dodges, especially if you fire them from long range, they spray much too widely at this range, are detectable from far and quiet slow.

 

So they are only useful vs radar ship camping behind their rocks, that is if you manage to flank them.

 

34 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Ah crap, is the world ending already? Because I actually have to agree with OP on this one.

 

Unlocked the Shimakaze a good while ago, never played a game in her (though more because I refuse to use those stupid 20km torps or to drop free XP just to have decent torps on a tier X torpedo DD) and just looking at ship specs I can tell the Shima gets the short end of the balance stick, being powercreeped since a long time now with a current gameplay niche that could best be described as "why though?" when compared to other DDs.

 

And I'm not even sure whom to blame here, the BBabies whining about torpedo soup, the DDongs for playing the 20km torps exactly 20km away from every objective or WG for trying to pander to both of them and failing miserably ...

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Ah who am I kidding, I blame all three equally.

 

 

You're spot-on. I don't like to use the 20km torps, they don't pile up a huge amount of damage, experienced players see them coming etc, but i think, the torp spamming from this range might have been too much, unfortunately, they nerfed them way too much as well and reload time is way too long.

 

As for the ship itself, it's already marginal, i have much less trouble yo-yoing in and out of engagement with Tashkent despite the bad concealment, at lest i have the speed and maneuvrability to dodge which Shimakaze cannot do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,501 posts
8,295 battles

During a Q&A the devs straight recognized that Shimakaze is not only the most played tier X destroer in the game, it's also the one that attracts EDIT players the most. They are so aware of it that they refuse to remove the 20km torpedo option because they know with certainty, both from surveys and in game data, that those are the choice of the mentally challenged payerbase that compose the majority of Shimakaze players.

 

I'm guessing that they want to make these players to move out of the Shima but in true WG fashion they are afraid of angering the potato field and they take roundabout ways to make people consider grinding other lines (and make them spend money on free exp, premium time and such). These roundabout ways come from making other lines more appealing but, in the meantime, the capable Shima players are victims of this surrealist behaviour from the devs.

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
76 posts

Seems like these days the only Shimakaze being sailed is by the 20k brigade.  I find it very rare for one to scout or cap, but rather most seem to hang back, head to the boarders, keep out of the way, and launch torps at extreme range once they feel safe enough to move forwards after about 5 minutes of game play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
76 posts
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Sell the Shima and get the Harugumo instead. Problem solved. 

Yes but then they'll have to play the Akizuki (which I enjoy, or at least after getting IFHE), which many players will complain about, followed by heavy free exp burn then complaints about the Haragumo as people get it without knowing how to play the style ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
3 hours ago, ThinderChief said:

 

Let's face it: From the average tX win rate, the first torp boat fares rather poorly, and not only it does suffer from the increased number of radars in the game, since all other DDs will not cap, it will bump into stronger gun boats more often, but W.G introduces a new tX gun boat with coyote stoopid stats:

 

Shimakaze doesn't have the speed to disengage, HP and gun power to compete vs yet another DD killer: 7.11 km Concealment vs 7.2 km stock, hydro, a DPM from hell of course, 2.5 sec reload time a rate of fire the H.E spammers wet dream of,  8 % chances of fire stock, 17,900 vs 20,800 HP. W.T.H?

 

Do you hate the torpedo boats at W.G? Looks like you try to make sure it goes further down the win rate, after the torp nerf, it was still manageable, but from the time Missouri started to sell like cookies, it wasn't real fun anymore, this plus Russian DD and the rest of it, Simakaze is left with nothing to actually use its recently "buffed" concealment".

 

So what gives W.G?

 

 

160 shima battles in the past week average damage 53k and wr just slightly lower than your total average. 1900ish total shima games at an average damage of 54k ... wtf are you whining about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
2 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

160 shima battles in the past week average damage 53k and wr just slightly lower than your total average. 1900ish total shima games at an average damage of 54k ... wtf are you whining about?

 

 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Savvy?

oxford.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
17 hours ago, dapprman said:

Seems like these days the only Shimakaze being sailed is by the 20k brigade.  I find it very rare for one to scout or cap, but rather most seem to hang back, head to the boarders, keep out of the way, and launch torps at extreme range once they feel safe enough to move forwards after about 5 minutes of game play.

 

That's not the way i play mine.

 

I spot for my team all the time, keeping the targets spotted as long as possible and calling for fire support, i play a lot with my concealment range, a lot more difficult with radars in the game.

 

The reason why most of us go for the border is mostly the presence of radar behind the islands next to the caps, If there's a Moskva, that will be 11.70km, shorter ranged radar is 7.5 km which mean that at least they can cover 15 km to a maximum of 23.4 km between them, and that's only two ships. 

 

Caping? When you have two radars in a game? You think i'm suicidal? And I don't hang back, i play BBs only occasionally.

 

17 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Sell the Shima and get the Harugumo instead. Problem solved. 

 

Nope, it's not a real torp boat, if i want to play a gunboat i play my Tashkent, although i'm not sure if i want to get the Khabarovsk, the Tashkent is quiet good for taking down Cruisers and BBs as well. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,664 posts
11,782 battles

As for the upcoming Daring, Shimakaze might be the biggest victim, but the problem is the planned DD that (with IFHE that will be mandatory) will face other DDs while carrying Harugumo's firepower on a hull with Shima's concealment. I mean, it takes no genius to realize that something's off there, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,116 posts
8,919 battles
13 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

 

Nope, it's not a real torp boat, if i want to play a gunboat i play my Tashkent, although i'm not sure if i want to get the Khabarovsk, the Tashkent is quiet good for taking down Cruisers and BBs as well. 

How about PA DDs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
22 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

How about PA DDs?

 

I have no idea what they are. ideally would love a tX torp boat as balanced and the Akatzuki tVII, it's no slouch with guns and feels a lot stronger for the tier than the Shima.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,116 posts
8,919 battles
24 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

 

I have no idea what they are. ideally would love a tX torp boat as balanced and the Akatzuki tVII, it's no slouch with guns and feels a lot stronger for the tier than the Shima.

Pan-Asian DDs. In 16k battles you never encountered any? They basically have USN firepower at high tiers and their torpedoes are extremely stealthy, in exchange for not being able to hit DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

Pan-Asian DDs. In 16k battles you never encountered any? They basically have USN firepower at high tiers and their torpedoes are extremely stealthy, in exchange for not being able to hit DDs.

 

I don't like them so much, i researched and played as far as the tVII Gadjah Mada, mostly for Scenarios battles.

 

Torps that can't hit another DD aren't good to me, reason why i sold my Asashio after a few games, i hated it, also i don't want any radar ship on my port, so from tVII that's it for this line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,116 posts
8,919 battles
3 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

 

I don't like them so much, i researched and played as far as the tVII Gadjah Mada, mostly for Scenarios battles.

 

Torps that can't hit another DD aren't good to me, reason why i sold my Asashio after a few games, i hated it, also i don't want any radar ship on my port, so from tVII that's it for this line.

German and high tier American have decent torps. But if that's not for you, well, we ran out of ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

He's just looking for any excuse to complain, hell saying it's "impossible to cap" when there are 2 radars on the enemy team tends to be somewhat revealing.

 

I play Shimakaze every now and then, it's a decent boat. When the Daring comes the Shimakaze will be the better part of 9 kts faster, more with a speed flag or in other words 33% faster. Sure if it gets the drop on a badly played Shima like in that video it will slap it silly, but somehow I don't think that will happen every other match. Daring is far from indestructible either and far MORE vulnerable to radars than Shima.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
12 hours ago, Riselotte said:

German and high tier American have decent torps. But if that's not for you, well, we ran out of ships.

 

I don't like US DD guns, i researched them up to the Fletcher which i played with one of my clans who requiered its smoke, but to be honnest, if it wasn't for poor rate of fire, the guns on the Shimakaze are way better, 915 m./s vs 792 m./s, a lot more precise especially at long range, that's why i never hesitate to use them when the opportunity present hitself.

 

I played the Z-23 as well, but none of them are real torp boats.

 

12 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

He's just looking for any excuse to complain, hell saying it's "impossible to cap" when there are 2 radars on the enemy team tends to be somewhat revealing.

 

I play Shimakaze every now and then, it's a decent boat. When the Daring comes the Shimakaze will be the better part of 9 kts faster, more with a speed flag or in other words 33% faster. Sure if it gets the drop on a badly played Shima like in that video it will slap it silly, but somehow I don't think that will happen every other match. Daring is far from indestructible either and far MORE vulnerable to radars than Shima.

 

You're looking for any opportunity for chest banging and flaming, now and then doesn't give you the expertise even less the reason to brag, more to it, Flamu video tittle says it all, not to mention the ship average win rate. 

 

Get a life.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
5 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

 

You're looking for any opportunity for chest banging and flaming, now and then doesn't give you the expertise even less the reason to brag, more to it, Flamu video tittle says it all, not to mention the ship average win rate. 

 

Get a life.

 

Now and then is roughly 2 games a day, but whatever and I never brag :Smile_teethhappy:

Flamu's video is a montage of Daring being very good and he's a super player, but Daring has several glaring drawbacks and limitations, you however just want to make you case that the end is nigh, which quite frankly it isn't.

If you dislike the game as much as your constant complaints appear to portray I'm mystified why you play in the upper tiers or even at all.

 

Your posting history and attitude is so unbelievably full of moaning it's a source of comedy, I doubt anyone on the forum that's seen a few of your posts takes you even slightly seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
57 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

 

Now and then is roughly 2 games a day, but whatever and I never brag :Smile_teethhappy:

Flamu's video is a montage of Daring being very good and he's a super player, but Daring has several glaring drawbacks and limitations, you however just want to make you case that the end is nigh, which quite frankly it isn't.

If you dislike the game as much as your constant complaints appear to portray I'm mystified why you play in the upper tiers or even at all.

 

Your posting history and attitude is so unbelievably full of moaning it's a source of comedy, I doubt anyone on the forum that's seen a few of your posts takes you even slightly seriously.

 

I just contested a cap vs another Shima with two Cruisers as support, some Shima players are using Inertia Fuse for HE Shells and if you don't, you loose the engagement, as simple as that, so if it had been a daring, i'd be dead. 

 

Instead it finished this way.

 

Now, have a look at the team composition and count the radar ships.

 

This map is quiet favourable to DDs and in particular Shimakaze because there aren't so many spots where radar ships can hide, in one occasion, i managed to put 3 torps on one of them on this map, even with the cr@p torps, the Shima still have its weight to pull for the team but between radars and new gunboats it's not going to get any better.

 

Now you're such good cinema a critic, you should watch the Magic roundabout series and write revues, like everyone who read my post have your opinion, seriously? 

 

shot-18_08.21_03_15.00-0156.thumb.jpg.1178793309e6dd1e3f5ecde40664cb8a.jpg

shot-18_08.21_03_15.04-0498.thumb.jpg.1698d1735e7ff6ce516783ff9b229660.jpg

 

shot-18.08.21_03.15.14-0496.jpg

shot-18.08.21_03.15.08-0039.jpg

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,053 posts
23,045 battles
10 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

After seeing the video of flamu, i must say i'm impressed by the Daring and want to try that ship!

Looks very fun to play.

 

Every O.P ship is fun to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×